The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What did he fail to inform non fans in? Good guys v. bad guys, what else is there to know? Movie 1 explained why they left Cybertron, don't like Megatron, etc. Movie 2 explained, well we can ignore that one. Movie 3 explained why Sentinel Prime did what he did.

Seriously, what is so confusing about this movie?

2. Crescent-31

Crescent-31 Decepticon

Oh ok, didnt know that. (seems im not hardcore enough haha) Well then...

TIME FOR REBOOTS *pchooooo*

3. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    My feeling as well. I think we'll get a Blu-Ray with a bunch of extra footage.

But, now that some time has passed, I think they should have left all those scenes in and just split it into two movies. Everyone I talk to in my office always says something to the effect of "It was an awesome movie, but it was really long!"

4. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    WHOA! WWWWAAAAYYYYY WRONG!!!!

Dead wrong.

Wrong on so many levels I can't wrap my brain around that wrong.

Peter Cullen isn't even in the conversations if not for the fans.

g1 references up the ass all throughout the 3 movies. Only a fool couldn't see that.

Some design aspects were influenced by fans.

Some characters were selected based on what the fans wanted.

There was a helluva lot more in these movies because of what the fans wanted than I ever thought there was going to be in the beginning. Just because it didn't contain every fans deepest hearts desire, which would have been totally impossible I might add, doesn't mean he was ignoring the fans. Those statements he did are ridiculously false because these movies had more fan input than any movie franchise ever did.

What other film franchise had the producer open up a website and ask the fans what they wanted? We had that voice here. Problem is, that voice can be like a schizophrenic 6 year old when it comes to this shit sometimes so that can be rather hard to please.

5. Jericho

News Credits:
    This!

Ironhide wasn't even supposed to be in TF07. The fans spoke and Arcee was gone, Ironhide in.

I just wish he listened and gave us Welker as Megatron.

6. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Yes and no. My experience prove that Real 3D glasses and Imax 3D glasses are different. I went to the same theater and I did notice the "glasses" were different, it was more like visors.

7. Jericho

News Credits:
    RealD>imax

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    And that children is what we call 'foreshadowing' and truthfully, I thought it was clever.

Honestly this movie balanced the load of badass much better than its predecessors did:

NEST and Seal Team 6 killing some fodder and maiming Shockwave with some genuinely creative squad tactics is then equally measured against Optimus Prime getting his rage on and decimating some mother fuckers. Ironhide and Sideswipe's standoff with the Dreads was also inspired and awesome

It is due to this, the first half or so of the movie acquitting itself as a halfway decent sci-fi thriller which reveals that Soundwave has been playing a long game for his master with loyalty absolute, has risen it about RotF by spades.

-Me, 2011

Also, DOTM, best belated birthday present EVER.

9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Completely wrong.

Completely wrong.

10. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    At least we got Welker in it though as Shockwave and Soundwave. Sure he didn't say much, but at least he was part of it all.

11. Metaldud

Metaldud Member

Before I post my thoughts, I need to apologize for not posting on here much. I've just never had anything useful to say.
    I saw the movie last night, and it was awesome, save for a couple of points. Shockwave was not given anywhere near the screentime that he deserved, and he went out with a whimper. Also, Carly was nothing more than a clone of Mikaela, eye candy, nothing else.
    But everything else was great. I was very awestruck with Leonard Nemoy's voicing of Sentinel Prime (it's hard not to be when you have one of the true all time greats of acting taking part,) hearing Laserbeak speak for the first time was well worth it, but the best scene was easily the Chicago battle, especially the free for all between Sentinel, Optimus, and Megatron. How ironic. Chicago lost out on the Olympic Games, they instead get the Decepticons. Instead of the Olympic flame, they get Megatron. And who doesn't love the return of the Autobots after they had supposedly perished in the shuttle explosion? That was a great twist, having the Autobots fake their exit from Earth in order to come to the rescue.

Loved the Wreckers in the all too brief time they were on screen. And I loved the Mexican standoff between Ironhide, Sideswipe and the Dreads. Really, all the fights were great.

Overall, on a scale of 5, I give it 4. Great movie that could have been even better.

12. The Crooked Man

The Crooked Man Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  13. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Wow, this movie was absolutely amazing!!!

14. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

She was a curator? WTF? How did you figure that out? I mean the pictures of her with him in the baseball cap and pants and the stuff there was in the dialogue seemed to indicate something of a mechanical nature in her background. I suppose however it would make more sense for her to be a Curator of something after having been employed at the White House for... Whatever it was she did there. Secretarial Pool?

