The Hasbro Pulse New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razerwire, Oct 21, 2008.

1. John TL

John TL Well-Known Member

After months of waiting my Scorponok’s arrived. I can finally hook up the DNA kit to it.

3EDA0291-0FAC-4014-AD8C-14929FA240FB.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Racer_J

Racer_J Well-Known Member

No, they will not ship to the US. it will refuse to place the order or kick it if does get placed. They probably don't want the hassle but, it also would likely violate general vendor/retailer agreements for all merchandise (kind of like how region locks work and for the same reasons). I know that might sound silly since another country's store can sell and ship to another country but, that's the end of the supply chain. There is substantial amount of money and risk above the corporate level of a retail company and it all hinges on distribution rights contracts. Those can also affect retail stores though (as can local laws and ordinances) which is what any disclosures like "currently this item can not be sold outside of the US" that US customers will see on Amazon and elsewhere. Breaking a contract has massive consequences (e.g. breaking a street date can void a company's contracts with everyone and get them blacklisted because it creates an unfair marketplace).

Where can I deliver my order?

"We offer delivery to most addresses in the United Kingdom. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship to the Channel Islands (including Jersey and Guernsey) and we do not accept orders which require delivery to addresses outside the United Kingdom. We cannot deliver to P.O. Boxes."

3. volatus

volatus Aristocratic Airborne Decepticon

Oh for sure. But that's OK, if we care enough, we can always help one another out with issues like this. I will keep that in mind for later, of course, as a friend in California already grabbed a saucer bee for me.

Mine's sat in my closet since Tuesday, I feel like I have to wait until BBTS receives my DK-23 kit :( 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Racer_J

Hopefully I'll be doing that on the 14th or sooner once mine arrives from EE. I've had DK-19 and DK-21 since 09.02.2021 and I can't wait to see how large Scorponok is in person given how massive the DK-19 blaster is.

• Like Like x 2
  5. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

My Amazon Battle Across Time pack just shipped. o_O 

6. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    MOTHER F***!!! Just got Galvatron from Pulse. SOB wrong shoulders. Now I am gonna have to contact CS and request a return and refund. I do not want defective toys. And if I wanted to fix myself I'd make my own toys.

7. Megagalvatron1

Megagalvatron1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It sucks after waiting all this time Hasbro pulse sends out the defective ones. Even worst I found a corrected galvatron at 2nd and Charles I had a coupon and it would have been 58 I skipped it. My thought was no way pulse has taken this long and it will be the bad shoulders. I should have bought it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Agent Prime 2814

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    yep. very disappointed. Waited all this time for the figure and get the one that's jacked up. I have never seen the corrected version in person. And have passed a wrong shoulder copy 5x. I was under the same impression that these later copies couldn't possibly be the wrong assembled ones. Guess jokes on me. Now I am hesitant to preorder anything sight unseen. So with QC issues from hasbro continuing to increase and prices going up...it may be time I leave the hobby for good. I don't want to pay for trash I have to use upgrade kits that cost more than figures to fix, or pry apart and disassemble and re-assemble toys myself to fix factory mistakes. If I wanted to do that I would just make my own toys and invest in 3d printers, cnc machines, and mold injectors.

9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the case of Galvatron, you can get pin hole fillers for under $4, so there are options for upgrade kits that don't cost anywhere near the price of the figure
    https://www.jrcdesignstore.com/product-page/galvatron-pin-and-arm-covers

• Like Like x 1
  10. Agent Prime 2814

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    No offense but its still janky and wrong and i would know it. Id rather have no figure at all than pay $50 plus for a figure that had piss poor quality and a tech too stupid to have the shoulders rotated. Thats like saying buying a 4k player and it still works even though its only in spanish with english subtitles. No thanks.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's your prerogative. If it's no longer worth it to you to collect then not much can really be said about it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

Which one?

13. volatus

I don't get the rage at all. The difference between one side and the other of that shoulder is almost nil. Spin them around and move on with life, right?
    3galv.jpg

Or get the optional pin hole covers from JRC Design Store! Honestly, they look better than the rectangular hole greebles on the "correct" shoulders. It's been a blessing in disguise!
    Galvatron_JRC_02.jpg

Even with the low shoulders he's just not that bad. Certainly not something to quit the hobby over :rolleyes:  If you prefer that rectangular exposed piston greeble for whatever reason, okay, you get shoulders that are a few millimeters lower than they should be.
    GR_0.jpg

But I am ready for the outraged replies talking about how this is the end of the world and bluh bluh muh money muh perfect figure, which I shall read with Galvatron on my desk laughing in his maniacal season 3 voice and his fine pin hole covers...! I wish you folks would stop being tortured and outraged over this absolutely miniscule issue. But hey, maybe you'll get your refunds, you do you, I realize part of the outrage is that you deserve the best and this isn't the best!
    Galvatron_Shadows.jpg

But I feel like you'd be happier if you learned to love and accept something flawed once in a while... Just my opinion...

• Like Like x 12
  14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't say I disagree

• Like Like x 4
  15. Agent Prime 2814

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    But its my money im spending on a product sight unseen. They are guaranteeing it to be the best of their ability. It is not. I prefer the square pegs over spending more money regardless how cheap it is to fix something i shouldnt have to fix. I mean if you go buy a house and its market value is $150k but there is an entire wall with a hole in it do you still pay the full price? Sure you can spend thousands more buying material and fix yourself or pay someone to fix it. You can buy a brand new camero but it has a faulty transmission. The guarantee warranty says they replace it but without that i guess you can spend more money on a new one and have a mechanic install it. 1 figure isnt enough to drive me away. Its a continuing trend of figures and an increase in price thats driving me away. Lets see there has been punch/counterpunch, tracks, and galvatron that comes off the top of my head. I know people can probably name 5 more. Even masterpiece figures with their high pricing have their flaws. And the end results are we are not getting what we pay for. So yes, im gonna get my refund. Id rather have my figure and no figure at all than a janky one that i got to spend more on to fix.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  16. volatus

Your Galvatron being stuffed back into a box to head back to Pulse PCA:

Galvatron_shake.gif

• Like Like x 15
  17. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

The low shoulders and the pins never bothered me. The figure is still great IMO.

• Like Like x 4
  18. geekatron prime

geekatron prime Master of the Kerfuffle

The way he's swinging his hand back and forth looks interesting. :D 

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Racer_J

This is one instance where I wouldn't mind something being done wrong because, I don't like the rectangle cutouts for the forearm tabs showing. I would never be able to unsee the line detail on the shoulders facing the wrong way though. That having been said spaulders should extend down lower on the outside and not lower on the inside. I know that entire piece rotates during a lateral raise but the miss-assembled pieces have the details in the correct orientation (regardless of design intent).

It really boils down to do you want the tab slots showing from the front and the design line looking like Armada Prime spaulders or, do you want to see the pins/plugs from the front and the design line looking like how spaulders should look.

There are also those that don't care either way and just want a correctly assembled toy. There is nothing wrong with that. I've returned several toys related to QC issues lately so, I'm not going to side-eye anyone for wanting a correctly assembled toy and not wanting to use a workaround nor fix it themselves.

Personally, I don't know how I will actually wind up feeling or what my preference will be until I see it in person.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I knew that I wanted the correctly-assembled Galvatron, so when I found it in June at Target I didn't hesitate to buy one, even though I had preorders at Pulse and Amazon. I opened the package and made sure there weren't any other QC concerns, then I canceled the preorders.

It's a real bummer it turns out so many Kingdom Galvatrons were assembled incorrectly. Since the Selects and the Reformatting versions look correct, I'm hopeful for the Legacy repack next year to also be done right!

• Like Like x 1