The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. mephisto1138

mephisto1138 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That was a very satisfying death.

I'm still waiting for the day I get to see Megs, in any medium, just blow SS's head off.

I really loved that Megs was basically keeping SS in the dark about the actual plans this time around, dealing almost exclusively with Soundwave and Shockwave. Very very awesome.

2. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    just got back from watching the movie a second time, I love the sound that sentinel's sword makes, almost like a lightsaber.

3. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

Not calling you out meph, just using this part of your quote.

I'd agree, IF shocky was really the main villain. He wasn't. The ads were just there to throw everyone off of the real baddy in the movie, Sentinel. Put Shocky in the same realm as Soundwave, Barricade, etc and behind StarScream a bit and he fulfilled his role pretty well I think.

4. mephisto1138

Ebay:
    That is a very good point. He wasn't the main villain. But they didn't need to throw him away so quickly. That's all. I definitely want the screen time to go to the SP vs OP fight as that's the main event, we don't need another oh look, OP flew in and killed the main bad guy, oh you blinked and missed it? Our bad. Like we got in ROTF. This is a case where being economical with your screen time early allows you to deliver the proper pay offs in the end. Granted, this is how Shockwave would have died in the cartoon, since I never saw him as a physical threat, just a smart and therefore dangerous opponent like Soundwave. But poor Shockwave. That death was practically an embarrassment, not that most Decepticon deaths in these movies aren't, but I really wanted him to get a little bit more respect thrown his way. Just because he was a writer's tool of misdirection, doesn't mean you have to toss the tool when its job is done. Ultimately its not a huge gripe at all, just another example of how a minor fine tuning could have helped the over all film.

5. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

Good points for sure Meph. If nothing else, I really love his incarnation / model. Would've loved to see it more on screen.

6. Hosta

Hosta Banned

Mephisto1138 even though we never saw it, i suspect that the Battle Cruisers came through the space bridge on earth, so they wouldn't have needed to enter earth's orbit from space.

7. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Spiderman can do it.
    [​IMG]

8. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

One word: UNICRON!

9. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    While watching the movie, I was not sure why closing the space bridge would suck in the Decepticon ships.
    I also did not like the idea of the mother ships bec. it was a too obvious swipe from the movie Independence Day. I was already making Independence Day mother ship jokes about TF3 even before the novel spoilers came out about Brains and Wheelie destroying one of the mother ships.

10. mephisto1138

Ebay:
    Yeah, its easy to figure out, just strange that they didn't show it. I'm sort of surprise the reviewers didn't jump on that. Typically, in any invasion film, battle cruisers are shown having a slow, lumbering and intimidating approach ala Empire Strikes Back...

So I guess kudos to Bay for being different? lol even if this was the one time NOT to be, lol

11. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

Saw it last night with my brother. We saw all three together which is one reason I'm glad to have seen these movies. I will say it was better than second. Plot wise and it feeling like it had a beginning middle and end. There were things I enjoyed and things I didn't. Sentinel prime shocked me. I actually felt bad they made him a traitor. When they already had megatron in that role. Him turning on them after they pretty much risk their lives to protect him really made that moment. Definitely sad with Ironhide. Especially in the beginning saying prime was pissed and taps him in truck mode, I laughed at that. The part where it looks like soundwave was about to kill bumblebee, for a second I was saying aw, don't. I'm glad they didn't because that would have been horrible for kids who love him. Not that these movies are for kids anyway. I honestly could have done without the driller. It was too big and ridiculous in my opinion. The humor was toned down in some ways. I pretty much tried to ignore it. It does take you out of it some. Optimus was more like optimus again. Yes he had a battle station and killed alot at the end but other than that, he was portrayed ok. Peter Cullen awesome as always. I'm mad he didn't get his well deserved cameo as primes holographic driver. But oh well. The optimus, sentinel, megatron moment was cool but it wasn't about saving prime. It was about ego. Sentinel/megatron both thought they were better than everyone else. Optimus killed megatron basically to say I'm done being tied to you. Though an axe to the head is a bit much. And really killing sentinel was necessary. A shot to the head is humane if you think about it. Dark and some emotion. At least we got that. I may see it next week in 3D.

12. Shockwaved

Shockwaved Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've just watched it and man that was just awesome! I loved it.

Definately my favourite of the 3, I thought that the interplay between the bots and cons was much better, like as mentioned above, when Ironhide tapped on top of Prime and told him to do something. Still could've had more though.

The special effects were just mind blowing, but then I've come to expect that from ILM.

Would've liked to have seem Megatron some more, I gelt that they were starting to get his character right. I loved the shot of him sitting on Lincoln's chair. I want that as my desktop background.

It wasn't perfect, I thought that some bits were rushed and some felt slightly odd. But overall a very enjoyable film, and thank you Michael Bay for making up for ROTF which was a tad of a "cluster f..."

I'm so gonna see this again.

Oh, and poor old Shockwave :( 

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  13. cheesemcbutter

cheesemcbutter Starscream's cheek waxer.

Just got back from watching it. Their heads rolled off. D:

Anyway, two words...

BAD. ASS.

14. jon44w

jon44w Member

Right cards on the table, DOTM is number one in my book of the best film i have ever seen in my life, it put a massive smile on my face more than any other movie, and at the end of the day isint that what movies are all about?? the chase scene with the dreads actually gave my goosebumbs no other movie has ever done that before, hope im not alone!!

15. andrew8798

andrew8798 Well-Known Member

Saw it today enjoy it. Can't wait for the Blu-Ray

16. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    It was wonderful! Best Transformers movie ever.
    I sure hope we get a figure of that garbage truck.

The only things I would have liked in the movie would be that, Shockwave got more screentime and that Megatron didn't die so easily.
    Other than that really great!

17. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky beepboopbop

Sentinal should have got hit in the face with a throwing knife

18. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    can we get real toys for the other dreads too lol Best scene in the movie I think!

19. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I really liked it and I'm glad they cleaned up alot of the toilet humor. Still too much Human time and there was no real Epic battles like there were in the first 2. Battle of the Primes was kinda meh compared to OP's 2 fights in ROTF. I liked Dino (but hate the name), Laserbeak and Shockwave but the rest of the new bots were kind of meh.

20. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Epic sig dude:thumbs2: