The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Meh, he'll get better :p 

2. petes2177

petes2177 the poowrr?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Overall, I was very impressed with the movie. Sure, there were obvious plot holes and "WTF?" moments, but you can't expect perfection.

Also, a cool little "last minute edit" that Bay did was in the beginning of the movie with all the Apollo stuff, when they showed Sentinel, he was red instead of the yellow that he was in the trailer, haha.

3. caniblock

caniblock New Member

Optimus vs Megatron vs Sentinel

Hi everyone, ok so I saw the movie early on Tuesday evening in the uk.

Spoilers just to warn you! The end fight between optimus megaton and sentinel does not portrait optimus as turning on them both but megatron betrays his 'deal / truce' with sentinel prime and starts ripping him to bits. Optimus does lose an arm but continues to resist and fight! As optimus is knocked down megatron provokes optimus by saying 'so what would you be without me optimus?' he jumps up says 'let's find out!' and plants his energy axe firmly in megatons head and rips it out! Optimus turns to sentinel who is now feeling regret and says he is sorry for betraying optimus but he had to?!?. Optimus picks up a gun says 'you only betrayed yourself' then finishes him with a double tap from the gun he picks up!
    It's a cool scene and in general I was very pleased with the film. Hope this clears up any mystery / mis-info on the ending. If you go see it hope everyone enjoys it. Thanks Caniblock

4. 420bot

420bot ******

I forgot to mention half the people clapped and half the people booed, very mixed reactions.

5. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    Its all true! ive seen the midnight release and its true! Optimus loses his arm because sentinel cut it off.. but then after megatron shot sentinel from the back (Basically saving prime's life because sentinel was about to stab optimus through his spark) megatron then said a statement to prime, i cant exactly remember what he said something about optimus being nothing without him.. then prime picks up his energon axe and viciously kills megatron, planting his axe in megatrons head then pulling it off along with his spine.. afterwards he takes megatron's shotgun and shoots the injured sentinel a few times in the face. IT really happens man srry i dnt have a ticket stub to show.

6. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

From the sounds of it I am so glad michael bay is calling it quits.

Optimus just isnt right and if anyone says hey its war your being naive.

All you have to do is replace robots with actual humans and that movie never gets a pg 13 rating.

Shooting sentinel while he is down and being regretful is just one more indication this Prime is a mockery of the character not an homage.

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Oooh boy, caught the 9pm showing..not really sure what to say. What a body count. Much darker, and much more violent than the last two films. Easily the best of the three. Laserbeak was awesome, loved him in this. Even knowing the spoilers ahead of time, it was an awesome experience. Crankcase was badass. Hated seeing Megs get bitched so much, but ah well.

And oh how I love people QQing over Prime actually being a badass.

8. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I feel numb.

9. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sentinel didn't realize that he had been wrong, he was regretful that his plan was stopped. He believed in what he was doing at the very end. Besides, there's the whole Sentinel killing Ironhide thing.

10. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Did James Avery voice ANYBODY???

11. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I was thinking about some of the criticism of Prime in the movie, and just a thought here...

What was Prime about to do to Megatron in the '86 movie before Hot Rod jumped in the way? I don't think he picked up a blaster so they could talk out their differences over tea and crumpets.

12. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

Nope.

13. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Just got back from the movie. It was a good action movie, but a subpar Transformers movie. I think the Chicago battle was overhyped. It was good, but only Optimus and Bee really fight in any capacity.
    The Pros:
    Great CGI
    Leonard Nimoy is great as Sentinel Prime.
    Megatron looks badass
    The story is good. IDK what the critics that didnt like the story are talking about... the story was clear and reasonable with no major plot holes.
    Barricade shows up!

The Cons
    The robots feel even more soulless. Noone comments on when certain bots perish. Characters are introduced and just killed off. You have no reason to care about any of the robots. The robot interraction has, if anything, regressed. Shockwave never meets with any of the other major Decepticons. Soundwave, Megatron and Starscream dont really interact much at all.

too much Sentinel Prime - He used up far too much of the robot screen time.

Lack of Autobot vs Deception fights - the Autobots and Cons spend very little time fighting. Between Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave, they kill one Autobot. Hell, other than Soundwaves 2 second fight with Bee, they dont fight at all.

No parity - Even though the Cons outnumber the Bots vastly, the Bots are so overpowered that you never feel they are in danger. The major Decepticons dont do shit... they never have fights, and they all go out like suckers.

No Megatron Optimus fight - Seriously 3 movies and their last fight is a 2 second affair?

Optimus the murderer - Seeing Optimus shoot Sentinel when he was clearly finished was disappointing and out of character. Optimus would NEVER shoot a defeated opponent especially not someone like Sentinel.

Overall, DOTM is a good movie, but not a good Transformers movie. It is the best movie of the trilogy, but I think its the worst Transformers movie out of the 3, mainly because the robots barely interract, and the Decepticons and Autobots barely fight each other

14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    What can I say here? Talking from an unbaised perspective...the movie was a fantastic action movie. It isn't a Criterion Collection classic or anything, but as an action movie? DAMN GOOD.

The first thing that really impressed me was the filming in native 3D. Michael Bay really knew how to put on the 3D effect and make it not a gimmick. It actually enhanced the film rather than detract from it, and for me that was a huge thing since I was going to see this in 3D from the get-go. Bay really pulled out all the stops here and made a movie that really looked fantastic. I will say that the biggest complaints about the two previous films...that the action was nothing more than metal blurs...this was not the case in DOTM. The animators really did a knock-out job in making the action look good and easy to watch.

