The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I liked that this film wasn't about Sam needing to save the world. He was only there because he wanted to save Carly.

I do agree that Ironhide needed to be moarned. WTF seriously. At least have Optimus scream at Sentinel in battle.

2. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    One technical fluke doesn't count.

3. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

ditto
    its called a joke, relax yourself.

IMO,
    Q was still a dumb character stereotype, that added nothing to the film.

that scene wouldve been way more powerful if it was ironhide on his knees basically regretting nothing(maybe even being brave for bumblebee) and taking it in the back.

4. Rodimus25

Rodimus25 Well-Known Member

Not the world, his best friend! Who he has been through thick and thin with. Who also had just saved him and the afore mentioned Carly.

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never thought I'd say this, but the scene the Twins have in the novel is utterly brilliant.

6. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Best way to sum up this movie:

Megatron (to Optimus): What would you be without me?
    Optimus Prime (closing face-mask): Time to find out...

7. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, even after I watched the movie, I didn't get the point of the first scene with Bumblebee, Dino, etc. where they just came in and shot up the joint. Were they just out doing some vigilante type work? I didn't catch the explanation for it.

8. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena CyberCon is #1! Veteran

News Credits:
    Just saw it. LOVED it! Way better than the second movie.

9. Blank x2

Blank x2 New Member

I just got back about an hour ago, and wanted to try to help with some of the questions being asked on here.

First, this is the best Transformers movie so far. It was definitely the darkest in tone of the three, and had in my opinion the best writing so far. The plot actually was unveiled slower than the last two, and there are twists here and there. I'll try to answer as many questions I can and back up some of what has already been said.

- In the beginning, it shows the entire Apollo mission on the moon, and shows how it was covered up. Also shows how the Russians had obtained cybertronian technology from the moon, and them toying with it is what caused the Chernobyl incident.

- The watch Sam is given by Dempsey's character is a decepticon, and is basically a spy which allow the decepticons to monitor what Sam sees and says.

- The Autobot Q is basically Wheeljack, and is executed while prisoner while Soundwave. There are no twins, and Dino and Sideswipe get about equal screen time, with each other and the other Autobots. Wheelie and Brains are funny, and the humor thru the whole film isn't as forced and juvenile as before. It seems to fit, as the rest of the film is dark.

- Sentinel Prime does indeed turn on the Autobots, and executes Ironhide from behind in cold blood. He is attempting to work with Megatron to acutally use the space bridge technology to actually bring Cybertron into Earth's atmosphere (as close as the moon), in which they plan to use human beings as slaves to rebuild Cybertron.

- The scale and scope of the final battle in Chicago is by far and away the best battle in any Transformers film. It's long, hectic, loud, and awesome.
    It clocked in probably just under an hour, with action pretty much the whole time.

Starscream sadly was done in easily by Sam, and didn't have too much of an impact in the film or final battle.

- Pretty much all autobots outside of Prime are given about equal screen time. Bumblebee probably a little more than most. Shockwave and Megatron aren't in it as much as we'd like, but Shockwave is literally wasted, being in the film hardly at all.

- People who think Optimus Prime is TOO violent will take it in context when they see it. With Sentinel turning on the Autobots, Optimus blames himself basically for Ironhide's death and for suggesting the humans trust Sentinel, who betrayed them all. The Decepticons are literally killing humans in the street on screen, as well as Autobots. Prime doesn't go crazy: he goes badass. He has a purpose, and even states that to win the war at this point, they have to kill them all. And he does a great job of it. He single handedly brutalizes more decepticons than all other Autobots combined in the film.

- Regarding the END, here you go: Sentinel Prime and Optimus Prime go at it, and Prime does indeed 100% get his right arm cut off at the shoulder. Carly does talk Megatron into taking on Sentinel, as she points out that when Cybertron is rebuilt, he will still always be second to Sentinel. This enrages Megatron, who shoots Sentinel in the back as he is about to execute Optimus. Megatron steps between the two battered Autobots and basically says something about there can only be a truce if it means HE is in charge of the new cybertron, and basically says to Optimus there is nothing that he can do about it. Prime's faceplate pops over, and he (with one arm) completely kicks the hell out of Megatron, embedding his axe in Megatron's face and ripping his head and spinal column aside. Sentinel tries to beg for his life, but Prime has none of it, and shoots Sentinel twice in the head, killing him. The final fight was awesome, but way too short for me.

Anything else, just ask.

10. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Theres nothing about either of the characters that is Mirage or wheeljack like (except for Q making stuff) so the name change is not noticable

11. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

super cool man!!!

12. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    just got out of a midnight imax 3D showing, and oh my god I loved it, amazing, the 3D was insane, every 3D scene in the movie was great, seeing ironhide rust away was so sad

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Interesting Info but I'll wait for independent verification from a long standing member, No offense Intended to Monkey hands or any one who has seen it and reported in.

Edit: okay its verified. still plan to see it.

14. just1nj

just1nj pro genji

I just got back from watching. Just wow. Pretty much enjoyed every bit of it. It was a bit hard watching Ironhide rust. Didn't really get attached to Q to care about him as much.

15. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I agree. Having IH since TFTM really made his death seem much more tragic. Plus, he's my favorite character.

16. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Well-Known Member

I was hoping to see Optimus get into his flight equipment.

I think I like the Dreads more than the Wreckers. Just love the way they run during the highway scene.

17. just1nj

just1nj pro genji

Did anyone get a little laugh when Optimus was in need of his trailer?

18. Lone_Decepticon

Lone_Decepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I felt sorry for Q. Soundwave took him out like an old dog.

19. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

I did,

he said something along the lines, I need my trailer it has my "Mech Tech" in there.

I almost expected him to wink at the camera, and freeze frame with a Trade mark logo popping up

20. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

I'm linking up a review in a second. It's in a separate thread due to the post's length: give me a moment.