The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    Actually, it was a bit silly when the 'Cons had rounded up all the Autobots, and then ironically a human suggested collecting prisoners was a bit of a dumb idea. Soundwave had this look of 'Oh yeah, why didn't I think of that?' on his face

2. bad karma 99

bad karma 99 Imaginationist.

I loved the first one. I liked the second one. DOTM didn't do anything for me. Early on in the movie it seemed as if the robot scenes were over just as they were about to get good, always cut short by cutting to Sam or some other human drama.

Sam is growing up to be an asshole.

Bumblebee rescuing Sam and Lennox and then immediately getting captured ? Did i miss something ? Was something cut out ?

Optimus Prime getting tangled in some cables was just stupid.

Sentinel Prime, a legendary autobot leader being reactivated and then ten minutes later murdering Ironhide just happened too fast.

We really didn't need to see the whole 1960s moon mission scene again.

As usual with movies that I have expectations for, my first viewing ends in disappointment. I can usually enjoy them better the second time.

3. vslayerntx

vslayerntx Well-Known Member

was a great movies but still had some of the old issues...like not enough screnn time, lines or utilization of the charcters.....but here are a few of my thoughts/questions
    - Sam was annoying (more than usual) in this movie...whinnig again and being kinda a douche to his gf (no wonder micahela left him)
    -I was surprised how small shockwaves part ended up being (he was just another decepticon as opposed to "the big bad" like he had been played as
    - the twins (the cars anyway) are in it for a brief scecond if you look at the autobots pulling into the base for the first time they are both in the back but you only see the 2 cars for a brief sceond
    - soooo megatron was in league with sentinel from way back during the war? then why did the decepticons shoot down his ship and what about all the only a prime can kill the fallen crap, would megatron have allied with sentinel knowing that would have pissed off the fallen if he knew (they could never have worked together)
    - Q is hardly seen or used....very poor addition of this character
    - Q pleading for his life seemed odd...felt like as an autobot he would have told soundwave to shove it...
    - soundwave was pretty small in size than he appeared to be in rvenge of the fallen, his face looks different and his voice was different as well
    - why do there have to be like several clones of every decepticon.....dreads were killed then there seem to be more of them on the moon then there were the standard long hauls and consructicons that I saw
    - wasnt the matrix inside the harvester when prime blew it up? (I guess it just reforms for him).....and umm if he can bring back dead bots with it....where are the pieces of jazz and arcee that they could have used to bring them back
    - Don't really know if wheelie or brains died because the ship they were in crashed into the water but didnt explode or anything but of course we never saw them again
    - leadfoot is oddly shaped reminds me of a power ranger monster or tik tok from return to oz
    - so the ending seems like a good segway for unicron to come and create galvatron, cyclonus, scourge and of cours the some more standard clones
    - As an Arcee fan I have decided that she went on a mission to scout neighboring systems to see if there are any other autobots out there that didnt get their message or if there are sources of energon...hey it works for me

4. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I liked it way, WAY better than the miserable excuse for a second movie. Still had pacing problems and entirely too much time with the military, but a much better complete movie with an actual script than RoTF was.

5. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

You forgot the "were in utter denial that the perfect end to the series was removed just to add another body to the pile" fans..

myself included :banghead: 

6. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    HORRIBLE movie. Threw my 3D glasses at the screen before it ended.

7. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Still the short notes version of my experience, since I'm tired as hell and ready for bed. I'll write it up better tomorrow but while my thoughts are fresh:

* Easily the best movie in the series, and far darker and grimmer.
    * 3D was fantastic with plenty of depth. Similar experience to another viewer; I thought someone was standing in front of the corner of the screen, but it was an object in the film. However, it could easily be enjoyed as a 2D film, which is a great thing. The movie wouldn't feel out of place when watched without the 3D effect.
    * GREAT amount of screen time for each Autobot, with all characters getting some dialog in, including the likes of Q and Sideswipe.
    * Steadier camera shots so we see their faces more.
    * Starscream.
    * Very well paced. The movie actually flew by for me and didn't feel too slow, didn't drag on. Once the wheels started turning, it just kept going.
    * I Actually felt sad for Q and Ironhide. Way to have their heads fall off their bodies, Bay. :<
    * I now hate Patrick Dempsey for the above reason.
    * I noticed Q is listed as Q/Wheeljack in the credits. We were all right!
    * Rosie wasn't as bad as critics are blasting her to be. For an untrained actress, she came across as warm and sincere.

