The great things in life/school/work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slingshot, Mar 12, 2015.

1. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me! Studio Trigger for Transformers!

Had a driver for the internet WiFi fail on my laptop, but I did a system restore and the internet is back up and running now! I LOVE the system restore function! XD

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I just want to say how good of a month I've been having? Last month I started working out. Trying to fix my diet. I've lost some weight but I've got work to do still. But it's made me feel GREAT! Surprisingly, I've also been more...open about myself. My co-workers say I look happier, so I think I really am going in the right direction.

I think I pinpointed this...awful part of me that I really denied for years. I've grown up with a constant negative image of myself. I was the fat, bullied kid. But now that I'm changing it, I'm beginning to accept that I'm not what I think I am. I feel great. I came out about being homosexual to more of my work group, and they've been supportive. I started doing that one thing I dreamed about for a few years now...crossdressing, and that makes me feel even better.

I've been telling myself for years that I'm happy and content only to come to the realization that I was in denial. My negativity about myself was really putting me in a less than optimal place. Not anymore. Gonna be a new me now!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Found out today that a racehorse that won last month at the local track now has a different type of racing to do that is shorter, has an easier schedule, buddies to hang with, and apparently is so much fun that the horses line up at the pasture gate every time they see the trailer come out: Indian Relay racing. And I found that out because this weekend Indian relay is happening at the local track and the announcers keep mentioning him while his team kicks butt. XD

--Moony

4. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Twitter:
    Waking up in a decent mood.

Feels good lately to wake up in a good mood and I think the best way I can avoid grumbling is not checking Social Media first since there are days it's getting to where one asks the question of what fresh hell awaits when I open up Twitter.

Sunday Delivery has been one of those Great things always nice to get what I picked up off Amazon before Monday, I'm looking forward to Monday since the G1 Jetfire that was bought last week arrived at the local Hub so I got a Robot Day on Monday coming with other Model Kits arriving and maybe getting the TMNT Shredder on the same day so I think it's great to be looking forward to a Monday a day that's normally dreaded.

5. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

I put in my two weeks notice yesterday. I miss my family and am excited to go home. I've probably been home only 10-15 times in the last twelve years.

My friends life is too short to be unhappy.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

My wife had a 12cm ovarian cyst + her ovary removed on Tuesday, and she's at home now- healing well, up and walking, showing me how tough she is- and I'm very proud of her.

They said the cyst was big enough to equal being 20 weeks pregnant. That's BIG, and opens up a door to scary questions- mainly: Is it cancerous?

But we JUST received word: The cyst was benign. WOOOO!!!

She's officially out of the woods, nothing left to worry about, so all she has to do is take it easy and get better- it's all good. ^_^

I'm having some whiskey tonight! WOOOOO!!! ^_^

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Tyjos

Twitter:
    Being able to collect.

Found that while a lot of things suck in my existence as the next collecting cycle approaches [4 days from now] I'm glad that I still have the ability to collect and enjoy the hobby and found that with the current management methods it's working to keep things under control even when I think I might be getting over my limits so found that safeguards have been hardwired to keep things from getting out of control due to years of having problems due to that so I like it when I suddenly reassess the need for a preorder that may be released within a week's time and cancel that order normally I'd be tired of cancelling things but now when I do I'm glad because I know I can always find that figure later on discount or find it when it comes out.

Just one of those things that I think about as a cycle starts.

Not sure if I need to get a ton of stuff every month for the collection now so that's a great feeling to me to not feel crazed or obsessed like I used to be.

Feels good to be somewhat sane.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Moonscream

News Credits:
    WOOT! New health provider referring me to ENT and neurology, plus more tests! And took the time to listen instead of trying to rush through and getting annoyed by not knowing anything about my health issues like the last one even tho they're in the same office! Yay!

--Moony

9. prowl07

I start my new job on Monday. Full time w/benefits and all the OT I want. Glad I made this move.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi I was on a break

News Credits:
    Just finished my first week at my new school! I met some great people and had tons of fun despite the busy week. I waited 8 months for this moment and I want to make it worth every second. Although shit will happen every now and then I’m sure nothing will be as bad as what I went through last year. Here’s to a new life and a good life!

