The Hasbro Pulse New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razerwire, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Anyone have those single-use 15% off coupon codes? Seems like HTS isn't doing free shipping on regular items.

2. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, You got really got the same Devastator that is being found at TRU but with chrome purple in a snazzy box. Not worth the mark up.

3. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure they're all expired unless there's a new batch I haven't heard about.

4. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    family2015 still works for 10% regular items. It about cancels shipping.

5. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, that was easy. One SDCC Devastator ordered.

The shipping charge doesn't increase the final cost all that much. For Hawaii it's an automatic shipping fee of $20 (found it out last time when I qualified for "free shipping"). I just hope that $30 plus for shipping is enough for peace of of mind. Packages are notorious for getting beat up before they get to me here in Hawaii.

6. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Has likely offended u. Sorry!

I suppose you're right, but I feel like most of those are just repaints. I'd rather they sold the tanks and jets separately, as those jets are ridiculously large. I have no space for them, but I love me some Hiss tanks! :D 

Anyway, your post led me to a blog that mentioned a PYTHONA figure from the Joe Club next year??? :D  Of course, leave it to Hasbro/FunPub to release the Cobra-la members separately, and at premiums. An SDCC Cobra-la team would sell a lot faster than the jet/tank repaint. :D  But I bet it'd require new molds and would thus not be as cost effective as re-re-re-re-releasing another version of the Jet and Hiss tank! :lol 

7. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All three SDCC Transformers items are still listed for sale. Either they learned from past years and upped their stock, or fewer people want these.
    I remember last year, even the Kreon set was gone within hours.

8. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was it only this year that they officially announced that TF Kre-os wouldn't be a US thing anymore? That's gotta dampend excitement.

Given that Metroplex sold they must have thought they could the same thing for Devastator and get away with it. I have to believe that it's the Takara Devi effect (plus maybe Hercules and Giant).

Combiner Hunters is less weird and pricey then Knights of Unicron. I'm sure it'll sell out better then that set by far.

9. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last year the Kreon set did go quickly, but the other TF exclusives were up for weeks before they were pulled. They never sold out.

10. Type X

Type X @DeadStockNYC

Ebay:
    Totally worth it imo
    Diff head, stickers, chrome is only $20 over tru retail

11. lotus

lotus Plastic-crack-addict

News Credits:
    Toys R Us online raised price from 159.99 to 169.99. So I agree its worth it if you can get him on HTS. I understand some people dont like the Chrome on Drum of Mixmaster. I'm waiting for someone to do the process of removing the Chrome from Mixmaster's drum to reveal Purple base like they did with Jetfire.

12. Type X

Type X @DeadStockNYC

Ebay:

I ended up paying $136 OTD for TRU dev
    My two TRU's are the only in the us that had a price error of $185.99 retail lol
    Called and flipped on cs agent and they put me in contact with district manager

13. lotus

lotus Plastic-crack-addict

News Credits:
    I got my Retail Devy for 109 OTD, by using 20% off coupon and the Slick deal the other day for 20% off 50.00 gift cards through Ebay giftcard mall. So my local TRU had 159.99 on the shelf sticker plus tax minus 40% off after paying with the 20% off Gift cards.

I guess the point the other poster was making was the fact that if you want the SDCC version and can get him from HTS while they have him in stock for 179.99 plus tax and Shipping is not too far off from TRU price which now at TRU.com has been raised from 159.99 to 169.99.

The only thing I dont like about the SDCC version is Mixmasters drum which I feel needs to be the traditional flat Purple without the chrome. So I'm wondering if anyone will remove the Chrome from his drum to reveal what is underneath.

14. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    "family2015" didn't work for me but "comic2015" still works. It's the only discount code that does, I believe. The one coupon code (on paper) I did have appears to be expired and didn't work for me.

CW Legends Groove, Rodimus, Skywarp, and Warpath are in stock, FYI for those still looking for them. I canceled my Combiner Hunters 3-pack order over the phone (was quick and painless) and reordered it along with said Legends figures.

15. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Has likely offended u. Sorry!

Did they have a "1 per customer" limit last year??? Seems like a new thing... It's obviously having an effect on the scalping, which is a large factor in these toys selling out. There just aren't as many TF fans as it seems - scalping skews the numbers a lot.
    What makes you say they were pulled and didn't sell out? Were they de-listed after being in stock?
    EDIT: And if that's the case, I wonder what happens to exclusives like these when they don't sell. TJ Maxx? :lol 

16. Slugslinger81

Slugslinger81 Well-Known Member

I've heard (from a former Hasbro employee that now works at my company) that some may end up in the Hasbro store down in pawtucket, RI...but that store is only opened to employees and by special invitation once a year, my wife got an invitation to go to that store this year cuz she teaches in Pawtucket...but we missed out and unfortunately she cannot bring a guest (otherwise I'd pillage the ISH out that mutha lol)

17. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm thinking of the Metroplex year. That stuff went fast.

The Knights set...eh.

18. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Metroplex was a solid alternative over the Hasbro one though and comparable to Takara.

This year, after the Takara unveiling of Devastator plenty of people opted not to bother with any Hasbro release as they found the Takara one superior. That likely has a lot to do with it. The same folks who buy SDCC items are likely the same folks who are savvy enough to go for Takara.

19. Flash1087

Flash1087 Maybe in an Alternate Dimension

Ebay:
    Man, the fact Devastator and the Hunters are still there is blowing my mind. Someone talk me out of buying the Hunters set, I have concert tickets to pay for. :lol 

20. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    No one wants a repainted Arcee.
    Chromia and Windblade are so-so figures and overall not worth the $75 price tag.

These will get discounted in a month.

I am surprised the Devastator is still there, maybe because enough people already have the regular version, and chrome is not enough as a draw anymore.