The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. The Crooked Man

The Crooked Man Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone told me that there were contributors here that would quickly resort to ad hominem attacks. I told that person they were a dumb, fat idiot.

2. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    That scene was so awesome! Just watching the betrayal... he didn't stand a chance. And then Sentinel shot at 'Bee.

I'm so glad I bought Ironhide's toy before going to the cinema. I only just opened his today and he's awesome.

3. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

Shockwave's character served exactly one purpose: to serve as a red herring and draw the public's attention away from the real villain of the film. With that in mind, he did what he was supposed to do.

While his role could have been anybody's, I'm sure they chose Shockwave because he was a fan favorite.

4. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know, and it can be funny but things do drag on. No big deal, it doesn't make the movie and worse or better for me, I still enjoyed it.

RV = Recreational Vehicle, what Sam's parents were in.

Some of ya'll just need to stop making sense ;) 

5. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh! I see now. Yeah well, I agree it was strange. You go to tell your parents: "DAMN LEAVE THE TOWN ALREADY!" but Judy begins to talk about She Comes First. I still laughed at it though : P

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    Sam's parents sure seem like RV people, it's a perfect fit for them. I grew up in northern Minnesota and you'd see all kinds of empty nest middle-aged couples! :lol 

7. NuttyMcClutty

NuttyMcClutty Active Member

That is the exact same thing i was thinking... i actually liked the twins in the second movie... they were the only ones that made the movie a little better because of their cheesy comedy. it was soo cheesy i couldn't help but to laugh. if they were in this movie and died, the ironhide scene would made me feel more sympathy like i felt when q died. when q was going to die he was really begging for mercy and bumblebee and q seemed very close and when bee said "goodbye old friend" i felt really bad. The ironhide scene, no one helped him everyone just left the scene. it felt empty

8. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's kinda cool that you mention that...perhaps the honeycomb pattern that was made from those beams and struts, was the frame of cybertron.

The war for cybertron could of been so gnarly (like they always mention in comics and cartoons) that it literally was destroying the planet. So maybe it once looked like the cybertron we once knew, but it was rocked to it's core (literally) and only the skeleton and bare boned frame remained.

But it doesn't matter...bumblebee destroyed his home planet haha

9. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparently they were in the novel and Sentinel kills them. Personally I would have had them get obliterated by Shockwave either in Russia or Chicago. One blast rips through Skids and Mudflap running directly behind him. I'd be okay with that.

10. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Say what you will about Sam's parents, but that line from Judy about "Unless you have a huge..." Cracked me up.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Nah, it always seems more like

-People are pre-programmed to hate Michael Bay movies.

-People don't take a second and try to make sense of things.

-People don't pay attention.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Try to make sense of the things and you'll actualy see how it's so badly developed, there's a difference with analysis and trying to make up excuses for a movie you didn't even get money out of.

- If that was true then it's the fault of a director who can't do editing or pacing for shit really, Bay should stick to editing his trailers and letting somebody else with more discipline do the rest.

13. DarthP00P00

DarthP00P00 Autobot

This movie was really good. Its buttloads better then ROTF, though there still were some things I didnt like.

1.) Shockwave was pathetic... Im sorry, he really was. He said optimus name once, growled a few times, got shot a million times by a bunch of puny humans... and died. I was expecting some backstory for him but... i guess not. Waste of screen time.

2.) Sentinel Prime was a better badguy then Megatron. He seemed...lazy almost. When carly was talking to him... what was he doing?... is megs just sitting on the sidewalk doing nothing?

3.) killed Ironhide...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! *tears*

4.) Brains... *sigh* honestly I liked the tarded-twins better then those two silly bots.

5.) The final battle was interesting. Sentinel was kicking Optimus's ass... then Megs kicks Sentenel's ass... then Optimus (who can't beat Sentinel) kills Megs in 10secs... with one arm... hmmmm...

Don't get me wrong the movie was great. I still feel like the 1st will always be my fav.

14. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

Not really, they didnt show him enough that I had forgotten he was around towards the end of the movie

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Something that bothered me was why in the hell did Starscream jump around like a **** when Sam got him in the eye? He could've just stood there and snipped or pulled the thing off. Freak.

16. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    He was probably freaking out in pain, not realizing that Sam was connected.

17. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    I LOVED IT! However, I'm going to have to see it again at least another couple of times to catch everything that was missed the first time.

Especially seeing it in IMAX, the 3D was sooooo distracting. Who knows what one could miss while being hypnotized by some of the simplest floating debris in some scenes.

I found it particularly hilarious when a chunk of fiery debris from the ark crash looked like it hit a tall dude sitting in the crowd right up side his head. It was FREAKY!

