The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

I found the humour was like ROTF, some silly scenes. The person who played Carly couldnt act but there was some amazing fight scenes, it kept me on edge and Optimus fighting was just amazing. All in all a good film.

2. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's what he's good at. I see nothing wrong with someone sticking to their convictions. It's like telling a guitarist to change his style, it doesn't make him the same anymore. Imagine if someone told Ace Frehley to change the way he played...

3. The Crooked Man

The Crooked Man Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why hire Michael Bay to make a Transformers movie if you don't want a Michael Bay-style Transformers movie? Why expect anything but a Michael Bay-style Transformers movie if they hired Michael Bay?

4. Jericho

News Credits:
    Did he? Well either way, it is what she is. Posing in the pictures is just that, posing.

She wasn't meant to be anything else. She's a hot piece of ass. As the owner of a race team, etc, you want your hot piece of ass showing off. It's like Miss Winston or the Speed Girls from back in the day.

5. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    I only see 2 choices, accept the story as was presented. Or wish they had put all the appropriate explanations for everything under the sun and make the movies 3 and half hours long.

I don't think anyone wanted another hour filled with more explanatory blah blah dragging things out even more. I'm sure if they made each movie 3+ hours, they could have given us everything down to Sam's underwear size but the story would have been completely easier to follow.

It's the sacrifice we make for greater action!

6. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm so not buying that darn DOTM Shockwave toy. Shockwave was build to the the next villain and a parachute over his head spelled his demise???? That was really insulting. What's up with the worm? The G1 cartoon handled it better and considering with was made in the 80's.

7. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Hence why I keep referring to her as a Prop, that I failed to grasp her employment status AKA Job in the company does not matter, I still got the fact that she was a Prop. Not only for Dylan (Thank God they didn't call him Sean Burger), but for the entire cast of this film right down to the lowliest of the Decepticons.

8. Jericho

News Credits:
    Well without her they couldn't really force Sam to do anything. That is why she worked for them, drove Soundwave, etc.

9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Am I alone in being reminded of Shai Hulud?

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i need to read the rest of that, but i like that quote. its Bay saying very bluntly that he does what he does, not what other people tell him to do.

exactly! i remember when he was first announced, and i went out and grabbed a copy of The Island to watch. I had seen The Rock, Armaggedon, and Pearl Harbor as well, in the theaters even (ex-girlfriend, you know?) and had wanted to see the Bad Boys movies, but still haven't... but after watching the Island, and seeing all the crazy stunts he did, I figured Transformers would rock, and all 3 movies have. sure, there's some nitpicky things i could focus on, or i could just have fun and enjoy what i've got. and that's what I do. I'd love to see this franchise rebooted later, and get new TF movies in different styles for the rest of my life, so we'll just have to see what happens now that the Bay trilogy is done. but i think anyone expecting to see a 2 hour movie where the main characters are all CG and on screen during the entire time obviously doesn't know how much it costs to make a movie.

so, being blinded and taken down by an elite task force, who then gets a big hand from Optimus Prime is insulting? only if you're Shockwave... i thought it was a badass scene...

11. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

Crap, nm, I somehow replied to an old page in this thread. Sorry.

12. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree as well...

I seen it last night in 3d. Like I said, the CGI and 3d stuff was GREAT...

But all in all...as an "uber-hyped this will be the best yet, best movie of the decade, NEW BENCHMARK for scifi/action films" no way in hell...Mabye the technical part of it, but not the whole movie as a whole...

I really have to say that now..TFM1 was the best, Tied with ROTF and DOTM in 2nd. I was NOT that impressed.

I just cant believe how some of the biggest named characters went out...IH and SC deaths were SOOO CHEEESY...when I seen it...I just shook my head. I thought the dreads were pretty dumb. They just took all the no-name transformers from ROTF and put em back in. only the toys are called dreads. If you didnt know that then it would have just been a nameless decepticon army again.

My wife went with me...she knows some TF lore from being with me and seeing the other movies. She is NOT a huge TF fan ok...Her exact words were "the 3d and cgi stuff was just awesome...but what a shitty movie"..

I have to agree

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i was thinking the giant worms in Beetlejuice, which i assume are probably a reference to Shai Hulud from Dune...

14. Omega77

Omega77 Crystal City

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but I like that Tom Kenny and Reno Wilson, Skids and Mudflap, are here in the form of Wheelie and Brains. Reno Wilson was in all three movies (Frenzy, Mudflap, and Brains). I'm really coming to enjoy Tom Kenny as a very good voice actor. Was also glad to see John Di Maggio (Bender and Marcus Fenix) voicing Roadbuster.

15. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry but I've been coming here for months and have never seen that statement. .__.

16. Hosta

Hosta Banned

Scrapper6, err i didn't notice Trypticon in the opening scene of DOTM! did anyone else notice him?

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I think he was saying that some board members might have had expectations that were too high. Which I would agree with.

18. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

You are not alone. I was calling them metal sandworms from the get-go. Especially the shape of the maw when they went for attacks.

19. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I'm not sure if it was meant to by Trypticon, but there was a rather large four legged beast former standing on one of the struts of the planet in the big opening scene on Cybertron when Sentinel's ship was fleeing.

I called him Trypticon or Hun-Grrr because when I first saw him I thought that's who it could have been, one of those two in a cameo appearance. For all I know it could have just been Ravage repurposed for that shot or one of the Dreads. I'd like to think though it could have been Movieverse Trypticon.

20. OptimusPrimeX

OptimusPrimeX Well-Known Member

I had a nightmare that they had killed off Ironhide. Then I check on the forums and it was all true. :(  IRONHIDE COME BACK!!!...Its going to take a while for me to get over the Ironhide death. If Ironhide had lived I would have like the movie a bit better and also if the ending had more closure. Looking back at the movie DOTM, if they ever decide to make new movie TF4, they should really work backwards and have a very strong ending worked out first and cut the fat in the middle of the movie. It seems like there is a lot of fat in the middle of the movie that needs a lot of trimming and the end felt rushed.