The "I don't have enough minicons" thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by cappeca, Aug 15, 2008.

1. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

[​IMG]

I certainly don't. Missing a few boosters, most of japanese exclusives and x-dimension, and a few that came with Armada repainted toys.

[​IMG]

Do you guys have enough?

2. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Not until a mini galvatron is made, and mini cyclonus and scourge. Need them for 'moderate' scale to unicron. Just like a mini Kup, Arcee, and Hot Rod would rock too.

Betamax in the nemesis colors is awesome too when attached to Primus. As would be a Autobot fleet starsaber team (Make the big shuttle one the ark as a retool. and you even have a potential legends Animated Omega Supreme! Besides the G1 Ark to launch off Primus.)

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    considering i have all the mainline ones from: armada, energon, cybertron, classics (yes even the repaint two packs), and about half the x-dimensions...yeah I have enough, especially since they are all in a big plastic tub. Call me crazy I think they need to loose the ports if they do anymore minicons, there is no point in having backwards compatibility to a line that hasnt been on shelves for years.

4. Deadend

News Credits:
    I like the ports because of the planetformers.

At least for the likes of spaceships, Galvatron, and Cyclonus, the ports come in handy. For the rest I may agree, but eh, that's what energon was created for. Weapons to attach minicon ports to. They repaint enough that have it, it can stay for now. But personally I lean only for bots that can fit in scale next to the planet formers.

That, and if a fan group makes minicon gestalt equip pieces. So they combine via their pegs into whoever. =D

5. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    dont have enough until you got em all!

6. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    Now that I think of it how awesome would it be to have a three pack of minicons as the basic price point for Universe. They could focus on late g1 toys that dont fit the "realistic" designs for the larger toys.

"Movie Villians"
    Glavatron, cyclonus, scourge
    "Movie Heroes"
    Hotrod, kup, blur
    "Headmasters"
    Chrome dome, hard head, Brainstorm
    "Road Kings"
    The three brain masters from victory

that would kick ass

7. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm up to 351 and still want more!

8. newguy

newguy i

since it ends with cons doesn't that mean they are mini decepticons? minicons fail at life.

9. Deadend

News Credits:
    They are a seperate race that is neither autobot nor decepticon. Hasbro felt during the name aspect, they had to use Minicon to avoid confusion with minibots, and so on. Minicon's themself are a clear different faction, not a sub faction. Now the legends minicons are slightly different in the regard that they are mostly just smaller versions of various transformers of either side. To allow some of us who like various scales to fit things to for displays or play value to use. It'd make no sense to have Voyager prime fighting Unicron, whereas a mini hotrod, Hound, and BB, would. Not to mention the ships I mentioned before, or nearly all space fairing minicons. They make my collection more awesome. So they don't fail at all. That's epic win baby, EPIC win.

Welcome to 4 years ago.

10. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    Yeah, I beleive hasbro is avoiding using "bot" as much as possible since it has become a general term for robots and they want there factions to be synonimous with transformers

11. Deadend

News Credits:
    Well and these were different than the microbots they did in the 80s a shade, and were smaller than the minibots tehy did in the 80s as well. So if they still have those names it wouldn't fit.

Now for legends, many keep the minicon port, but the line itself is called 'Transformers Universe: Classics Series Legends scale' or something. They don't even call them minicons anywhere on the package. They just have all sorts of win cause of other great aspects. =D

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I keep mine in one of those big plastic jars that originally contained lychee jelly-snack-things from the asian market.

13. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

No pics from you guys?

14. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I've never heard of anyone refer to the Legends Class as Mini-Cons until this thread.

Which ones, and where?

15. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ours are loved, but not well kept. Don't know if anyone wants to see them like this. :redface2: 
    [​IMG]

Minicons, Spychangers and Legends all go to this drawer. (I took most of the Legends out, but as you see, Spychangers are still there.)

16. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm missing 15-20 at most, simply due to losing interest over the last year or so. After tracking down all the Micron Densetsu DVD exclusives and the dozens of convention and store exclusives, I just got burned out and can't stay engaged in keeping up with them anymore. Still, Minicons are (for me) the best 'gimmick' in the history of TFs.

It's funny that Legends class figures are twice the size but have far simpler transformations and less articulation than most of the minicons out there.

17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

That's because Legends aren't mini-cons, they're Legends. Minicons are pretty much identifiable by their small size and mini-con port. Something that can attach to molds as recent as Cybertron. Which personally I like the idea of all mini-cons having that port as it's a way to unify them as something more then just tiny robots.

As for how many I have, we'll it's not nearly enough. I actually keep mine in a Transformers movie collectors cup I got the second time I saw the film in theaters. However it's starting to overflow so all the gestalt mini-cons have to be kept in a different box. :lol 

18. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only have 4 minicons: Overrun, Drill bit (the universe heavy load minicon), Longarm (movie inferno's minicon) and Laserbeak (if he even counts).

Could someone recommend some good targetmaster-esque minicons?

19. Nemesis_Prime22

Nemesis_Prime22 Dark Emperor

I never have enough minicons. :lol 

20. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Old image, I really should do an up to date one.

[​IMG]