The Hasbro Pulse New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razerwire, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    I've never had any issues with pulse using FedEx, but when they use UPS it feels like it takes forever

2. Metroplex[IH]

Metroplex[IH] Well-Known Member

Anyone here remember when you ordered things in a catalog and you had to call a number and wait for 20 minutes to reach someone, and then you could give them your credit card number and then you'd have to wait 6-8 weeks for shipping and some bullshit called "handling", which always cost extra, unless you had to send a check in which case you had to mail it to an address and wait an ungodly amount of time in hopes that one of your statements would show that the check cleared so you knew they got it and THEN you had to wait 6-8 weeks for it to arrive?

'member?

We are living in a futuristic paradise right now. RIGHT NOW, even with all the delays. And no one can convince me otherwise.

• Like Like x 30
  3. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, those were the days. Only upside I remember to that were the epic (IMHO) Christmas catalogs. Pages on pages of toys.

• Like Like x 9
  4. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Those were the days. Waiting for the latest Sears catalog to arrive. Browsing thru all the latest goodies.
    Man, I feel old. :( 

• Like Like x 6
  5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I'm simply one hell of a butler. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    When I was 5 or 6 that's exactly how my parents got my original NES through Finger Hut. :lol  Back then you just didn't think about it because you didn't have access to shipping notices and tracking numbers via the internet and various smart phone apps.

• Like Like x 5
  6. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Artfire & Jackpot shipped.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Metroplex[IH]

That's how I got my Dragonzord in the hight of the PR craze.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your analogy is flawed. What if everyone started to compare other things, like how back in the day, it took 100 days to travel around the world, or having to remember phone numbers or taking a road trip with maps? Now you can travel the world in a day and your cell phone stores numbers and can be a GPS device as well.

We are living in the present, not the past. Therefore, you should measure present standards against the present. And if you do that, the Hasbro taking $ and not sending shipping notices and Fedex taking long ass times to delivery, is unacceptable. Are you going to compare the Pony Express delivery to a FedEx truck now?

• Like Like x 1
  9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And you're right, to a degree. In a world of PayPal and Amazon Pay, you shouldn't have to have a company sit on your money with nothing to show for it for days if not weeks. It's one thing if there's a non-refundable down payment or a pre-paid pre-order you knew you were getting into when you first agreed to the purchase. That said, when SS Brawl and Megatron came out, Amazon kept moving my shipping date and sat on my money for a week before they shipped. Even with Prime and that was before the pandemic. They haven't done that since (give or take one or two days, but generally not at all) and it was an oddity and I wasn't the only one. A lot of us felt uncomfortable with them sitting on the money with seemingly no effort on their part.

Now? There's a legitimate excuse and explanation. Problem is, you have to remember that a lot of us are old and in our 40s and 50s and can remember those times, while a larger number of the fanbase (and this number continues to grow) are much younger and never experienced what we have and they're used to the new system and ways. Will it kill 'em to learn? No. Are we being unreasonable to expect them to just understand in a second? Kind of. Leaning more towards yes.

These kids (and I don't care if some of them are now 21, therefore legally an adult who can drink, they're still kids to me. I'm that old.) they aren't used to corded phones, VCRs, snail mail, people holding their money for what seems like forever, etc. If we can complain about eBay sellers not doing their job, why can't we complain about retailers? Why can't they, in their non-exposure to the past, look at things in a present tense view?

I think we demand too much from one another and there's not enough understanding of where someone else is coming from, these days. We're all so sure we're right and everyone else is wrong. What if we're all wrong and no one's right and we all need to learn a lesson? *shrugs*

One thing about the past, though... I would dearly love to know why it took 6-8 weeks for an item to ship. While we didn't have Priority Mail, we did have First Class and Parcel Post and those took between 5-10 days (sometimes business days, not counting weekends as we do now), and it shouldn't have taken that long. My guess is a lot of 'em cashed the check, waited for the interest to accrue (Best Buy used to do this with refunds. If you wrote a check or spent past a certain amount, they'd sit on it for 21 days before you could have your refund.) and I'm guessing they didn't actually have the stock on hand and shipped directly from the factory in Asia and then slapped a US label on it for last-mile delivery.