The atmosphere was great in the cinema. The IMAX theater was packed with TF fans and there was a lot of clapping and cheering. General impression seemed very positive. Heard lots of laughter and people stating their enthusiasm.

8. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I agree that the movie had some pacing issues, particularly in the beginning, but the Battle of Chicago is one of the most intense things I've seen in a while. The flight suit sequence was outright amazing.

I think the movie did a great job of making the Decepticons really nasty. Especially Laserbeak. And to use pro wrestling terminology, Sentinel got a LOT of heat after his heel turn.

While I wouldn't say the characters were really well defined, the 'Bots certainly got a lot more screentime and I think that made the difference when things got heated toward the end of the movie. Given how our crowd was(people were freaking out when it looked like Soundwave was going to kill 'Bee), I think they could do a sequel/reboot that focused more heavily on the Transformers themselves, though I do think at least some human element is important.

Rosie was pretty charming in her role, though I do agree with people who say it seemed like the role was written for Mikaela initially(working in a car museum, Bones being at Sam and Carly's place, etc).

By the way, I'm sure other people have commented on it at this point, but did the command pod of the Ark remind anyone else of a certain large Autobot?

9. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

Great movie IMO......way better than both TF1 and ROTF........I was a bit disappointed with the way they used Shockwave.......and it really pissed me off to see Dillon giving instructions to Soundwave............really tired right now so maybe tomorrow I'll do a better review. Oh and the 3D was great!

10. tc3wins

tc3wins New Member

Just saw the movie. it was much better then the last two. and laserbeak kicks Ass. It is true the movie does not end the same as the book. and OP is much tougher in this movie. I heard the 3d version has a little more footage so will see it again this weekend in 3d. Finally I think Bay. did a good job.

11. 420bot

420bot ******

The movie was so nuts I have to go see it again, the 3d kinda sucked, but the film was pretty good, maybe almost to insane.

Before I give it a rating I'll have to go see it in 2d.

But Dylans demise was so f'n funny I got side pains...and shouted out f*$k yeah as he died.

12. sharpy39

sharpy39 Sharpius Prime

News Credits:
    Here's my REVIEW.

Leave your comments please, I'd appreciate feedback.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't apologize. Because I don't agree :) 

14. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Loved it! Better then the second for sure. On par with the first!

15. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    I really really enjoyed the movie, more so than the last 2. However some stuff did disappoint me.

I did agree that pacing seemed a bit off and I felt like the humans got too much time. I felt like I saw robots a lot in TF2 but in TF3 I kept wanting to see more.

-Sentinel going crazy was pretty awesome because it completely threw me off guard.
    -I also liked/disliked the last battle because megatron getting killed just happened way too fast (although he did have a cool death). I hoped they would duke it out for at least a minute.
    -Prime had a cool trailer that was only really shown in the beginning. Later on it's just implicit that he took his gear from it.. so it seemed like a waste to design something that cool esp when I was expecting Prime to combine with his trailer at some point
    -And shockwave... ughh cool character but I ended up in disappointment. I was hoping he'd be the ultimate bad guy in this movie but he's just another bot. He did have his moments though

16. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Just got back from the movie and it was amazing! Best of the three.Oh and imo the wreckers were funny as hell :lol 

17. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

Really liked it. Not sure I loved it . . . but that may come after I see it a second time. MUCH BETTER than ROTF, then again, it wouldn't take much to be better than the second one.

