The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Hosta

Hosta Banned

Scrapper6 did U notice that small headlike Decepticon! i'm thinking that might have been Bays version of a Sharkticon.

2. Satanatron

Satanatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally saw it and just like I thought they never expained why Megatron became a tanker truck...
    The animation was superb love a lot of the designs. Like Ironhide and sideswipe taking on the Dreads. Loved Lazerbeak. Everything else was, to me mega disappointing.

One part that bug me was when Optimus Prime was trap on the building I was like waiiiitt..He can't get out?? Why what about his swords?

3. ironhidefangirl

ironhidefangirl "I needed that!"

Dotm was awesoooome. Now I just want to see it again and get in on DVD. When will the DVD be out? I'm guessing in about 3 months, as it is with most movies.

4. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I liked DOTM much more than ROTF. The story was easier to follow and made more sense. The CGI was the best of the 3.

I have one thing that's been nagging me and sorry if this has been asked/answered before (I just joined in the movie discussions today): Why did SP not take the Matrix back from Optimus when he was offered it? If he was going to betray the Autobots all along why not have more power, especially with all his talk about "living like Gods" etc? I guess it didn't really matter in the end but it seemed inconsistent.

5. OptimusPrimeX

OptimusPrimeX Well-Known Member

Seeing as your name is IronhideFanGirl, it would be interesting to see what you thought about Ironhide's death. I still can't get over it myself.

6. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ravage.

7. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Nawh that was an homage to kremzeek I believe.

8. OptimusPrimeX

OptimusPrimeX Well-Known Member

I think some people mentioned before that maybe the matrix of leadership was rejecting him since he wasn't worthy, knowing he would betray them. The matrix of leadership is given to a worthy leader.

9. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

In ROTF they say it is earned. If SP had tried to take the matrix - maybe it would have turned to dust again - thus giving the game away and that fact that SP was a traitor.

10. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    Why the need to explain things that aren't really that important. Yeah, we could do all of that and have the movie be 3 1/2 hours long instead. Don't think people really want that.

If things like that bug people so much, feel free to put any reason you want to it. He was hiding out, recovering from his wounds. Does it need to be any more complex than that?

11. The Crooked Man

The Crooked Man Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe the movie Matrix is a fuzzily-conceived MacGuffin that can magically create Cybertronian plot holes.

12. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    That's the spirit! Nothing wrong with putting your own creative juices to work!

13. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I really want to see this again! I had so much fun watching this movie and the 3D was the giant cherry on top.

14. ironhidefangirl

ironhidefangirl "I needed that!"

Ironhide's death was absolutely shocking and brutal to me. I thought I was going to cry or something, but I think I was too shocked. I think I was just sitting there with my eyes real wide and my hand covering my mouth muttering "oh my god" and "he killed him!" over and over again. That scene is forvever burned into my mind, but I guess I like to torture my fav characters too XD I'd like to watch Ironhide's death again (not because I like seeing him die!), once the movie comes out on DVD!!!!!!!!!!
    *Sentinel shoots Ironhide twice in the back*
    *Ironhide collapses and rolls over in pain*
    "What have you done?"
    "I hereby relieve you from duty."
    *Ironhide is shot in the chest, and he clutches at the gaping hole as he rusts and disintegrates* X(

15. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    I have a really good definition of what a plot hole is. However I fear if I said it some people would get all bent out of shape over it.

16. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

If memory serves the model was twice the size of Ravage from the last film, if it was Ravage's model, I suspect that it was meant to just be a nameless larger figure for the big battle scene.

17. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    First thing I thought was Kremzeek.

Anyone else notice in the office when Laserbeak was the printer I swear he was playing the G1 theme tune in button presses. Also I'm sure Bumblebee made a G1-esque transformation sound at the very end....very unlike the film universe.

Shockwave was a total disappointment for me, for a bad guy all the Autobots were shitting themselves over he was taken out waaay too easy and he had too little screen time.

Wasn't impressed by the 3D either, I've seen better on my TV at home so I'm putting it down to the cinema I was at and will reserve judgement till I get the 3D bluray.....overall tho loved it. Awesome movie.

18. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

:cry 

19. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    It may have been my first modern 3D movie, maybe it was the IMAX difference, but hell no...no at home system will match what I saw in that theater. Don't know if the standard 3D screen was just that much worse or what.

I can't think of any time in the movie where the entire scenery didn't appear almost alive.

20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'm either getting used to it or the screen I was in was crap then but for me, Green Lantern had far better 3D (which was a different screen in the same theatre). It also had the worst crosstalk I've seen in a 3D cinema movie....which is making me think even more it was that particular screen.

Like I said, I'll reserve judgement for the 3D BR.