The Hasbro Pulse New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razerwire, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hell he’s still available at robotkingdom

• Like Like x 2
  2. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    I'm confused. Through what other channel is Redwing available at MSRP?

3. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

OMGee... It's MSRP in the US and Canada, but exclusive to Target card members. You don't want to use Target, then you'll likely have to pay more and use another reseller/retailer.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, there isn't any. And certainly not in the US.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Diecast G2

News Credits:
    I'm fine with most exclusives, because most of the time they are reasonable to attain.

But I guess I'll never understand the opinion that it's perfectly fine to require supplying the retailer that previously lost 40 million credit card numbers in a data breach with either a SSN and bank account information or literally getting a line of credit through them is an acceptable requirement to buy a $30 toy.

• Like Like x 6
  6. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Original quote that I responded to was referring to "it needs to be readily available from that retailer for a reasonable time"

It was available to Target card members as an exclusive for a good while. They even had done restocks online. It answers that comment. You on the other hand are talking about (in your opionion), it being reasonably available, because it required someone to be a Target card member to get it. Well, that's Target's prerogative. They are selling it as an exclusive in the US and Canada. Now, you're talking about them having a data breach, and someone who's "applying" for the card needed to supply their SSN (which is standard when applying for a card at any financial institution). Again, there are other options available. Don't want to supply your SSN to apply for a Target card. Go with other retailers. You're going to pay extra, but you'll have your peace of mind for not handing out your SSN.

Hasbro is in this business for Money. Target is buying their product and distributing them to their customers.

• Like Like x 3
  7. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Redwing (with Target red color) + Red card, Targeted exclusive?

The Target executive that signed off on that deal was delighted and the marketing guy at Hasbro went home to tell his wife how clever he is. :p 

eBay also gets every exclusive as well, sometimes before everybody else. :p o_O 

• Like Like x 3
  8. Diecast G2

News Credits:
    I just appreciate the disregard of my opinion that Redcard-exclusivity is unreasonable because it's normal for credit cards to exist otherwise. Hell, I have a Redcard. I wasn't negatively affected by that restriction, but I still find it an unreasonable request from Target as a retailer. I fully appreciate that it is in their prerogative to do what they want with the product they paid for, but it does not mean I have to like it. It affects my opinion of them as a retailer and my willingness to purchase from them in the future. Just because it is something they are capable of doing, does not mean it creates a "reasonable" situation. Just because I would normally have to give a dedicated credit card company my SSN and submit to a credit check to open a line of credit does not mean it's reasonable for Target to do the same thing to a consumer for a cheap toy.

And any time I see someone online saying that it's perfectly reasonable to require a Target-brand line of credit to purchase a toy, I'm going to point out that I disagree with that sentiment. It's completely fine for Target and Hasbro to do what they feel will get them money, but I'm not required to enjoy it or extol their capitalistic virtues online. Quite frankly it seems borderline evil to me because I'm of the opinion that a lot of toy-collectors out there aren't great with managing money and don't need another credit card to get in trouble with.

Now, if you excuse me, I must go back to defending Hasbro for how they handled the Seacons.

• Like Like x 2
  9. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Like I mentioned, there are other options available. My response was for the original quote. Don't like that it's a Target Exclusive and requires someone to be a Red Card member (due to your concerns about data breaches and handing over you SSN), there are other options. When person applies for a credit card / debit card, it is required by the Feds that you, as an individual, to supply a form of identification that you are who you are. In this case, they need your SSN and other information. It is what it is.

Hasbro (main) is not handling the Seacons... Takara does. Hasbro Pulse is just the middle man. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Diecast G2

News Credits:
    Which I'm fully aware of. Just trying to stress that I'm not a Hasbro Hater to further emphasize I feel my points are valid and not just nerd rage.

And again, I fully understand what credit cards are. The unreasonable part is that Target decided to place the redcard restriction on the item, not that credit cards exist.

• Like Like x 3
  11. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I can understand the concept. Store exclusives may not be unreasonable, but card exclusives are.

I don't agree, but I can get the concept.

• Like Like x 8
  12. D-Bot

D-Bot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to sideline your complaint but you don't need a Target Red Card Credit card, I have a Target Red Card Debt card that is just connected to my bank account, so anything I buy comes directly out of the bank so it isn't really as restrictive as needing to be approved for a credit card. It was really easy to get, probably a lesser known option. You get all the perks including the 5% off purchases

13. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I agree. I got Redwing from a member because I didn't want to sign up for a Redcard (credit or debit). That to me isn't an exclusive, but an exclusive+ as it requires you to sign up for a membership to obtain, kind of like the Marvel Unlimited toys. I know some people will brush this off as a "whatever, just sign up," but to me who was affected by the Target hack a while ago, I'm against it on general principle. Though that's just personal preference and I have no ire for those who did sign up. It's just not for me.

• Like Like x 3
  14. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    The issue, as I understand it, is you're still giving away personal information, which for Diecast G2 crosses a line of reasonability.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Uncharismatic Bore

Uncharismatic Bore JAFO

It's been a long week and perhaps I am misinterpreting your post, but are you honestly attempting to associate your own personal value of goods to discern whether or not a corporation has the right to obtain personal information from a potential debtor to legally pursue collection in the event of default?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    No, he’s saying Diecast G2 was of that opinion.

17. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Let me be clear. I'm not associating my own personal anything. I'm trying to articulate how I understand another person's argument.

One I said two posts previously was one that I did not share.

But, even so, this isn't about the corporation's right. It's about reasonableness. Just because someone has the right to do something doesn't mean that it's reasonable that they should do so.

And, even beyond that, it's one thing to say that one should be allowed to collect certain information before giving out credit or debit cards. It's wholly another to only provide certain collectible items to those willing to do so.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Diecast G2

News Credits:
    What?

I'm saying restricting stuff to their Redcard is shitty. I'm not saying Target should be giving people credit cards with zero information.

daimchoc posted twice like I didn't understand what credit cards are, so that may be why you're getting that impression.

• Like Like x 4
  19. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there's any active coupon codes right now for Hasbro pulse? Thanks

20. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure that the last one was Black Friday.