It never made sense to me why I had to wait so long for Force Ghost Obi-Wan to come from Kenner when I lived just over the border in PA and they were located in Cincinnati. (I understand it now, I didn't then. A lot of people are in the same boat as old me.)

Fair enough, both points are valid. He's reminding us that it could be worse because it has been. You're pointing out that we haven't been in that particular situation in quite some time and the world has become accustomed to instant gratification. I recommend somewhere in the middle, where we are now. We still get things ridiculously fast, but the workers aren't sent to their breaking point and dropping over dead from exhaustion or COVID. I don't know if we'll ever get back to where we were in 2019, but be thankful we have anything right now, and be super thankful we're not back in the Pony Express days.

This is the problem with everything we need being everywhere else and nothing at home. Outsourcing everything is a problem. (Not getting political, pointing out a fact. People outsource everything, including their parenting to other people and then get mad at them when they don't do it the way they wanted. (Teachers, for example.) Well, if you want your kid to be like you, raise 'em yer dangself, people.)

It's true, though, you both have valid points.

And I agree that sitting on the money in today's world of internet processing isn't a great look for a company. I get that there are delays but I'm sure there must be some programmer somewhere who can write a code to trigger the payment method once the retailer confirms it's actually shipping the item in question. This charging now and then saying "oh, we're behind, but we'll get to you" thing doesn't sit well with a lot of people. GameStop had my money tied up for a while with Gnaw and it didn't make me happy in the slightest. (Pulse and other retailers aren't GameStop, nor would I say they were. They deserve better than to be lumped in with the likes of them. lol)

It used to be that a retailer *needed* your money to come in and clear before they could ship your item. It made sense to cut 'em a check and throw it in the mail. Now? We don't have to do that anymore. Heck. Amazon will charge people AFTER the item has shipped in some cases. (Several mentions of that happening right here on this board!)

• Like Like x 5
  10. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Woot! UPS picked up Jackpot and Artfire. Sadly both coming from Georgia. Current ETA next Tuesday.

• Like Like x 1
  11. crazyjw18

crazyjw18 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got my Kingdom Red Alert today that I ordered in that tiny restock on the 17th. Recieved notice it was on the way on 23rd, but as of yesterday the fedex status remained label printed. Not super fast, but far from terrible considering Christmas was in the middle there. It'd be nice to have better status updates, but that's not really Pulse's fault.

I'm also willing to give them some slack because they took care of me when Xpanse never arrived and I didnt follow up until like 7 or so months after they said it shipped. It took a while for them to look into it, but they went ahead and shipped me a new one even though they couldn't tell what had happened to the original order either.

12. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Something is unclogging somewhere, will see how the shipping time goes, but I got charged for SPD A Squad Red at 10pm last night and it had a tracking number a few hours later into the morning.

13. scifi1972

scifi1972 Well-Known Member

Looks like SG Jetfire will be shipping right on time. Woo hoo!!

Screenshot 2021-12-30 020320.png

• Like Like x 3
  14. Glhboy

Glhboy Goes Like Hell....

News Credits:
    Any codes you guys have used recently that work for discounts?

15. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Hasbro only does codes for like black Friday. They don't send codes for discounts like Entertainment Earth does.

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    You're being charged on time. That's not the same thing as shipping on time, but hopefully you see it leave soon!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I'm simply one hell of a butler. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Well, been two weeks now and still waiting for my in stock order to ship. If it goes three weeks I'll shoot them an email or see if their online chat is currently working because Pulse is notoriously slow when answering emails. What sucks is if I'd have bought the items via anyone else this wouldn't be an issue. Every other company I ordered from around the same time shipped in a timely fashion and the items were delivered before or just after Christmas. Pulse must be heavily understaffed at a time when they should have hired seasonal help.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Metroplex[IH]

And all this does is remind me of all the other ways we live in a veritable paradise. I respect that you don’t agree with me, but this actually made me smile

• Like Like x 8
  20. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

Remember, if you want to cancel an order but may have forgot to, always check to see the coming soon and make sure it is cancelled