For the record, it was my first 3D experience since Friday The 13th part 3! So...I guess it's improved a little since then. Fuck that...that shit is like being in another world!

The movie itself, like I said, great...but still so much left to take in! Looking forward to seeing it again.

One of my favorite characters oddly enough was Mearing. She was a total bitch, but there was just something about her I totally loved. I thought her and Sam played off of each other very nicely. Not to mention, she was great with Simmons as well. Really love how Simmons handled her...of course they had a history.

The scene with BB transforming from car mode, Sam flying through the air then BB catches him, transforms back into car with Sam screaming was a great scene. Only thing, too many times where Sam is falling/flying where BB catches him to save the day. Once was enough...all that flying around like he did would have seriously fucked him up! Especially being thrashed around by Starscream.

I was a little miffed though, one second BB is catching Sam and Lennox, the next second he's in a group of captured autobots. We needed a little something in there showing how they ended up that way. Perhaps it was a cut scene? One can hope we get that on the DVD. I think Soundwave disabled them with his sonic weapons in the book, but even then it happened really fast.

The only real problem, one which I think could have alleviated the story problems in the last 2 movies would have been better scene transition. Make the transition from scene to scene a little less herky jerky and it would have been fine.

Mixed reactions on Sentinel I know, but I enjoyed the twist. I knew had a feeling there was going to be an Autobot traitor in this movie for a long time, I didn't think it would be that. I liked it though. There really is no room for 2 Primes, and no Decepticon or group of them do I think could have taken Sentinel down so it was going to have to be Optimus.

I just wish the twins were in it. I really do. Their deaths in the book were incredibly epic! Ironhide's death was the initial shocker, but the twins went out in heroic style. Shame we couldn't see it.

The entire part where Sentinel turns on the Autobots and takes back the pillars was one part really cut down from the book...I wish that scene had played out a little bit more like the book seeing it was such a turning point in the story.

It's been a day and my brain is still trying to catch up to it all! That's why many critics don't like the movies, but it's why I love them! They make you watch them more than once...you have to!

Still finding new things all the time when watching the first 2, I'm going to be picking out new things in DOTM for the next 10 frickin years!!!

18. Knaranek

Knaranek The Barbeardian

News Credits:
    I really liked the movie but there were a couple of things that I wish they would have done better and/or at all. The first is the twins, they serve in ROTF but we hear nothing about them at all, it is like they just disappeared. Second the scene where Ironhide gets killed was kinda sad and kinda bland just nothing after he gets shot. I know they were all running for their lives and the focus quickly was on BB then back to SP destroying everything but I still think Prime would have said something about Ironhide's death like he did with Jazz in the first movie. And the last battle with SP and Prime was a bit odd, but I do understand why Prime goes after Megs after he requests a truce. Megs states he wants to be leader and Prime would not be who he is now without him. So I kinda understand that. All and all I really like the movie and will have to see it again.

19. Hosta

Hosta Banned

i agree that Shockwave was just a throwaway character in this movie + we never got 2 C his alt mode. It would have been better if the dinobots were in it and had fought Shockwave, as they did in the comics and cartoon! Also what was the point of Bay changing the look of Cybertron from the 1st film to this lattice honeycombed one? and anyone notice any moon or debris orbiting Cybertron? i'm not saying there was, just wanted 2 know in case anyone had spotted a Unicron Head sized object there! Oh and we never saw how the Ark got from Cybertron after it was shot, to ending up on the moon.

20. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    Things I loved:
    Plenty of robot fighting action.
    Wheelie's commentary had me in tears. "Have fun working at 7/11 dickhead!"
    I loved the wreckers. The Scottish accents suited them well.
    However I can't take Leadfoot seriously anymore with his jiggling gut. xP
    Optimus' overall badassery. Loved that even a great leader fighting for peace has a breaking point.
    Sideswipe had alot more screen time than in ROTF.
    Prime's Trailer's base mode FTW!
    And the fact that human were actually showed being killed. Loved it when that one decepticon in Chicago shot a human and you could see his/her skull rolling away.

Things I didn't like:
    They killed Ironhide!!!!!!! :( 
    Shockwave was such a badass in the game, yet in the movie he did little. I liked his voice though. Very terrifying.
    I felt the fight between Sentinel and OP was one sided in Sentinel's favor. Like the final fight in TF1. Granted even if Sentinel had more experience than OP, I was expecting OP to destroy Sentinel, then Megs would've tried to continue the plan, then him and OP have one last brutal fight to the death. I mean c'mon! It's the last movie, we need a big long megatron and OP fight.

But all in all, I enjoyed it alot. Was kinda sad for it to be the last one.