The Harley Quinn show

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by UltraAlanMagnus, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't get why people have such a problem with the CoO, yes Batman is supposed the be the world's greatest detective, but that doesn't mean he does or should know everything and there be a secret organization controlling Gotham and keeping it like it is or had been before super heroes and villains started showing up make perfect since. The story was fine and Batman in universe hasn't been active for 50 years pre and post-flashpoint in he main canon. Damian came in before the Court during Grant Morrison's run, so you can't blame Scott Snyder for that. I hate what Gotham did with Court, they should have been at war with the Order of St. Dumas and working with the League.

2. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait, what??? 50 years? How old was Bruce in the comics, 80? :D  No to me it felt ridiculous that Bruce has been operating as Batman in Gotham for all this time without knowing about this secret society pulling the strings. Neither did Barbara, Dick, or Gordon realize it? I liked it better that they dropped them early in Gotham, because frankly it insults the World's Greatest Detective that this has been going on under his nose all these years. Also it makes zero sense in retrospect why this group was totally inactive during say, No Man's Land or any other time Gotham was almost destroyed.

3. Megastar

News Credits:
    In the New 52 Batman has only been active for 5 years at the time. Also Bruce know of them and looked into them and found nothing, becusce they were thought as just being a story and it's not like Bruce know who Ra's Al Ghoul was when he first meet him or Bane.

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I found dumb about Court of Owls is they were more or less named that as the natural enemies of bats. But in the story, this society has been around for decades/centuries. WTF would they name themselves that if it didn't mean anything until the present when they went against Batman. It would make more sense if the society was either renamed the Owls once Batman was around or they just recently started. Also if they were around forever and all these leaders of Gotham were a part of it, how has Batman not heard of it or seen clues of it up to now? This is when retcon history just is stupid.

Besides the court of owls thing, some things just ignore comics history. Gotham had a major quake that damaged/destroyed pretty much every building. Why are there presently so many abandoned or run down buildings? Everything should be pretty new. Then you get these secret underground things that shouldn't exist anymore.

Going with the earthquake thing, why didn't all the heroes descend on the city to help out? Superman, get off your couch and fly your ass to Gotham and help. Same with the other storylines. Bane's terrorizing city but no other heroes help out. I know Batman is arrogant and tells them Gotham is his area. Seems citizens of the city should be like "F you Batman. We are living in terror here that could be solved in 2 minutes if Superman flies over but NOOO, we need to wait until Batman takes care of it."

• Like Like x 1
  5. Megastar

News Credits:
    I finale to see the problem there, the Court was stated to have been around before Gotham was built and in the Grayson comics was shown to have branches all over the world and in the Dark Nights: Metal event has connections to Hawkman and was a tribe in prehistoric times. Batman has heard of them and looked into them and found nothing, that was the point of them, a enemy that he thought was a myth.

No the problem is fans keep holding on to the old continuity when the Court appeared in the new one, meaning the earthquake/No Man's Land never happened and the only thing close was Zero Year and Arkham War and the story point out how the Court grow weaker over the years do to infighting.

You could say that about any superhero comic, hell Superman should be asking Batman how to deal with the Invisible Mafia that has been running around since Superman appeared and the real reason none of the other heroes get involved in each other stories is becusce that would ruin the story! Lex Luthor a man smart enough to clone Superman multiple times, create universal teleporters and time machines, can't figure out Clark Kent is Superman!?

Sounds like you have more of a problem with Batman being in a shared universe than the rewrite history.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watched the Mr. Freeze episode. Man, what an emotional roller coaster. The tears of sadness mixed with the tears of laughter on that one.

People actually verbalizing about "woke" culture still makes me cringe, though. Thankfully, that wasn't actually the theme of the episode and the "gag" passed quickly.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    The “drawing a vagina” put such a big smile on my face! I’m so happy that was addressed. Very funny episode.

• Like Like x 2
  8. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Well, this episode wasn't as good as the last one.

The Batman-centred episode means that we see Batman acting like a classic self-centered douche trying to carry everything on his shoulders, and needing someone to bail him out.

Maybe he should have gone to Robin instead of Batgirl, I don't know. But Alfred in a super wig is classy.

The Bat-armor is straight out of Iron Man. Of course, it's too heavy and once it shorts out Bruce is on his own.

Bane breaks the bat! His legs instead of his back, but still. And also he was easily played by Two-Face, which sort of spoiled what he did.

I wonder how long it's going to take for Gordon to learn that his daughter is Batgirl. He's got too much issues to be a decent father, but I doubt he'd be happy.

9. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally saw the first episode and don't think I can continue. Nothing but cussing for cussing sake and dumb telling of characters we know and love.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Macross7

News Credits:
    I'd say give it a few episodes. Yes it swears a lot but most people love the series.

11. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I’ve been really wanting to see this show. Now that SyFy channel is gonna be airing it I get my chance.

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Treat it more as a parody of the property, ala Lego Batman, than something that can be mistaken for canonical. The show really doesn't work if you treat it wholly seriously.

It's a bit like if Batman: Brave and the Bold had an R-rated baby with The Venture Bros.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  13. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah it was strange that Damian was nowhere around. Maybe his mom took him back? But it was a funny episode. Bruce sure acted like a douche but I enjoyed his jabs with Alfred. Also he was kinda right, Batgirl wearing the symbol and giving people false hope kinda got some people killed. Bane stole the show though, poor guy, he can be satisified so easily with a chair! And an equal share poster (well not really). Two-Face though is being really mean to him, which I don't get - you don't wanna piss off the guy who can break your spine if angered, even if he is kinda dim. I also wish there were some signs of his scyzophrenia, which isn't the case. I did laugh at the "No that is the shadows! That's where I was born in, but it's not me!" line.
    The armor was kind of an Iron Man parody, I guess? Monica was a take on Iron Man's AI (who I think is a woman in the comics unlike Jarvis in the movies). And it was funny how Bruce laughed at Gordon's codpiece missile idea but still put it in the suit).
    The two fanboys arguing was... kinda meta and strange. But at least this show does not shit on its haters (I really doubt there are many) as much as TTG does.

• Like Like x 1
  14. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone else notice how (in this episode) Batman was essentially Harley and Alfred was Poison Ivy? :lol  That alone made me laugh.

I personally enjoyed the episode.
    It's just like Batman to wanna jump back into crime fighting when he should be recovering. (TAS episode Blind as a Bat comes to mind...)

jD001

• Like Like x 2
  15. Macross7

News Credits:
    When it was showing the security footage of Macaroni in the mini-mart, because it was just showing the back of his head and the hair making it seem extra tall, I got the idea of Beavis had started fighting crime.

• Like Like x 1
  16. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Episodes 1-4 of season 1 are currently showing on SyFy and they’re actually keeping it 100% uncensored, no bleeping!

• Like Like x 1
  17. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I think Beavis would be more pro-crime considering his unhealthy fire obsession. Plus, his supervillain persona would actually be Cornholio

18. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    NOOO HOWIE!!! :cry 

19. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Kite Man is a dweeb.

20. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Finished episodes 1-4 and this show definitely doesn’t hold back! I love it!