The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. The Crooked Man

The Crooked Man Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shockwave: "Aieee! Parachutes!"

2. MNsor

MNsor Well-Known Member

hahahahahahhaha

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    :lolol 

4. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Filling in the details with conversations explaining why we're here happens in every movie. What is so wrong with having a scene where Sentinel explains to Optimus why he did what he did? That doesn't mean it's a shitty story being told.

they had to explain why a train showed up in Inception, does that make it anymore of a boring and wasteful movie?

5. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Again, they have Space Bridges and can transport whole planets. What the heck makes you think they don't have tech to make Cybertron defy the rules of gravity?

6. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    I feel there needs to be some love for Brains. I thought he was great. He wasn't stupid like the twins, but he was actually witty. Him and Wheelie were a great team up and I loved how they went out.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait wait wait, I thought you didn't like added chatter and deeper character exposure? Come on, let's blow some stuff up in the backyard! :D 

8. The Crooked Man

News Credits:
    Sentinel: "We must repair Cybertron. I will create a teleportation device to send our world across the galaxy where this other thing I will make will allow it to safely orbit another planet and --"

Megatron: "Why don't you just make something that will fix Cybertron instead?"

Sentinel: "Uh..."

9. MNsor

MNsor Well-Known Member

Sentinel's mission isn't the only point under discussion. Anyway, no, I don't think discussing details or making conjectures is silly. Not at all! And yes, it happens with every movie....
    But when so many things don't fall into place and fans and viewers have to do the share of work the director and authors should have done, well...something's wrong IMHO.
    If you liked the movie that's fantastic. I had some fun myself, though I can't call it a good movie...

10. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Woooooooooaaah!!!!!

Good morning to everyone! Excellent morning!!! *air guitar* What? I have the right to enjoy the movie even with its flaws, plot holes and everything, right? And let's face it, it was better than ROTF. XD
    Since the title already says SPOILERS i wont measure my words ^^

-The whole intro was amazing!!! First of anything i gotta say that i went with a tf fan friend and its so much better than seeing with regular friends, we were allowed to catch all the g1 references and do all sort of silly comments. XD Anyway, yes, intro scene! This took me back to "Star Wars: Episode III" but IN CYBERTRON!!! I just thought we would see a tiny glimpse but we get full war scene on the planet and even the Ark launch!! HELLOOOOOOO G1!!! XD But yeh, landing on the moon is more like Armada. :p  I gotta say, i was shacking during that scene and the whole Apolo 11 scene too. ^^'
    Then yes, we meet Carly, her boss, dads show up again. About those 2, i still like them, its good to see they are less horny and dumb than in ROTF. XD But yeh, they are still funny. ^^
    Moving to Sentinel: *taking a deep breath* I LOVE HIM!!! Yes, even as the big ass traitor he is!!! I just love everything about him. Since he wakes up when he is in shock, that scene with both Primes together and the passing of the Matrix. HO! I wouldnt imagine what would happen if Sentinel took the Matrix back. ;)  Then, you know, when the whole thing goes unravel and he reveal himself and goes berserk!! Poor Ironhide!!! T___T Can you guys answer me this: why Ironhide melt? I mean, bots were shot before but never melt. O.O Some sort of Cosmic Rust base weapon? O.O
    Leonard Nimoy makes a great job giving his voice to Sentinel. My god! He even said: "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" to justify bringing Cybertron to Earth and slave mankind!! How awesome is that!!!!!
    Then the final battle between him and Prime was epic is so many levels. T///////////////////T I am just glad MEgatron didnt turn good, that would suck, he just fall for his own jealousy and ego. ^^
    Oh, oh! Can i ask something else? What the heck was that arachnic walking drone?!?! O.O I need one of those like right now! This movie has such nce vehicles for the tfs, even the "one bot jets". T///T Those were gorgeous. And they did reminded me a bit to the drones from "Battle: Los Angeles".
    Shockwave!!! Dude, what the heck?!? T.T They promote him as the main villain of this movie and he is just another super powered soldier only. :S But that doesnt mean i didnt enjoy seeing every second of him. He was one tough MoFo. ;)  Digger was great to see as well. I love his theme. Bah, i love every theme of the song, Jablonsky did it again. You rock, Steve!!! STeve!!! XD
    No, this movie is too much for me to handle now. XD Besides, i do have to log out for personal reasons. :p  But i will post more later and read other users comments as well. Bye, guys!!

11. Jericho

News Credits:
    Dialog to explain what's going on (which is the point of dialog) is welcome. Useless scenes like those in bathrooms, RVs, job hunting or robots standing around shooting the shit to make people happy; pass.

character exposure is reserved for those who need it, not background filler.

12. Jericho

News Credits:
    Hey, to each his own. Plenty of movies that were a waste of my time (tdk, inception, avatarded I'm looking at you) that people will defend to the death. So be it :) 

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love how every movie it's always the same aftermatch:

-People noticing deep terrible flaws in the movie because Bay is Bay

- People trying to justify those flaws with overblown fan theories

- "WHERE IS LEADER CLASS BLACKOUT"
    Or should it be Leader Class Walker-Hellspawn-Decepticon-Thing this time?

14. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really loved the Brains and Wheelie duo. They worked well together. I seriously want Hasbro to make toys of them to their actual movie scale. I would buy them in a split second!

15. Nightmare966

News Credits:
    Trust me, it was necessary. A little of comic relief and also a way to link Dylan, the Decepticons, and Sam with the Autobots.

16. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Leader Hobo Megatron of GTFO!

But seriously considering how little screen time both Megatron and Shockwave got I'm no longer surprised why there are no leader class figures planed...

17. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Exactly. In a way I love and hate movie Megatron. He's a story about a sad loss of power and his inevitable downfall. But I wish he was portrayed stronger. Hasn't Trasnformers mostly been about Optimus vs Megatron? Yet a newer threat is coming up. I can understand that Megatron is low on energon as opposed to Sentinel but then can you imagine how Megatron just owned Sentinel? And in Megatron's defence he got surprised by Optimus.

18. Jericho

News Credits:
    The length of the scenes wasn't necessary. Yes we had to get the documents to Sam and I'd rather laugh at Shia then see him try to be serious, but it was a minute or so too long.

The RV scene was useless though.

19. The Crooked Man

News Credits:
    Remember when they were advertising Dark of the Moon with SHOCKWAVE and all we saw was Dark of the Moon (P.S. that one guy was SHOCKWAVE).

Shockwave: "Parachutes! Anything but parachutes!"

20. Nightmare966

News Credits:
    So you're trying to be an idiot all along just because Bay was trying to protect the biggest plot twist of the film?

But the general audience has a good laugh and thus relaxes a little. It's called Transformers, yes, but it still goes directed to a big number of people that will probably never watched Transformers.

What is the RV scene, by the way? I don't know what RV means...