On the negative side I lost a lock I have to bring this Monday and I need to pay a $20 fine for it :confused: 

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

I have been indulging in some coconut cookies. My most favorite cookies in the world.

A friend of mine's daughter is taking English classes and plans to go to Oklahoma University. She asked me if I can help her because there are some things she doesn't understand about the English that whoever is her teacher is failing to explain to her and possibly other students as well.

Maybe I should have become an "English as a second language" teacher.

I asked if I'm being helpful and she said most definitely because I've explained things clearer than her teacher.

Makes me feel good.

12. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    I HIT 800 SUBSCRIBERS ON YOUTUBE !!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    The 2018 McDonalds Latias toy I bought on eBay came in to pair off with the secondhand McDonalds Latios I found dirt cheap at a vintage toy shop locally. It's lovely having the pair together with quite nice sculpts.

14. Moonscream

News Credits:
    I got my muscle tone back finally (medication side effect)! :buttrock 

--Moony

15. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu TFW2005 Supporter

YouTube (Old):
    dang steroidz! I will have those legal ones one day...trt...50...here I come :p 

16. Moonscream

News Credits:
    Was an inhaled corticosteroid given under the assumption that I have asthma (turns out I don't). Three days after I started it I was sitting and watching a video when it felt like my arm muscles melted. Was a disturbing feeling.

--Moony

17. prowl07

Got 57.5 hours for the first full week at the new job.

18. Tyjos

Twitter:
    Knowing that within the next 30 days the main thing that's been an major annoyance to me will be over.
    -5 Weeks from this point to reach that critical point
    -Meaning that I will be clearing the last of the financial difficulties I've been dealing with and the only way to do that is to do almost NOTHING.

NOTHING!

You'd be surprised at how hard it is to avoid spending money for about 30 days but I'll still have a small budget to use for just a few things and right now I don't feel like buying much and I was excited to hunt for that Walmart G1 Reissue Soundwave Reissue I kept on slapping myself over the price of a new reissue when I can find the original or an earlier reissue a lot cheaper and I really don't want to have to go out shopping locally and I don't feel like going out that much this month anyway so all that remains for this collecting cycle if I can make things work right this could be the last collecting cycle for the year and ditch the entire cycle method and no more waiting to be able to do a lot of things but since I'm not feeling that need to get things for this collection since the room is full so I'm not seeing a reason to continue adding things in so that means I can toss out my To Get List for now.

No obsessing over anything

At last being able to relax and if I don't succumb to the need to get more figures I'll be fine.

-The current waves of Transformers Siege don't get my attention and I'm not really interested in the repaints or exclusives and not that interested in Studio Series and already have most of what I want for the G1 series so it's time to relax and stay relaxed.

Only thing that could mess things up is if I flip out and melt down or have some major mental collapse due to stress so gotta shift the mind over to doing something else.

19. ByteBack

ByteBack Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It's my Daughter's first day at the Gymnasium today (it's akin to a Grammar School) - which is both terrifying and exciting for her. I'm also feeling the same way - it's a big change, and while I know that she'll handle the changes to her life just fine in her own way, I can't help feel apprehensive for her. I'm also sort of mourning the fact that my little girl is growing up whilst, at the same time, feeling extremely happy at watching her grow up.

It's also sort of strange for my son - as he'll be at school without his big sister. While he's making jokes about finally not having her around at school, I also know that given how close they are, he's going to miss not having her around.

Anyhow...it's just the induction day at my Daughter's school, so she won't have a full day. Once her little brother comes home (I've taken the day off work for the induction ceremony) we're all going to a restaurant with her grandparents, great grandmother, aunt and cousins to celebrate.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    I won a technical award at work. Nothing too major, just a performer of the month type thing. But it feels good to beat out the competitors at our other regions (separated by Stateside, Atlantic, and Pacific; I won for Pacific).

It kinda pales in comparison to the annual award (technician of the year) I got back in 2016 but the monthly performer comes with a day off from work at least. :D 

My wife also surprised me with a new wedding band and it fits well. I'm not a huge ring wearing guy and we've always been non-traditional (didn't even have a wedding ceremony) but we're going on 7 years and headed into our 8th anniversary soon so that was very sweet of her so I count myself lucky!

• Like Like x 3