You're right that they are meant to be enjoyed again and again and again, but even I feel that something as important as her character and its motivations should be handled better than what we got. I DON'T LIKE Carly, I can't put my finger on why, it is as elusive as a wisp of hair of the wind, but her character in this film is too... Bland. Even when she's arguing with Sam over his needs to be involved with the Autobots because of her fears concerning her dead military brother and a repeat of those horrible events happening with Sam she doesn't get angry enough. Or upset enough with him, she just childishly tears off the foot of a stuffed rabbit and takes off inside Soundwave's hidden car form.

Carly is a Prop in this movie and nothing else, she is only there to motivate Sam into action when he goes running off to Chicago with Epps and the team. (And I just realized I think I misspelled it as Chigago in one of my earlier posts, DERP!, lol) By the way, was Epps big burly buddy meant to be Roadblock of GIJoe fame? He certainly looked like a Roadblock, and I liked his characterisation. If he were to be in the next GIJoe movie as Roadblock I think he'd fit the bill quite nicely, if his character is somewhat similar to this nameless NEST friend's of Epps.

Too long? It's two and a half hours isn't it? Roughly similar in length to a Lord of the Rings movie. Audiences today, sheesh. Just split it up into two movies, follow the Hollywood trend with films like Harry Potter and the Twilight Saga or PotC 2&3. UGH. That practice only works when there is enough in the story for both films to stand well enough on their own and compliment each other nicely, otherwise you'd have one movie with all the comedy stuff about Sam trying to find a job at the beginning and the deaths of some characters, and then you'd have just a movie with downtown guerilla warfare and alien invasions of Chicago.

Nothing in this movies storyline would lend it well to a two-film split, NOTHING, the plot isn't strong enough to sustain such an endeavor. Beacuse, when all is said and done, it's just a bunch of elements from the G1 cartoon re-imaginied in a darker and more realistic setting of the Live Action Movieverse.

If your office buddies thought it was too long, well try showing this at a DVD/BR party when it comes out in two parts and see how fast their like for it turns into utter hatred and loathing. It's meant to be enjoyed as it is, it is a perfect length. You want to see something that's too long... What was that film that felt too long I saw in recent years? Possibly one of the Comic Book films? Thor, Hulk? Where it kept seeming to be ending and then just when you thought it was going to end it would cut to one more scene and then just one more scene before finalyl ending? URGH, I can't recall which one it was for the life of me, but I know it was a recent film.

Slag It.

Dark of the Moon was a perfectly suitable length, and admittedly if they had to trim anything more from it I would have gone with Malkovitch's character and the Sam hunting for a Job stuff, I was feeling really tired by the end of the damn movie and I blame it on the pacing of those scenes. No wait, forget what I just said, I was feeling really tired at the end of the movie because of all the emotional fallout of seeing my favorite Decepticons fall one by one, I have always enjoyed the Decepticons as a whole and to see such beloved characters as Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave die so effortlessly, not to mention Barricade and a hoarde of nameless drones, it was starting to get to me.

15. lodestar21

lodestar21 Active Member

I just saw the movie in 3D today. I spoiled myself rotten for this movie so some scenes didn't make much of an impact on me. What caught my attention though was the battle scenes near the end. Humans were killed and still getting killed and Sam had sheer balls to run in there. If that was me I'd be shitting myself or dying of a heart attack. The scene that hit me the most was when Optimus took down Sentinel and Megatron. After taking them both down he just stood there silently with one arm, to me he looked like he was covered in blood. The realization sent chills down my spine.

I'll need to see this movie again.

16. Jericho

News Credits:
    He said as much in the scene when Sam shows up. I don't believe he called her an actual curator but it was implied enough.

Roadblock in the new GI Joe debacle is the artist formerly known as The Rock

17. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Quite the contribution to the discussion.

18. Autobrand

Autobrand Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I remember correctly, Dylan flat out stated she was hired to curate his car collection. He said everything was falling apart until she was hired to curate.

19. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    See, I'm thinking Mikaela was originally meant to have a career as the mechanic restoring the cars. When they had to switch the character, they simply switched it to curator which reflected Carly's more refined nature better. The pictures on the wall were from most likely from car shows and what not where she dressed to match as a team thing.

That is what makes judging Carly's presence kinda tricky, the part was written for Megan.

20. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

A shame, the actor in this film playing the 'Roadblock' esque character looks much more fitting as a Roadblock than The Rock does.

As for the Curator thing, implied? I don't think so, all he said was his collection would be lost without her, or something to that effect, and seeing as how it was a bunch of classic cars and one of a kind rare automobiles, coupled with the pictures of her in that casual looking cap and tight pants, I got Mechanic out of it. Sorry Micheal Bay if she was meant to be anything else I'm afraid you failed miserably at getting that across to this audience member.