No spoilers here, but the plot was acceptable. I'm not looking for award winning writing here, but the set up was just fine, and didn't really leave any holes in the plot. There was a scene or two that I felt didn't quite connect, but I won't elaborate due to spoilers.

So what was the best part of the film for me? Robots. This is the film you've wanted to see from the 2007 movie and ROTF. Just when you thought you were bored with humans...the threw robots in. The human scenes were refreshingly short, and the story kept moving with little to no slowdown. Characters that got little to no lines got lines in, and even the new ones got quite a few lines. Que/Wheeljack and Dino/Mirage had quite a bit of dialouge, and the Wreckers were rather fantastic.

A big issue is that the robots felt detached. The main autobot cast seemed to care the least for each other, and more about the war. You could say that it was due to the plot and the mood, but a little more compassion in their character would have helped. They're guardians of Earth afterall...they SHOULD care more!

That's all I really got to say without elaborating too much. I thought the first two movies were pretty awful, but this movie was just fantastic. It really is. If you like Transformers...read up on the plots of the first movie and ROTF, then go see this one. This movie is all you need to see.

15. VPTwarrior

VPTwarrior Warrior

Ebay:
    This movie really really disappointed me, why, because the commericals and all info i heard there was going to be like an hour long battle even better than revenge of the fallen, THAT DID NOT HAPPEN, what happened was they showed more humans than transformers in the movie, FUCK THE HUMANS, even worse they stopped doing that one on one fight scenes like in the other movie, the fight scenes were too short, Shockwave, Soundwave, and Starscream went out like B*tches literially, Optimus was badass but not enough fighting from him, they needed like of 5 minute fight between him, Megatron, and Sentinel, also again too much human interection, what about the transformers, i heard they would talk more about the history of the main transformers not the people, i give this movie a 7/10, CRAP ITS LIKE SPIDER MAN 3 ALL OVER AGAIN

16. OptimusPrimeX

OptimusPrimeX Well-Known Member

Mini Movie Review (Spoilers)

I have mixed feelings about the movie overall. I really loved the CGI special effects and the 3D was awesome. Some of the 3D looked a little bit blurry due to the close ups and quick movements from the camera but overall pretty cool.

The beginning of the moving begins well with them talking about the moon landing etc. and then some funny moments as they set up Sam and other human characters. Rosie who plays Carly i believe did a great job. Yes, Megan Fox is missed but Rosie is a worthy replacement. Shia did a great job as Sam as usual and really has some great moments. One of my favorite scenes is with Ken Jeong.

One of the best scenes is when there is a chase sequence on the freeway and Bumblebee is forced to transform while Sam is riding inside of him. Sam is then thrown out of Bumblebee, then caught, then bumblebee transforms again and brings back Sam inside the car. The scene got a lot of applause and there was high energy in the theater. There was some amazing CGI and transformation going on in that scene.

We soon learn about Sentinal Prime as he betrays the Autobots and then KILLS Ironhide. There was a huge shock in the theater. We all could not believe what we had just seen. I personally felt the energy of the theater go down drastically after his death. The movie / theater loses a lot of energy and flatlines for a while. I am still trying to process the fact that they killed off Ironhide (In my opinion there was no need to kill him. I think they could have just injured him pretty bad but let him live and NOT killed him)

Like I mentioned before the movie seems to flatline for a while even some jokes fall short because in my opinion people are still thinking "WTF, they just killed Ironhide?" So we then see some human action sequences which are cool. One of the more notable ones were the falling building and free falling sky divers. The energy doesn't pick back up till Optimus comes back to save the day.

The ending is overall bitter sweet. We see more human, autobot and deception deaths. Some amazing CGI fights with Sam and Starscream, and Shockwave. Optimus Prime ends up killing his main rival Megatron and then Sentinal Prime. Optimus is not messing around and means business. Optimus makes his speech and the movie ends.

I came back from watching the movie a little while ago and im still trying to process what I just saw. It is a visual overload. I think the movie doesn't feel like it ends on an "up beat" way. I don't feel good about how the movie ended. I think the ending could have been stronger and should have left the audience in more of a positive way. I just felt drained in the end and felt the ending really didn't have closure. In a way, i almost don't want to see the movie again cause its bitter sweet. Well that is my mini review for now.

17. prime292

prime292 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Saw the movie last night , and thought it was a blast. Tons of action and some awesome surprises mixed in for good measure. Prefect summer movie imo. The movie really made you care about the robots and had me guessing a few times if Autobot X would make it out alive. It will be sad if this is the last movie we get for a long time but it did go out with a bang.

18. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

Closure in the ending seems to be a big letdown for a lot on here, including me after reading about it so often from those that have seen the movie.

19. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

What are all the badass things Optimus Prime says?

20. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I can't believe some people are syaing there is no interaction between the robots! Consider:

Wheelie & Brains (far more palatable than Skids & Midflap, plus some genuinely funny lines)
    Sideswipe, Ironhide & Dino as the 3 warriors bantering as they dispose of Decepticons
    Both the Primes. What can I say, such betrayal and emotion!
    Ratchet's line to Bumblebee: "you fought well" with a hand on the shoulder.
    Ironhide & Optimus in the hangar when IH bangs on his roof!
    Megatron and Starscream (Megs may be depressed but he still doesn't put up with Starscream's shit)
    Megatron and Sentinel Prime - the deal with the devil.
    The Wreckers - they're assholes but great Autobots.

These moments are what comes to mind right now, but I had no complaints about the level or quality of robot interaction/dialogue.