The Hasbro Pulse New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razerwire, Oct 21, 2008.

1. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

As far as Marvel Legends goes I'd say it doesn't help much that the MCU movie dates keep moving and the toys never seem to come out to align with them (they are usually clearanced by the time the movie comes out). But they released a lot of non MCU waves and box sets that just seemed to also languish, and so I wonder if another reason isn't the price hike and people deciding to wait. At least anecdotally that's what it was to me (not intentionally waiting for sales but cutting way back unless there's a sale)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    There's definitely that, but also character selection. A lot of the non MCU waves have had pretty obscure characters (at least in my opinion, there's been a lot I've never heard of).

• Like Like x 1
  4. fujishig

Again anecdotally, but I would have bought a lot of those more obscure characters for... 20 bucks. I mean I'm probably the exact market for those kinds of figures, and I don't necessarily want them to just do the same mainline characters over and over. Like I think that Stryfe boxset is a great selection, but I still didn't buy it at full price.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Oh I definitely think the selection being varied is a good thing, just like with Transformers. Price is absolutely a factor, like you said, but when it comes to obscure characters (speaking just for myself) I'm more likely to grab someone like X-Cutioner in the X-Men97 wave than I am to grab Egghead or Orb (as 2 examples) simply due to X-Cutioner's association with the X-Men figures that I am collecting.

6. hiroxion

hiroxion Active Member

Has there been any word on when/if Armada Prime is getting a restock? I'm sort of regretting passing on it during Christmas (on sale even, but bad timing). It's in the archive section at Pulse (not sure if that's indicative of anything). Commander Ultra Magnus seems to be trickling out again so maybe there's hope?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Jetfire and Sky Lynx got reissues so it's not outside the realm of possibility, but we won't know until we see them for pre-order or @Jtprime17 confirms it.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Bakarina

Bakarina Unapologetic Megatron Fangirl

No way in hell Hasbro would invest in all that new tooling on a super popular character to only do a single run on him. A reissue is sure to sell every copy and would carry heftier margins than the first run that had to recoup the designing and tooling investment.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Hello, I wanted to know if Pulse Premium's free shipping works on Haslab projects.

I was wondering if I should cancel the God Fire Convoy I already backed, subscribe to premium and order two of them and save in the shipping.

10. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, the free ship works with Haslabs. I did get free shipping on the Star saber and Deathsaurus. The only thing they get you on is tax.

• Like Like x 2
  11. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It works on HasLab.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Member

The Pulse Outlet (clearance section) has Metalhawk listed for around 16$ before shipping, which may not be new but is definitely the cheapest I've ever seen that figure. Some other notable discounts include Legacy Amber Lio Convoy, Blitzwing, and Transmetal Megs for a little over Amazon's cheapest prices for them.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  14. fujishig

Oh is Metalhawk back in stock? It was on sale but out of stock for a bit.

edited to add: oh he is, and 15.91.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  15. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Also Core Energon Megatron, Core Prime & Bee with trailer, Core Prime, SSGE Megatron and Animated Bumblebee are in the Heros and Villains 15% sale. Which ends tomorrow the 18th at 11:59pm est.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Pencilerobo

Pencilerobo Well-Known Member

I think Marvel got high on their own supply.

Comic fans aren't going to buy figures that are so far removed from the source material they're unrecognizable, e.g. Eternals, although even comic accurate Eternals would be a tough sell because banking on a more obscure and long unpopular comic title is just foolishness; but I'm sure those fans are out there and would have bought them. <= From the guy who bought Sleepwalker, twice. :p  What I was seeing on store shelves were a lot of MCU "dudes in suits" trash. Oh look, a very well made Martin Freeman toy. . . I mean, I guess hooray for Martin Freeman getting a paycheck?

Supplementary, I question if MCU fans even request or have interest in these more esoteric peg warmers. I'd rather see more Agent Carter figures on pegs than generic dudes in suits.

Marvel needs to step back, and while they get their next movie affairs in order, focus on comic based figures.

That said, I'm not the Marvel target audience. I'm the putz that buys them on clearance, or used when they put out the weirdo characters I enjoy. Gladly plunked down my money for Longshot and Spiral when they came out, but as much as I love Hawkeye - I waited for Hawkeye and his air cycle to get a cut before caving to my love of one of the rare purple adorned characters I find insanely cool. Ultimates inspired Hawkeye is, and always will be an affront to the reputation of Hawkeye. Sunglasses are not a costume! That's some James Franco Spiderman 3 grade garbage. :p 

Anyhow - there is some stupid part of me tempted to pick up a cheap Blitzwing; but then I look at the figure out of the box and it just doesn't do it for me. Even being a triple changer, I deduct points for suffering from the modern Transformer aircraft curse of robot chilling under this airplane backpack transformation. That's possible more egregious to me than parts-forming. Parts-forming is crap, but I stand by there being potential to made the curse less cursed by engineering the parts to do something other than pop off. Make it a transforming battle / play accessory. Nothing elaborate, but y'know - a gun, a jetpack, anything other than roof of truck, or hatchback of car.

• Like Like x 1
  17. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Question for you guys. Did you ever have anything domestically shipped from Hasbro Pulse via DHL?

I bought Legacy Animated Bumblebee during that Heroes and Villains sale and when I was checking it out, I noticed that t said the shipping method was USPS Smartpost, but when I got the tracking number, it was actually shipped through DHL,which seemed odd as pretty much everything I've bought from Pulse has been shipped via FedEx.

It hasn't moved since it was shipped...which is giving me some pause. How reliable is DHL? I've gotten things that were shipped internationally with them with no issues, but I think this might be the first time I've dealt with them for a domestic purchase.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading,
    MIKE
    engledogg

18. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Never had anything from Pulse using DHL but Amazon JP use them and never had an issue. It may be that the label has been created but not picked up yet. I know USPS and FEDEX both have specific codes for that but perhaps DHL don't.

• Like Like x 2
  19. IronSites

IronSites Obviously A Definitely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had a couple recent Pulse orders use DHL. They deliver reliably but their tracking and etas are awful.

• Like Like x 1
  20. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've had a lot of deliveries from DHL. But they always transfer it to USPS. Never received anything directly from DHL. The tracking will stop for a day or two, then say transferred to USPS or local delivery.

• Like Like x 1