The Hasbro Pulse New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razerwire, Oct 21, 2008.

1. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    wha! i haven't even got Hot Spot yet and he shipped last week. Apparently it's on a slow boat from the East Coast! :p 

2. Dereka138

Dereka138 Bucket full of Bad Brains

just got my limbs so sick!!!!! Defensor was my first combiner as well and I was grinning ear to ear watching my son play with him

3. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes then got me thinking...

...That this will happen since now everyone knows about it...their sites def going to be bogged down...

4. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Yeah. I think that's because Defensor is the one combiner that got absolutely no characterization in the G1 cartoon. Devastator, Bruticus, Superion, Menasor and Computron all get origin stories and Abominus at least gets prominently featured in the well-remembered "Call of the Primitives," but Defensor just kind of... shows up like "hi, I'm Defensor. I have a cool name and a gallingly out-of-scale (even for Transformers) motorcycle leg. Welp, time to fight Bruticus!"

If the component bots even have spoken lines individually I don't remember any of them.

Which isn't to say I'm hating on Defensor, I love the guy, just pointing to that as the reason he probably gets the least amount of love out of the Scramble City guys. Same reason Prowl is the best-remembered datsun even though his deco is the least interesting of the three.

5. GC Chi

GC Chi New Jersey

When I was a kid, I could only afford to collect one combiner and I choose Defensor.

That makes perfect sense. At the same time, its a testament to Defensor's strong design that he gets any recognition at all.

I also just felt the need to stand up for my bot when posters here were ribbing on him as if he's Combiner equivalent of BB!

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Defensor is to me the absolute high point of Combiner Wars. I don't have Devastator yet so I can't compare, but it'll be hard to knock Defensor off of the top spot.

I always liked Defensor, when I was growing up I was reading the old marvel comic reprints and the story where they fight Bruticus in a videogame was so silly I couldn't help but love it. There was also the season 3 episode where First Aid quits and the rest of the team has to just go on without him. Plus First Aid has been getting a fair bit of love in MTMTE.

7. DarkPrinceofKaon

DarkPrinceofKaon Formaly known as D'POK

Ebay:
    Oh Yeah, Its going to crash harder than a demolition derby in Detroit.

My prediction is that due to the site traffic its going to move like molasses hours BEFORE the figures even go up and inevitably culminate into a insta'crash the moment they do. HTS will then be forced to abort.

They then quickly learn that forcing everyone to guess when the exclusives will be up reduces site traffic enough to allow the site to keep functioning. In a desperate attempt to prevent the same scenario from happening, they instead release the exclusives at random times after the 28th. in affect extending everyone's wait further. In future years they will stick with random site restocks like we have previously seen from many years past.

Lets see if i called it. ;) 

In fact the only thing that could ward off this scenario is if Hasbro has increased the production numbers so high on every exclusive that there is enough to go around and it takes the panic off, thus slowing the rush.

Heck, and if that's the case forget reselling them. That would be the end of an era...maybe that is for the better.

8. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

That's surprising. And disappointing. Not cause I won't get it, but cause Hasbro is missing an opportunity... AGAIN.

I think they want you to buy entire waves - if you have to buy the entire wave for a Viper, you end up buying 7 more toys than you would have otherwise. Then, if you need to re-sell the other 7, Hasbro could care less, cause they already have their money.

OR, they figured that there are no more Joe fans to appreciate the Viper reference/crossover, and that it was therefore not worth producing more than in limited amounts.

But hey, I wouldn't be surprised if a case of these are sitting in a warehouse, forgotten, and that we see them at discounters by Xmas. Go Hasbro. :lol 

9. Slugslinger81

Slugslinger81 Well-Known Member

Seeing that the current "comic con" link HTS has on their website just takes you right back to the HTS homepage...Will there be an entirely separate page for the SDCC exclusives or will they post them with the other HTS exclusives as they have in the past? I guess if Im monitoring the regular exclusives page at 11:59am on 7/27 and they go live at 12:00am on 7/28 on a different page dedicated only to the SDCC exclusives (may be because of a different server set up to handle the expected traffic without affecting the main page) any ideas, clues, theories? lol

10. Dereka138

I expect some time the morning of the 28th... not super early but 7-10 am.... this is gonna suck

11. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I might be out. I go into work at 6am. If anyone could grab me a Stormtrooper that would be great.

12. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

They won't put up a preorder for MP Starscream on the 28th, will they? Since he comes out in October and all. If they do, it's no big deal, since I'll be home still on the 28th (my vacation fell during the same week that the HTS preorders go up and MP G2 Bee is released.)

I WILL nab the Combiner Hunters Set, though. That and MP Starscream are pretty much the only things I want. Okay, so I'll also be getting the G2 Combiners and Victorion, when they go up for preorders. That's it though.....umm, maybe.:eek: 

13. Dereka138

I think MP Starscream is a TRU exclusive and not set for release until OCT

14. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Thank you for the response. That makes sense. Looking forward to the TRU Exclusive in October :) 

15. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Oh sweet the 28th is a Tuesday meaning my day off looks like I'll be getting my Hunters

16. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So the SDCC Kre-O TF's haven't shown up on HTS yet right? I really don't want to pay a da** scalper.

17. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right.

18. Transfromicon

Transfromicon Habitual line stepper

Order Date
    3097947 Fully Shipped 8/14/2014 11:19 AM
    3097539 Fully Shipped 8/4/2014 10:29 AM
    3087440 Fully Shipped 8/5/2013 10:59 AM
    3087440 Fully Shipped 8/5/2013 10:58 AM

These are my orders for SDCC product for the last 2 years.... I got in to both years on the first day and the first order is from the restock almost a week and half later. I think there is a definite trend...

19. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks for the info, that's EST I'm guessing?

20. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    That's great, thanks. Could you let us know the timezone too? I've been caught out in the past with the old Pacific vs eastern!