The great things in life/school/work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slingshot, Mar 12, 2015.

1. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    My mom gave me her old camera and a lens to go with it last night. It's a Nikon D3000 so spec wise it's actually worse than my current camera but hey, it's a free back up. And gives me some practice with a Nikon.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Eyescream

Eyescream Nothingman

I'm two years sober today.

• Like Like x 7
  3. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Let's drink to that! Okay, probably not...

Well done on the milestone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Two weeks annual leave starting tomorrow (Wednesday). Woot Woot. Suppose to start on Monday but of course had to deal with mission critical issue that popped up over the weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Twitter:
    Got a package of figures from a friend of mine and he included 2 extras with that lot of figures so that made me pretty happy to get those and after picking up one other figure I was after I am down to less than 5 or so things left to pick up for the collection right now and it feels great to be at this point and after all that's gone on this past week it's nice to have a few more things in transit then that's it for a while since there isn't that much let to hunt up.

• Like Like x 3
  6. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

If anyone heard of KT tape, I bought some recommended by my dad’s physical therapist, it’s what athletes use for muscle problems. I got some at Amazon with the same brand the therapist uses and it’s been working well for my dad. So that is a good thing.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Moobile Sweetie herd expansion set, Jesta and her new heifer Kai.
    Very personable, aggressively affectionate mother I had to assist for the calf's first feeding. She has everything under control.

20220518_174739.jpg

Kai is going to be a strong calf.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus TFW's Prettiest Princess

I got a book I wanted off Amazon for free. Every once in a while, they send me credits for eBooks on my wishlist. With this one, I think it may have been on sale or had the price lowered at some point, because I don't remember it being as low as it was. In any case, the credit was enough to get it for no cost to me. Huzzah for free stuff!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Tyjos

Twitter:
    Being able to stay happier longer by staying unplugged longer from things, I swear the longer one stays plugged in the more miserable one will be with how negative things can be these days.

And finding simple happiness from watching some old Toons and being able to chill out while watching em [Watched Gi Joe "Arise, Serpentor Arise!" earlier] and it chilled me out FAST and it's part of that reason why I love to binge Gi Joe and G1 at times and then watch Beast Wars and tomorrow should be getting Transformers Animated on DVD and haven't watched that series since it aired on Cartoon Network so looking forward to watching that series again and then will feel a need to rewatch Transformers Prime again since that's my favorite of the modern Transformers series.

-Gotta get Prime on DVD next month!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Some people call KT tape a sham...I don't know. Sometimes placebos help though, so who knows.

11. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

Moved across the country 18 months ago to restart my career. This week I completed probation with a pay raise coming this summer.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    @prowl07 just a single probation phase? I hope so, hehe...kudos to the raise.

13. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

Has to be used correctly, but it definitely works (wife’s a physical therapist; it gets used a lot at her practice, and she’s taught me how to tape her crappy shoulder before we mountain bike). If you just stick it on wherever, yeah, it doesn’t do a damn thing. That’s what you usually see - people who just slap bits of it all over the place without knowing how the stuff works.

It’s used to support and relieve tension on specific muscles by acting as a flexible brace. You stretch it at the muscle heads and use less tension along the mid point, which lets you pull a joint into a more comfortable position or take pressure off of a cramped or spasming muscle by letting the tape take that weight, rather than the muscle itself.

The tape itself doesn’t have any magical properties. But it can relieve a lot of joint and muscle pain by taking some of the physical load those joints and muscles are subjected to.

14. Tyjos

Twitter:
    Finding that I'm glad that I've developed that mental ability to essentially resist a lot of crap that gets thrown at me.

With how a lot of things just suck and how people suck and how it gets to where it's better to just ignore them all and move along and do your own thing finding that having the ability to block out so much mentally is probably one of the greatest mental abilities one can develop these days.

Not sure how many others here have that ability since it's essential to have these days to avoid a lot of shit and keep yourself healthy.

I had to develop that ability due to so much crap I dealt with while growing up from people and a verbally abusive Father and as a person with disabilities found that there are times some of my disabilities have been beneficial -thank goodness for my Short Term Memory problems since it's probably the best thing at times to forget and move on -with me it's pretty much essential with the High Blood Pressure and by default I'm Angry so being able to control emotions a lot better than others at times to the point one could be seen as almost Vulcan-like but found that sometimes not engaging with others and tending to one's tasks is the best course of action.

I don't fight back against others I move on, the days are too short and I don't have a lot of energy for people so best to devote it to the tasks I have to tend too.

I'm Not exactly the unmovable object but just finding that the more I think on how I've reacted to things finding the route of walking away from it and not engaging usually ends up being the correct route.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Two articles i submitted to Fark.com got green lit. One was Don Mattingly’s son was drunk, crashed his car, drove it to a nearby car lot and tried to sell it.

The other a bookstore downtown found a secret hole in the floor and found old prohibition items.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Just scored my first date in 4 years. Informally set for about two weeks from now

• Like Like x 5
  17. Tyjos

Twitter:
    I used to facepalm at folks who get angry over TV shows every week or angry over the same old takes on old Movies now finding I just laugh my ass off at those people.

Jameson00agggfagb.jpg

It's gotten to where I laugh more at some of the outright stupid things that are going on these days.

When constantly faced with the threat of destruction or death from anything finding that this change I've gone through of laughing more at the ludicrous reasons folks get so bent out of shape over TV shows, Character changes, Old Movies and anything else I'm reaching that point I'll be like those who have Pop Corn waiting for the comment sections on those Tweets that get people pissed off.

Laughing at that sort of thing is a good approach right?

Better than Facepalming all the time.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bluetigatron

Bluetigatron sickass robot and kickass mecha fan

Instagram:
    Guess who aced both English and Spanish finals :cool: 

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tyjos

Twitter:
    Also the best question to ask after that is is it worth your blood pressure getting high over it?
    -I have High Blood Pressure so that's the main thing that keeps me from getting into those situations plus I avoid people a lot more these days so my main thing to do at times is just walk away.

This comes up mentally every time

Obiwan00ggggd.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Another person I can't stand at work is leaving! Her last day is tomorrow.

• Like Like x 6