The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just saw it... Ha ha. Prime is such a dick. Again. :) 

Easily the best of the 3. The first hour was...eh... The last two hours were killer. I can't believe I just typed that. That was a long-ass movie.

The Wreckers were indeed shown only weaponed-up. That surprised me. Leadfoot's animation ruled. His belly jiggled. So rad.

The highway battle with the dreads was great. Bumblebee's eject Sam, transform, leap, catch Sam, transform scene was EPIC! And now I want a toy of the dread dog.

Nimoy stole the show. I had to roll my eyes at "good of the many good of the few". Aside from that...wow.

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was blown away by the way he took out the Xantium, and his attack on the Ospreys was sort of an extended re-working of his crowd-pleasing acrobatics in movie 1. I also loved 90% of his dialogue.

3. WarDrums

WarDrums Well-Known Member

Ha. I pretty much agree. I just wanted to see them die.

4. bumblebee1981

bumblebee1981 Well-Known Member

went to go see the midnight showing and i thought it was the best yet.

5. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

6. TheFallenTF

TheFallenTF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got back. Great movie, easily the best of the three. I laughed when Optimus was tangled in the Crane wires for a while hahaha

7. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Fantastic film. Easily the best yet. I'm headi-g home aftet midnight so I'll write my thoughts a little later.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I'll give a full rundown tomorrow, but two quick comments before I go to bed, because I'm afraid I'll forget them:

1. The critics on RT clearly handed in their first drafts of their ROTF reviews instead of actual DOTM reviews.

2. The 3D is well...let's put it this way: at one point I thought some asswipe just decided to stand up in the middle of one scene and block my view, but then I realized it was actually Sam Witwicky's back side facing the camera. In other words, it was probably better than Avatar.

9. an2ni

an2ni Member

mirage/dino

is it safe to assume that mirage/dino didn't "die" as compare to the novelization???

10. WarDrums

WarDrums Well-Known Member

Agreed. That whole pink Bumblebee thing was weird and very creepy.

11. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Dude, completely agreed. Aside from never trying to kill Megatron, Starscream was done PERFECTLY. His dialogue was so...Starscream-ish.

"My eye! My Eye!"

*two seconds later*

"Agh! My other eye! I can't see! I'll kick you!"

:lol  It's a ridiculous line, but that's classic Starscream right there.

12. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

A little disappointed that Shockwave was essentially "killed" by humans. Prime just flew in and cleaned the scraps. Utter bullshit. Way to go, Bay.

13. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    it was highly amusing watch Monkey-Hands post a VERY accurate and detailed description that was TRUTHFUL, only for most of you to doubt him and ask for ridiculous signs of proof. Then asking questions as if you don't want ANY of the movie to be a surprise. The way you guys hounded him with questions, and then didn't believe most of his answers, not to mention the general snarkiness in this thread, has solidified the opinion in me that if I ever come into some insider info about anything TF related, I will keep it to myself.

People getting bent out of shape about the tiniest crap... your lives must be so picture perfect to have to stoop to details about a movie to be angry about.

I know i come off as some elitist snob, but seriously, this thread really depressed me in my thoughts of the fandom.

To stay on topic...

Didn't care that Dino wasn't Mirage. There was absolutely nothing that evoked Mirage about Dino. I dug that they called Wheeljack Q, as the two characters built crazy gadgets for their respective camps.

Laserbeak? CREEPY. Soundwave? AWESOME. Shockwave? what? didn't do a hell of a lot, spoke even less. Prime? violent as balls, and i enjoyed that. Sentinel? yet again, a douche.

I had a great time watching the movie. And i didn't even get a ticket, because my dad runs the theatre. So i have no proof, and don't give a whit if any of you believe me. I don't even know why i'm sharing my opinion, it's not like anyone cares what i have to say :) 

sorry for such a negative post.

14. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

just got in..defintley the best out of the 3 and my new favorite! Optimus was as badass as i had hoped, and then some! i'm extremely pleased with the movie, the humans were tolerable in the movie which is different, i really like the older sam. all in all it was an amazing movie and i feel i'll be seeing it a few more times in theaters :) 

15. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just as I expected. Lots of action. Way too much human Drama, zero bot characterization.

I don't even think they mentioned the Wreckers by name. So much work into the CGI for like 4 seconds on screen.

Better than ROTF by a long shot, but I liked the first the best so far.

16. PropagandaWar

PropagandaWar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It Fooking! Rocked Nuff Said!

17. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    umm....WOW.....where, was that film for the Last 4 years?

The first film was an unwatchable Mess...and while Revenge improved greatly it still wasn't....good.

But this?! not perfect but a BILLION TRILLION times better

Rosie huntington-whitley!!! WOW! what an improvment in all catagories!

The robot action was great. and it really felt like watching "All hail Megatron"

The Ironhide/sideswipe Vs. Dreads fight.

Wheelie...you champ you!

CONS?

Shia...still. Whine whine whine, A scene with dropped trou, and the watch...sigh....But he gets major Cred for capping Starscream, even if the "dangling" joke went on WAY to long (As always thanks Lennox for saving the day in every concevable way.

I wish the fight with Megatron went on longer, It's like he really didn't expect Optimus to fight back.

Killing Sentinal. I didn't like it and it seemed uneccasary ... BUT, ROTF taught us the Autobots DON'T take prisoners (A practice the Decepticons seem to know how to do) and if Animated taught us anything.... its that Sentinal is a huge douche who deserves to die.

The whole Dino, Q thing. you can tell it was changed.

18. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Disappointing. Saw it at AMC in ETX (only 14 in the continent, Orange, California has one of them), it was AMAZING, it was LOUD, and the screen seemed bigger and clearer than IMAX. Visually, it was GREAT, the 3D was...MIND BLOWING!

But the movie itself...fuck...we were robbed of Megatron vs. Optimus truck vs truck collision battle. The final fight with Optimus vs Sentinel vs Megatron was too short for me, but FUCK Optimus got his shit wrecked.

The Wreckers could've been a hell of a lot better and had more use, but I did like the brutality in that once scene, god damn! I like that Topspin is accurate in that the jaws-of-life clamps on his hands are always there. Mirage didn't do shit and I didn't care enough for Wheeljack/Que when he died, though it was shitty. Soundwave hardly did anything, but LASERBEAK WAS BOSS! Sooo awesome that he got to talk! Shockwave also was VERY MUCH A LETDOWN! I didn't expect "LOGIC THIS. LOGIC THAT", but at least a LITTLE more talking, he was a beast instead of any sort of scientist or assassin. Megatron was lazy as hell, and didn't do a damned thing. But Brains & Wheelie RULED, such a damn shame that they (probably) died. Still too much focus on humans instead of Transformers, though. I liked it better than RotF, but...I don't know how I can judge it accordingly against the first one. Let's just hope the next movie (whenever it comes out, whoever it stars, whoever directs) does the brand more justice.

Oh yeah, EDIT: Rosie kicked ass! I'm not a professional actor analyst or anything, but she was REALLY good IMHO, blew Megan out of the water, and did a great job on her own. I hope she comes back!

19. Lone_Decepticon

Lone_Decepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  20. Rodimus_Prime88

Rodimus_Prime88 Well-Known Member

Just saw it in Union City. It was AMAZING. Everyone was cheering for Prime and Bumblebee and all the young adult males in the audience were drooling over Rosie (gotta admit, she's hotter than fox in this one). This is definitely my favorite of the three- the humans were bearable, wheelie was actually funny, none of the humor felt forced and I LOVED the final fight. So BAD ASS. Kinda wished "Dino" would have been mirage..I hope if he gets a toy he'll be D-No or something and not Dino..that just seems odd.

Sad to see Ironhide die tho. Sentinel continues the tradition of all sentinel primes being a jerk. Although I did laugh when they threw in a Spock line for Leonard Nimoy to do for sentinel: "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.." XD