The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

How is the end of the film...does it abruptly end, or does it gradually slow down and tie up in a fitting way? Also is there a Prime speech?

2. MorenoVL

MorenoVL Well-Known Member

If I have to be honest, it ends really fast. Optimus has maybe 2 lines of 'ending speech' and it goes directly to Directed by Michael Bay :D 

Seemed a bit rushed

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

No Prime speech.

Optimus just murders Sentinel Prime and Megatron (with only one arm mind you!) and then it ends about 30 seconds after that.

Very abrupt.

4. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    What did the Wreckers do?

Also, what did Laserbeak do? I heard some people say that he stole the show.

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    If one looks at these Movies From a Decepticon Perspective The Autobots are Nhialistic Murderously insane Traitors they have again again supported Fleshlings over the survival of their own race and ultimately contributed to a series of events that amounts to Cybertronian Genocide and essentially racial extinction of all Transformers bar the handful that don't die in the Movie.

So the end result of Optimus Prime's leadership seems to be when he's done only about 7 Transformers are left that we know of when previously there was at least a few Hundred and the prospects for the Future seem dire rather than tentatively hopeful if he'd decided to make a truce with Megatron and rebuild their home.

[Not counting anyone who'd run off some place like Dispensor or X-box bot or any tiny robots who survived Bumblebee's Kitchen Crew killing rampage or anyone who heard what Happened to Demolishor and Sideways and thought it best to stay out of the way]

Oh and was the multi-legged bot The Construction Transformer Overload by any chance or did they finally use something derived from Rampages unused Centaur mode ?

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

The Wreckers are kept on the rocket site for the Xantium space ship that takes the Autobots to the Moon as they basically designed and built it. Aside from that, they just shoot at stuff and help out Prime when he gets tangled in some cables for half an hour.

Laserbeak is sent to assasinate the NASA scientists and transforms into pretty much anything.

7. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Okay, thanks.

Did Laserbeak talk? I think I read that he did but I'm not sure.

8. cosmosaurus

cosmosaurus RID is Better Than G1

so basically instead of megatron feeling like a bitch to sentinel, as in the novel. He is actually just watching the carnage knowing optimus will likely die horribly. carly basically goads megatron in attacking sentinel, so in a sense carly saves optimus' life. That actually isn't that bad, since megatron is saying you surrender to carly and is watching in amusment as the humans in chicago burns. Since in the novel, megatron is sulking like a bitch and than carly gets him to aid optimus which than allows the truce. To sum it up in my opinion, it seems carly is the ultimate hero of earth-not optimus. She was willing to confront a cold evil bot like megatron (whereas megan fox had problems controlling fear when driving a towtruck backwards).

9. Lockdown_024

Lockdown_024 Bounty Hunter

I have to admit that Bay truly outdid himself.
    This is by far the best of the movie trilogy, and I do believe it's the best movie I've seen this summer (it's better than Thor and X-Men: First Class).
    I was a little sad that Topspin got very little screen time and barely talked (I'm not mistaken, right? Roadbuster had a line or two. Leadfoot was the big talker. Oh, and I was shocked that he was basically a fat midget. And where was the dog?!), and that the Wreckers as a whole didn't get many opportunities to shine. Q didn't amount to anything, and I honestly liked Wheelie and Brains more than him. I love Soundwave's Mercedes crest in the middle of his chest. Very Beastie Boys circa 1985 of him.
    I was surprised by the amount of deaths in the movie. I mean, Bay pretty much cleaned the plate of all Decepticons, and unless they're rebooting the franchise (they should NOT do that), I hope that Galvatron's the big bad in the next movie (seriously - salvaging the fallen Decepticons and the creation of Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge. Could be interesting!).
    Megatron was a chump with Carly getting him to join the fight. I mean, why wasn't he fighting to begin with? It made very little sense.
    The movie's far from perfect, but it's my favorite Bay movie since 'The Rock.' A wonderful was for him to leave the franchise. He'll be missed.

