The "I have seen DOTM" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 25, 2011.

1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    is it me, or did dylan's death look EXTREMELY Fake?

2. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Went to see it with my wife tonight. Great experience, I was shocked when Ironhide was shot in the back though. Since then it was like a roller coaster.

3. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

Some are just saying that the Fallen's plan was a back-up plan since he never heard from Sentinel again. But considering Megatron was frozen and then dead for good portions of the time leading up to ROTF, it would really have been hard for him to realistically get any signal from Sentinel.

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Since Takara have made a Pink Bike does that mean the bike in the Convoy of vehicles was Arcee ? - what colour was it ?

To be honest I'm still not sure which Bike-sister was Destroyed which one was wounded and which one didn't get shot. all I can remember is one getting shot around the time Sam finds the Insecticon.

Speaking of Mult-legged critters does Sam's Watch look anything like a Chrono-bot Scorpion ?

5. ThomasMaximus2

ThomasMaximus2 Well-Known Member

When Sentinel turned on the autobots I was shocked. Also Rip to ironhide who died both in 86 and now again in 2011. Pretty good movie I saw it in 3D but it seemed to much was going on and my eyes couldnt focus...It was really long to I had to pee twice lol but it was pretty awesome. I am going to see it in 2d next time tho. Also when bb was about to get shot I liked how the whole movie climaxed and then began the action ,really smart on bays half so kudos to him. Rosie was gorgeous on a side note but I was hoping some more autobots would die...didn't really like the wreckers especially the chubby red one

6. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

News Credits:
    I too liked Wheelie and brains, a lot. I presume they died at the end, when they crashed the Decepticon ship.

I'll also say this: I thought that Rosie did a very good job, I enjoyed her performance.

7. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    my only compliant is why shocky didnt kill anything? and why did he suffer from universe ironhide syndrome?

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Look out kiddies if you don't eat your greens Pink Bumblebeak will get you!

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Just back from seeing it in 3D. Packed house, TONS of kids around me, I'd say ranging from 4 - 6 years of age, maybe some as old as 8.

I thought Laserbeak was one of the best parts of the movie. Also enjoyed Soundwave's limited screen time, he was quite the bastard. I enjoyed Starscream mocking and taunting Sam as he chased him - that was so vintage Starscream. The Wreckers were fun, and I found Dino to be surprisingly cool - I was ready to see him as Mirage, but Dino works for me. I'll have to admit I did get some chuckles out of Wheelie and Brain. The concept of the plot was very cool (though I knew it already from reading the novel). The battle with the Dreads was pretty cool too, to include the Mexican standoff - nice seeing Sideswipe get a little exposure.

It felt like the movie was moving very quickly from scene to scene - I was able to sort of keep myself locked in having read the book, but I have to wonder if other folks who hadn't were having problems keeping up. Megatron - others have voiced their opinions on his lack of screen time, I agree. You'd think he'd be more prominent, seeing as how this is HIS Master Plan coming to fruition - and I had to ask myself, does Carly have giant brass Devastator balls just to walk up to Megatron and start talking smack? You'd think if any normal person just happened to see the Decepticon tyrant, they'd turn and run the other way on the off chance he might just decide to blast them to ashes... And I don't remember seeing Carly see Megatron being put in his place by Sentinel, so how would she know how to push that button? I'd complain about the lack of a fusion cannon, but why bother? Would have liked to see more of Shockwave - feels like we barely knew him (knew it was Welker voicing him when Shockwave said "Optimus!").

When Ironhide met his destiny - it happened so fast, it barely registered on me (the little boy next to me was quite upset, however - apparently, Ironhide was his favorite). I thought I might have been a little upset over Starscream's fate, but ... nothing. Certainly not as shocking as when I saw Screamer get blasted into ash by Galvatron the first time.

And movie Prime - yeah, I understand he's the Dirty Harry of Optimus Primes, but it's still so jarring to see him take out Sentinel execution style.

