The Hasbro Pulse New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razerwire, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Racer_J

Racer_J Well-Known Member

It's a digital only item that comes with a digital token for a physical product. They are likely testing the waters for digital only "goods".

• Like Like x 2
  2. Racer_J

sensible-chuckle.gif

Soft goods for toys (especially small toys) need to have pleats/folds/drapes etc. sewn in to look good. I get wanting soft goods since they don't restrict articulation but, the new The Black Series Boba Fett (Tython) does a really good job with plastic cloth on the left (your right if face to face). It unfortunately does the typical terrible job with plastic cloth on the right (your left if face to face) leg since it's part of the belt and has plastic cloth for the rear of the tunic that is also attached to the belt. The Vintage Collection Bib Fortuna has a decent looking soft good "coat" (it looks like it has weight and form) but, the soft goods skirt is the typical terrible soft-goods clothing. Those two are the outliers but, they might finally be starting to find their footing for how to do clothing (no shade as it's extremely difficult to make small pieces of fabric/plastic behave like actual clothes).

3. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    NFTs are the latest creation in "you serious? That has value?". The best example is with this image:

[​IMG]

Famous meme, right? We've all seen it. The girl in it, now all grown up, "associated" that image with a blockchain token - a cryptographic string like a bitcoin more or less - and sold the token for $500,000. So whoever bought it now owns the "original work" of that meme image, even though we all can have copies. As you can see, it's a way of electronically assigning a unique identifier that can't be forged to an easily copyable digital creation (an image in this case) so that it can be traded and sold for value. Comic book artists and comic book companies are starting to get into NFT offerings themselves so people can buy "original" electronic works.

In the case of the Megazord offering, buying it comes with an NFT that is associated with those pictures on the ordering page that Hasbro artists created.. It's not like you'll get a print of them or anything. When you buy it, you'll get a NFT that says you "own"those pictures (and probably high resolution versions of them in a standard jpeg format) so if people want to buy or own that NFT after the cut off date, they'll have to buy or sell it from you (if you bought it). You ALSO get this physical black and gold redeco of the 11 inch Megazord they're putting out next year. NFTs normally don't have any physical object associated with them (besides the occasional certificate of ownership that doesn't really mean a nything).

NFTs are controversial because they could very well be a fad. Cryptocurrency is seeing rising regulation around the world. China brought the executioner's axe down on it earlier this year. The US and EU is likely to heavily regulate it in coming years. The free-for-all wild west of the entire blockchain industry is about to undergo radical change just as the technology - which is important - is diversifying from cryptocurrency into things like NFTs.. NFT's would in that sense, be the electronic equivalent of a baseball card. What's the inherent value of a baseball card? Technically nothing. It's cardboard with art and writing on it. But scarcity and demand create a value. Society agrees that there is some value, even if people value it in different ways. A Mickey Mantle rookie card is forever in high demand by card collectors. NFT's are the same in principle, with the blockchain token substituting for the physical card.

The question is though: does the NFT's have legs. Cards have risen and fallen in desirability. There was a huge fad of them in the 1990s that, when the music stopped in the 2000s, lead to massive industry consolidation. There has been a big demand of them in the last 2 years that is seemingly already subsiding as people's activities revert to pre-pandemic normals. But you can count on cards to continue to have value to them and follow a boom-bust cycle. Not necessarily so with NFTs. They could truly be worth nothing because there is no physical object associated with them. If blockchain is regulated in coming years, trade of NFTs would be as well unless there is a legal carve out. If blockchain technology changes over the next decade, there could be a dividing line between "old" NFTs and "new" NFTs. One reasons cards are a comparatively secure investment is because the card industry has over a century of history to it. That Mickey Mantle rookie card will presumably be worth a lot of money still 100 years from now because it'll not just be a collectable, but a historical artifact of mid-20th century merchandise and sports. But will a $500,000 NFT have the same value or more 100 years from now? Probably not. It's getting increasingly difficult to get software from 25 years ago to run on modern computers as standards change. It's possible modern blockchain will be incompatible with computer technology in 100 years.

So therein you see perhaps the controversy: companies asking for money for something that is assigned uniqueness and value, whose ultimate existence (or minimum value) may not be as guaranteeable as they say. That would make it a scam.

Hasbro offering the physical black and gold variant of their forthcoming Megazord gets them out of that bind in this once case - and presumably any legal question marks (legal was even mentioned in the presentation as Pulsecon). But it does open the door to future NFT offerings for franchises they own.

I think it would be interesting to see the price of the regular non-NFT Megazord. If it is $150, that would imply the starting value of the NFT is really $50, not $200, because $150 of that $200 is in fact, the physical black and gold Megazord. If that is the case then the NFT's value would crater to $50 from $200 pretty quick, and would take a long time to get back to $200. See the issue? It's not even clear the value of what you're buying. Another way of thinking of it is if the physical black and gold Megazord is a "pack in" of the NFT, or if the NFT is a "pack in" of the Megazord. If it is the former, then they value of $200 is legitimate. if it is the latter, then the price becomes, $50 (presuming the Megazord is worth $150).

My 2 cents? Right now Cryptocurrency is real enough so long as your careful. By NFTs? Stay away from them. It's a fad.