10. daymaker

daymaker Member

Hi

I just got back from a preview showing in the UK

Let me get straight into it with a few key moments

The beginning shows cybertron and (narrated by prime) the war and that a ship carrying technology which could of won the war for the autobots crashed and was lost forever.

the movie in terms of scale is bigger than both 1 , 2 the chicago fight 45 min in whole is spectacular in 3d.

The characters i felt bay missed a beat on for instance shockwave does practically jack comes near the beginning at Chernobyl and u feel a sort of prime and shockwave fight could of been epic instead the scene is over as soon as you blink with shockwave vanishing with his driller pet. he then comes back at the final stages and just walks around and takes a few shot but never really interacts face to face with another bot till he meets his end by prime but he had already lost his eye to nest shooters.

Megatron is also underused rarely seen only brief moments till in the end and when he is hes sitting behind a building chilling until the final fight scene....

final fight
    Megatron only lifts an arm in the final fight seen in which sentinel and optimus are fighting and sentinel is giving prime a beating chopping his (primes) arm of and then getting ready to kill him when megatron shoots him in the back and then a few punches here and their and another shot to sentinel Megatron then says to sentinel " where would you be without me" and optimus (back on his feet) then says "time to find out" he then axes megs head and pulls it out with spine intact and throws megs head to the floor. He with megs shotgun in hand then without emotion after sentinel says "i did it for us to keep cybertron alive" cant remember exactly wot prime said but sentinel says "nooooooo" before two shots kill him off.

Ironhides death was rushed i felt very earlyish into the movie so it didnt have that emotional effect it could of had in my opinion.

any question just ask as movie is still fresh in my head

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Well, Sentinel rips Optimus's arm off and then looks set to finish him when Megatron runs up and shoot SP. Ironically without Megs's interference, Optimus would most likely have died.

12. Colonel Manface

Colonel Manface Well-Known Member

About the thing with Sentinel; was I the only person who thought that it was actually... fitting? For Megatron, at least?

I mean, think about it. Guy spends two films getting bossed around by somebody else. First the Fallen, now Sentinel. So, with some goading, he finally figures "fuck this, I'm the leader" and does something about it instead of running away or cowering. He actually beats Sentinel pretty badly. Granted, surprise attack, but he still gives him a pretty thorough ass kicking. Almost to the point of one upping Prime, when you think about it.

He does get killed pretty quickly after, but he had his moment just the same.

13. cosmosaurus

cosmosaurus RID is Better Than G1

so am I right in thinking megatron was letting sentinel do all the work and chilling and then carly pushed his buttons and ego, rather than sulking and feeling like a loser?

14. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Wreckers were pretty cool, they helped launch the ship and hide the Autobot in another rocket or something like that to fake their deaths. They also had some important moments in the final battle firstly fighting Shockwave for awhile and then cutting down Optimus when he gets trapped in some lines.

And yes whoever told you Lazerbeak stole the show is correct (along with Soundwave IMO), he's got a bit of a mouth (says to Ken "I gotta make it look like an accident" or something and throws him out of the building) and he can turn into just about anything. My favourite bit is when he turns into a little pink robot befriends a little girl, sits at the table having tea with her and then when her parents get home he transforms and freakin MURDERS them! Awesomesauce :D 

15. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

He was definitely sulking in the last battle, really bizarre to but I liked it. He doesn't fight at all just sits in a back alley on the floor looking up at Cybertron and he talks in an almost defeated voice before Carly fires him up again. To me it was a really powerful scene.

16. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

It really did seem like Megs was just sat being depressed as OP & SP were fighting.

17. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

Is Ironhide in the movie much?
    I mean if they are going to kill him off please tell me he atleast has a few bad ass scenes taking out lots of cons.

Does anyone mourn Ironhide or even say anything?

18. Johnarnace

Johnarnace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me and my cousin in the computer cafe right now, waiting for the theater at the mall opens, and i got the last two tickets before its getting sold out.

19. daymaker

daymaker Member

Ironhide rusts and dissolves very quickly when hes dying

20. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Thanks. Now I gotta go and see this and buy Laserbeak.