I think it's definitely a movie that kids will enjoy - I'll take my daughter to see it, I'm sure she'll like it. Myself, I really didn't think it was that great - there some some parts to it I definitely enjoyed (Laserbeak still stands out, glad I found one of his toys the other day) but when I walked out of the theater, I felt like I did after watching Pirates 4 instead feeling like I did after seeing Kung Fu Panda 2. Hopefully, on the second go around, I'll find more to enjoy.

10. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

I suppose that makes sense - even with The Fallen being trapped aboard the Nemesis (in his sarcophogus and/or on life support), he sort of stayed in contact with Megatron for some time, and of course the Decepticons' focus on obtaining the Matrix was to activate the star harvester. And although Megatron guessed early in the battle in Egypt that the Matrix could possibly revive Optimus, it seemed only after those events that he realized it could be used to bring back Sentinel.

But understandably, the Cons still made preparations should Sentinel manage to return: manipulating the Space Race to guard the Ark as best they could, secretly enlisting some humans to their cause, gathering the space bridge pillars in their possession.

11. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

This lil 10 year old was CRYING HIS ASS OFF when SP fought optimus, kid thot optimus was gonna die lol

12. FMA1987

FMA1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did anyone notice that when laserbeak was the copier and the guy kept opening and shutting him he was playing the g1 song

13. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

I noticed that - quite a clever inclusion of the theme. And also, despite what that Double A Paper commercial said (as in, having the "good paper"), Laserbeak still transformed and attacked. : D

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Apologies in advance but Sam's Mom is a sore spot with me so I'll have to engage Inter-net-rage-mode for a moment.... to protect the sensibilities of the young i'll add spoiler tags over some of what I say ....

I guess he just likes people who con their son into thinking they are getting a Porsche and are perfectly happy to get him to sell his family history on E-bay yet drives around in a vintage Austin car that's worth over $50,000 and lives in a House worth well over half a Million Dollars..

Or People who like to embarass their son to an Olympian degree and who like to get high and talk about anal sex in a public place. (in a kids movie to boot) - No they don't lower the tone at all. I totally Respect Middle aged woman who inquire to their adult sons about how big their dick is or ask their Husband to do them backdoor style in front of their son.

And i'd not have bought Sam a Porsche either mind. unless it was a falling apart 928 or 924 and he was expected to spend $30,000 of his own money for years to come fixing it so it would run with out breaking down every five minutes like a typical TVR or an Alpha Romeo..

However taken in Context Sam's a whiny weasel who's prepared to sell the World and the Autobots down the river for his own convenience on more than one occasion so it's only logical his parent are obnoxious jerks too (especially the Mother). Oh and maybe they left her in so people wouldn't notice how odd looking Rosie actually is - thus they show her backside more than her face too.

Rage mode off.

15. Optimus423

Optimus423 Toys"R"Us & Target veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Did anyone else notice in the scene in South Africa where Megatron, Starscream, and Soundwave meet up that a little hunchback Decepticon thing was walking around with a cane shaped thing? Kremzeek reference or was it just me?

16. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Yeah, that was Igor. He barely beat out Carly for "Most Pointless Character Ever".

17. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

I wasn't surprised at ALL by Sentinels betrayal! I mean he was the precursor leader to the "Bots and "Cons! Prime and Megs SHAPED Those Factions! So Sentinel predates Optimus's ideals for the Autobots, and besides he was the creator of the space bridge tech As far as we know MOST of the autobot forces were already on earth so why would the need someone with spacebridge tech NOW?!

18. MikeDiaz

MikeDiaz Well-Known Member

I was waiting for him to disintegrate or explode. All he did was get electrocuted and fall :thumbdown 

19. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

Yeah I was thinking cosmic rust as well.

20. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got back...Jeeeeesh....I WAAAAAAAAAAAY over hyped this one for myself..

Pretty underwhelmed...CGI...3D...2nd to none..THAT was impressive.

I could type paragraph after paragraph of what I thought was just poor story telling..but ill settle for saying..VERY UNDERWHELMED. Sure, there were cool spots...but still very underwhelmed