18. JCz28

JCz28 The Ballin TF fan

News Credits:
    It felt Epic and I have to agree it was better then the last movie. I did my best not to read spoilers so I had no idea that Sentinel was a villain.

19. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

i personally was very pleased with dark of the moon. i had alot of fun watching it. the action was great, i enjoyed the plot, the CGI and 3d were amazing.

these are my only 3 gripes with the movie:

1. this is my biggest problem: that shockwave pulled a darth maul. says one or 2 lines, has 3 short scenes in the whole movie, looks bad ass, and dies a gruesome death.
    2. super-prime. i love ya prime, and good on ya. love movie prime alot. but he was way to overpowered in this movie. he kills shockwave, the driller, megatron, and sentinel. the death i had the most trouble with was megatron. after sentinel was knocked down, they had like a 2 second fight, then megatron gets his head cleaved in half with an ax, then de-spined. predator style.
    3. that every decepticon was killed. i really wish one or 2 decepticons could have gotten away. megatron? dead. soundwave? dead. shockwave? dead. starscream? dead. the dreads? dead. laserbeak? dead. even barricade? dead. :( 

but all in all thous were my only gripes. otherwise, i thought this movie was fantastic, best out of the 3. i had been spoiled early on that sentinel was a traitor. but i never expected him to be such a douche. i was expecting more of a "realizes later that he made a mistake and becomes good again" sort of betrayal. there were 2 characters that really stole the show this movie. the first act, was laserbeak. he was bad ass. AND HE TALKED. second half, was sentinel. i really enjoyed his character.

and the part that shocked me the most *TO BAD IT WASNT SHOCKWAVE :cry  *.. was the death of ironhide. i did NOT see that coming. it was brutal. and really REALLY sad. i came close to tearing up.

20. optimus kimchee

optimus kimchee Well-Known Member

Just got home from watching it :popcorn 

I liked it a lot! Sure it's not perfect and there are some moments are REALLY annoying... Sam hanging from SS eye was a bit much, Optimus getting tangled up, the lady with the glasses that was calling the shots :thumbdown 

Why was Cybertron made up of all rods and honeycomb designs? What a terrible planet design! :( 

Then it implodes at the end after the space bridge is destroyed? I could buy the section that was teleported being destroyed or chopped off from Cybertron, but did they really have to destroy it like that? Pretty weak! UGH :confused: 

Optimus was straight up BADA**!!!! :cool: 

He owned everyone he fought except Sent Prime.

I love that they used elements of the G1 show for this film!!!! :thumb 

- Ark type banishment shuttle launch
    - Trying to pass the matrix of leadership
    - Optimus loosing his left arm
    - Optimus' energon battle axe

I tripped out when Sent Prime blasted Ironhide! :mad 

It was sad to watch Ironhide melt and see his head fall off, I was in shock! If there was any Autobot I thought would make it through it would be Ironhide :rip 

Half of the movie was a modeling commercial for Rosie... for her body :D  ...her face... not so much (sorry, dont find her face attractive)

I wanted to slap Patrick Dempsey, Sam should have blasted him when he had the chance in the kitchen!

Really dumb all the hype for Shockwave... he is stupid in the DotM game... elite decepticon assassin my a** he spoke one word of english when he said "Optimus" then bounces out like a pu**y, he didnt fight anyone and Prime flys in a rips his eye out?! *sigh*

Megatron didn't do anything either except the final fight.

I laughed after Megatron ganked Sent Prime then he turns to a one arm Optimus and says:

"Who would you be without me?" -Megatron
    *Optimus grabs energon axe
    "Let's find out!" -Optimus
    *Optimus rolls over Megatron, stabs Megatron in the jaw with the axe, slams into the ground and cuts his head in half... OWNED!

Barricade is a obviously a coward for a decepticon, he disappears after movie 1, then is in the mix when the invasion happens? Please! He deserved to killed by humans... he wasn't worth an Autobot's ammo :lol 

All together I enjoyed it, will watch it again in the theaters :thumb