• Like Like x 15
  4. Racer_J

[​IMG]

I knew the fashion industry had convinced people with obscene amounts of money to buy into NFT but, I can't even with selling the "original work" of a meme as an NFT for $500,000 . . .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Legion9186

Legion9186 Well-Known Member

Wow there are still 3086 Ravages.
    I thought that this set would instantly sold out, I'm so glad that many fellow collectors will be able to get it without having to go to ebay and pay aftermarket prices.
    With that being said now is the time, if you are on the fence about this figure, go for it, you will regret it later when is sold out.

• Like Like x 6
  6. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Yeeee Hawww!

Ebay:
    Beast Wars items in the end are a boondoggle. Especially in the secondary market. Brought to you by the box in my basement.

7. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The root of it is, as ever, people foolishly marrying business and pleasure. If people want to spend money to get an asset that will accumulate in value, the most surefire way to do it is either real estate / land or an investment (stock, mutual fund, bonds, etc). Those have no interesting hook to them other than the potentiality of accumulating in value over time.

There are always a handful of cards, comic books, action figures and now even memes that will accrute value over time, but it's a shred and not something anyone should ever count on as a good investment. Take this comic for example:

ComicConnect - X-MEN GIANT SIZE (1975) #1 - CGC NM/M: 9.8

Giant-Size X-Men #1 , rated 9.8 for $60,000 back in April. It's a very important comic and that's an absolutely pristine condition. Maybe in another 10 years, you can get $120,000 for it. However if you take that $60,000 and put it in some diversified investments, you'll probably walk away with a lot more than $120,000 after 10 years. You could make $120,000 in a matter of months if you're smart about it.

Whoever bought that meme NFT should sell it above the buying price, and count their blessings that they aren't holding the ticking time bomb it is anymore.

• Like Like x 3
  8. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, received my Shattered Glass Goldbug on Friday. They shipped it from Georgia like lightning. (I miss the PA shipping because it's next day but this will definitely do!)
    Mold degradation, loose-fitting, but my gosh does he look good! I'm just going to slap a red Autobot symbol on his chest and call it done. I think the gold version will be bland, this kind of stands out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Qazsedcftgb2

Qazsedcftgb2 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thank you so much for this! I'll keep this brief since it is skirting the edge of being off topic, but I've heard about NFTs all year and I never understood what they were, even after looking them up. Your explanation is very thorough and I'm pretty sure I understand it now, and I agree it is kinda silly. Maybe if you're a super fan of something it may be worth it to you personally, but I can't imagine paying anything upwards of double digits just to "own" a digital image that literally anyone can have for free. I hope Hasbro doesn't bring them to Transformers, but I'm glad that I at least kind of understand them now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh complete opposite of mine. I own all but 1 use of this mold and Goldbug might be the tightest yet!

His alt mode is definitely my favorite too.

----

Also that was a great summary of the fad, thank you @StrifeZ!

But then there's also the environmental impact of the computing power necessary for all this stuff that flies right in the face and even on through the boasting about the packaging for your eventual physical product being plastic free. That's what irks me the most about this.

I initially thought I'd get a repaint of it to not double up on the SoC I just finally got, never expecting it to be revealed so soon. So I actually want that final physical product a whole lot! But I won't be getting it, because I can't support that NFT practice.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

Which is weird cause I was able to order the second one which made me think that the first order didn’t go through at all. Either a mess up on their end or the customer limit is based on the order itself and not the account holder, which is still fucked up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:

This for me and Goldbug. God mine was a pain to transform because he was so tight and stiff

13. BlastOff682

BlastOff682 Well-Known Member

I sure hope Hasbro doesnt carry over NFTs to Transformers, because I love this collecting hobby and if they bring that garbage to the franchise I care about, I dont think I would want to contribute to the destruction of the environment and support this absolutely scummy business practice.

14. Houstonian Prime

Houstonian Prime skilled tradesman

News Credits:
    checked on my SG Goldbug order to see when delivery is scheduled, when i click on the FedEx tracking link, it tells me the tracking number is invalid. anybody else ever experience this?

if it doesnt show up this weekend, ill probably be contacting Pulse on Monday..

• Like Like x 1
  15. Terrorsaur128

Terrorsaur128 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Try your tracking number with UPS, mine said it was shipped through FedEx but gave me the same error message that you got. I put it in on the UPS site and sure enough, that's who they sent it through. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Houstonian Prime

Houstonian Prime skilled tradesman

News Credits:
    thanks for your response. youre were right. i put the number into UPS tracking, its scheduled for delivery this weekend from UPS. thanks again for your help..

• Like Like x 1
  17. lil society vert

lil society vert luv is rage 2/chainsaw man supremacist

Sg goldbug arrived today, came with issue 4 which is getting put away until megatron and Starscream drop

• Like Like x 1
  18. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

Anyone know if Hasbro Pulse will block you from buying over the limit if you use the same card on a different account? Seeing as there was plenty of stock yesterday, gonna get my brother a Venom when it goes live to the public. Gonna have it shipped to his house since he’s at work, but I’m paying for it as a gift.

19. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I say try it. I did it twice before but that was before the site update.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe use PayPal for one order for an added layer of anonymity?

• Like Like x 1