The "How was your day?" thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shockwave9227, Oct 10, 2011.

1. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Ahhhh I had one of those days...

I'm a Primary School Teacher & I'll be taking Lauren's Year 4 class all this week. Yesterday Kieran had one of those feral days & today it was Hayden's turn to go mental. Plus a whole bunch of girls were arguing all day long over virtually nothing. Tomorrow is gonna be a whole-school Walk-a-thon. I'm so looking forward to that... Yeah right...

Atleast the pay more than makes up for it. :) 

2. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    yesterday was really good. Made an electronic flyer and the day went by fast. this morning I got up from bed quite well. Let's see what this day will bring.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still waiting for a zombie apocalypse... *sigh*

4. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

It was pretty good.

For starters:

Went to the doctor. Said I needed to quit drinking, because even though the hemochromatosis is cured, the drinking is gonna kill me because my liver is inflamed with fat. Once the liver fails, everything else fails.
    The heart has some abnormalities, and I should be careful with that.
    Other than that, the fact I don't need phlebotomies anymore was really great news. Doc also hooked me up with various volunteer organizations I could be a part of.

After that I went to see the house we're buying and it's quite simply...spectacular. I can't wait to shoot my photocomic there. There's more areas to play around with. Unfortunately I also discovered that my camera is broken and it no longer takes good pictures... My damn cousin broke it.

So the day's been good so far, until my Ex called me to...well...fight. All we do is fight. We try to be friends, but we just...fight. I'm so mad still... It's been over a year and while we....I can't accept friendship. I wanted something else.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

went hiking and got a view of the city

6. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Same here. Fate of the world or not, I'd be having a blast during a zombie apocalypse. I live just two blocks away from a gun store and can camp on the roof of a school across the street. :D 

7. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's not a gun store for miles from where I live! Anyways, yesterday has been a boring day until I saw the season finale of TF Prime on Youtube. :D 

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Was in the operating theater helping to perform a C-section. Changed back into my regular clothes from my surgical scrubs once the procedure was done, and forgot I left my credit cards in the scrubs' pockets before throwing them down the laundry chute. Had a very interesting hour in the hospital laundry room sifting through piles and piles of blood and feces-stained linen looking for my stuff, which I fortunately managed to recover. Oh happy day. :rolleyes2 

9. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    Woke up late, so I was hiding my head in humility entering my class already 45 minutes in. The afternoon was spent cramming for tomorrow's Chinese test. There's lots of new vocab and grammar this chapter, and I have to write a 500 article/essay as part of it.

But I still managed to go check out the "underground street" (not sure of the official English translation) at Taipei Main Station and found some blind packed EZ united/classics legends size toys. Scored me a Thundercracker!!!! YAY!

Got mildly stressed out by some normal 'racial differentiation' stuff, but a big cold mango milk helped (it all balances out, see).

And now, I'm gonna hit the sack and either watch some Untalkative Bunny before sleep, or some old Captain Star episodes (all on youtube! but not the Bunny).

All in all, I rate this day a 7 out of 10 -- boring with slight flurries of frustration, however a warm front of plastic crack.

10. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

today was pretty good, I installed a circuit for data from CT to London England.

11. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was good until my final class at school where everyone decided to act like monkeys and there was a short fight with two of the opposite gender and the boy just slapped the girl since she was basically asking for it. 85% of the time I hate pre-teens and teenagers (I don't mean any offense to anyone in that age group who's on here and acts more mature)

12. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    New iPhone doesn't ship until Friday now, even though it was a 4, not a 4S.
    Woke up this morning because I caught a mouse in a glue trap and it was screaming like you wouldn't believe.
    Don't get the little vacation I had planned for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
    I have a poem due for chemistry. A poem. For chemistry. WHY?

Shitty day. And now I have a migraine. Wonderful.

13. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Been playing tons of Gears of War 3 today.
    Joined a couple of fellow tfw-members on it, and we had a good time :D 

Currently Im trying to reset my inner sleep-clock.. being high on coffee

14. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Well, it was going to be a good day since my two packages were coming in, but my two brothers were so goddamn lazy that they couldn't even get up to answer the door while I was at work.

15. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Today, I spent the first hour or so of the morning doing the homework I was supposed to have finished yesterday. Then I slept for about four hours. This was too much, as I had to take a shower, eat breakfast, and get in my school uniform in five minutes. Through sorcery, I managed to do it in fifteen, and I still managed to make it to Drama with minutes to spare. I spent those spare minutes quoting The Room with my friends. Turns out we had a pop quiz. In drama. So then I went to Spanish. Turns out we had a quiz. That was actually announced, but it completely flew over my head. I was the only one to finish. Then I had some other classes in which nothing spectacular happened. Went to Environmental Club and Music Appreciation Club, was an idiot with my idiot friends, and went to Chemistry. I had to present a project that I put zero effort into. In this project, I was supposed to make a super hero, so I just kinda wrote up a Powerpoint and decided to wing it. But, it turns out, when I got called up, there were already cheers, so fate was in my favor. I got the usual amount of comments talking about how great my voice apparently is, and everyone seemed to walk out of class pleased. Cool. PSAT tomorrow, putting no effort into studying, and everything will be magic.

16. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I suddenly don't hate my most of my school anymore.
    Anyway, the day went well untill I found out that my schools Tech Department wouldn't let us use a projector for our anime club game day. It's the same Tech Department that doesn't respond to my teachers emails, gives us crap computers and is probably going to read this post tommorow in the morning with their special software.

17. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    Well, I was a little late for school. I fell asleep after Peacock woke me the fuck up. Thank God someone graced me with a Facebook notification...
    I got a migraine today, actually. We bruthas. Made school SUCK.
    Chick I was making an attempt to befriend today was absent. Minor set back.
    Friend exploded two McDonald's coffee creamer things on my new coat.
    Friend spit energy drink from a balcony, and it landed on my head. Need to shower again...
    Got the cops called on us. We were just yelling and running around meanstreet. They brought the whole gang. Didn't get in too much trouble, thankfully.
    And now I got math to do.
    All in all, not exactly my day.

18. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    It just doesn't pay to get out of bed. With a tooth hurting and been fighting a cold for 5 days now TOTALLY SUCKS. Then my air conditioner I find out tonight is leaking water from somewhere so now I have to get the manager involved into looking into this. Man I am soooooooooo ticked off I have no idea what I am about to do anymore. Heard my mother bitch me out over advice on a dentist cause shes stressed,....hell I am stressed cause I am sick and have a tooth hurting and bad head acke to go with it. Man I am so tired of always being the dicision maker when I have a woman that SHOULD help me make those but well she don't cause she has other plans it seems.

19. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So... I take it your woman = your mother?

20. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gone because someone had their cat declawed. Grr.

Well, mine has gone from good to bad to worse. I do now have to give evidence. :banghead: