The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Rusty24, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Teaser Motion Poster - IGN

A motion poster has just been released. It's also basically the teaser trailer that showed before Twilight. You could still try to find that online like I did, but Lionsgate has been taking them down like crazy. I love how the logo shifts from the one from the first book/film and them changes to the logo for the second book. It doesn't show us anything and it got me hyped.

I have about two chapters left in the first book. I really loved the book. I may be killed for saying this, but in some ways I liked the movie a little more. I can't wait to read the second book next week and I can't wait to see the movie next year.

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I loved all 3 books, I read the 2nd one completely in just a few days. Movie was great too, can't wait for the new one

3. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

The first one was quite an excellent movie no doubt as it took me by surprise and far better than the crappy Twilight movies.

Did the first one reminded anyone of Rollerball, Death Race 2000, TurkeyShoot aka Escape 2000 etc. besides Battle Royale and Running Man?

This one might surpass the first.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Saw the first movie twice in theaters (loved it), read all three books back to back (loved all three), and I bought the 2-disk DVD a couple of weeks ago (love the extras). I'm definitely looking forward to this one, and the two covering Mockingjay. Though given the differences between the first movie and book, I wonder what they're going to keep and what they're going to cut from Catching Fire.

If they stick with the 22nd of November release date, I might actually go to the midnight release...or wait three days to see it on my birthday...or both.

5. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the second one has a lot of great cinematic potential. Hopefully they can pull it off.

6. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

Read the first book and tried to read the second one but I got so bored and stopped. I liked the movie so I will watch this.

7. Rusty24

So what does everyone think the best book in the series is? I've only read the first one, so try not to drop any spoilers when explaining yourself.

I think I will definitely see it on opening day. The release date is two days before my brother's birthday and we'll probably see it for that reason. My brother is a bigger Hunger Games fan than I am. He read all three books in a week, and he doesn't like reading that much.

8. General Lee

General Lee Jazz's General Problem

I always felt like they shouldn't release the movies. It'll just become the new Twilight.

9. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The second book was by far my favorite so hopefully the movie will be great too.

10. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    Can't. Friggin. Wait.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Replace it, in that it will become the next popular movie series. Yeah, I could see that. Though unlike Twilight, Hunger Games actually deserves the popularity and fan-base it'll gain over the next couple of years.

12. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    Hmmm... never read the books, but I did see the first movie and I thought it was good. I look forward to this.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I have no intetion of reading the books but i thought the first movie was good (after comming along my dad and his girlfriend on their date night.)

14. Rusty24

The first Hunger Games movie was my biggest surprise of the year for that reason. I expected Twilight, but I got an intelligent movie with themes of government control, references to ancient Rome and Greek mythology, and uses reality TV in a clever way. The characters were memorable and likable as well. The "love story" was handled well and it wasn't cringeworthy like most of the romance scenes in Twilight.

15. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

After putting off seeing it for the longest time, I finally borrowed the DVD from my sister and actually liked it quite a bit. It's not a cinematic masterpiece by any means but it definitely wasn't Twilight bad. It was a lot darker than I was expecting and there are some fairly good performances from the actors/actresses. I'll watch the 2nd movie when it comes out.

16. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the second book for me takes the series way off the trail I though they were going and I really didn't like it though I like it better than the final book mockingbird

17. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    First movie seemed alot like Battle Royale, didn't enjoy it. Woody Harrison was what made it standable, almost felt like leavin' the theater. Shame on me though, I didn't know what I was getting myself into, it's cool if peeps enjoy it though. i don't see it as complete shit like Twilight.

18. Rusty24

I have nothing against you enjoying Battle Royale more, but I'm so sick of these comparisons. Humans fighting against each other can be traced back as far as the short story "The Most Dangerous Game" and even "The Lottery." I really don't criticize movies for being unoriginal if the they are done well. I only do that if the cliches are executed poorly.

19. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I didn't like Catching Fire that much. It's definately the weakest of the series with the first half being almost a mirror of the first one but then the end half seemed to be more setting up the final book. I liked it, but not as much as the others.

20. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Am I the only one that hates both the books and the movie?