The good idea\bad idea thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DerVernichter, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Another idea I had is one where Hot Shot is Bumblebee's rival. They start out as friendly rivals, but as Bee gains more recognition in the Autobot ranks, and Hot Shot remains the second banana, he feels betrayed. It causes him to become a more powerful force than ever before, trying to one-up Bee so often it dominates his life. His kill count must be higher, his accuracy at target practice 100%, and most of all, he wishes to be side-by-side with Optimus fighting the cons. One day, it takes him way too far. If he can't be recognized on the Autobot side, maybe he would be better off with the Decepticons...

2. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    @Meta777: I can't take your money, I don't have a completed product yet! With Soundwave's worm-that-walks idea, not only does it make him so freaky, it makes him ridiculously hard to kill, as you have to kill every last little bugger, and Soundwave doesn't do Zerg rushes unless he knows he's going to win.

Skywarp and Thundercracker are both interesting takes on the drone who transcends their origings. Thundercracker evolves and becomes a thoughtful, intelligent, creative man who doesn't belong among the Decepticons, while Skywarp degenerates into a feral monster, less than any drone. Nice work!

@ThatOddGuy: He'd have to be a badass in order for the idea to work both in and out of universe. In-universe, he'd have to be good enough to get away with the lone wolf shenanigans that would get other folks killed, especially if he's going up against the entire Decepticon faction. Out-of-universe, he has to be all of that and be impressive enough to the audience to warrant following a Transformer series just about him - he would not only have to be badass, he'd have to be a deep, developed character with his own personality, issues, wants, and morals, as opposed to a speech-making figurehead.

Your idea would be an excellent exploration of tyranny in its purest form, as Megatron would be a nightmarish dictator along the lines of Stalin or Saddam.

Kaymac: That would be a neat idea, giving Bumblebee a foil and rival (and something to do). I like the meta commentary on Bumblebee's ascension versus Hotshot's descent into obscurity. I can even see why the Autobots wouldn't promote him - his obsession has utterly consumed him, and he might go on about how unfair it is that Bumblebee is getting "undeserved" recognition. You could probably turn Hotshot into a tragic figure, as his obsession and desire for recognition blind him to what really matters, until the last moment, when at the moment of his death, he realizes what he's done.

3. ISleepNow

ISleepNow Detrimental Robot

Transformers Prime Blu-Ray releases should include additional footage for certain episodes that was edited out of the original Hub airings due to time constraints. Additional scenes could include an extended scene from 'Patch' in which Megatron after giving a green light to Starscream's return to the Decepticon fold then proceeds to comment unfavorably on Dreadwing's effectiveness as a commander remarking how Decepticons need to be both loyal And effective (leading to Knock Out's "awkward" comment.)
    An extended scene in the corridors of the Nemesis from 'Regeneration' in which Dreadwing elicits Megatrons rationale as to why he allowed Starscream back in. An extended fight scene between Dreadwing and Megatron.
    A scene near the conclusion of 'Darkest Hour' on which Optimus and the Autobots initially attempt to defend the base but are overwhelmed and sustain injury forcing a retreat.

4. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

I've had the idea for a while about a series where Optimus Prime and Megatron are long dead and Star Saber is the leader of the autobots and Overlord is the leader of the decepticons. Characters like Bumblebee, Ironhide, Peceptor, Ultra Magnus, and Hot Rod would be some of the members of the autobot faction. Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave, Skyquake, and Drift would be prominent members of the decepticons.

Eventually in the second season I would introduce The Fallen and the heralds of Unicron as secondary antagonists to the decepticons. The main conflict of the third season would be The Fallen and the HOU would be the main villais and the autobots and decepticons would have to team up and take them down. Somewhere along the way towards the end of the third season Optimus Prime and Megatron would be found and woken from stasis.

The fourth season would deal with Megatron as the main villain and eventually leading to Star Saber splitting up from the autobots and starting his own faction after Optimus Prime takes over leadership. Overlord would also betray Megatron this season and arrange for him to be taken out by the autobots. A sub-plot of this season would be villains Botanica and Waspinator as their own techno-organic faction trying to turn Cybertron more techno-organic.

The 5th season would lead to the showdown between Optimus Prime and Star Saber. Some character arcs I have thought up would be Drift leaving the decepticons at the end of the first season but not joining the autobots instead going on his own to fight anyone he thinks is on the wrong side. Eventually he would have is own small team that fight decepticons on their own. Hot Rod would also eventually join the Wreckers then take up the mantle as leader.

5. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Crumplezone would be down right mortified and even scared of ransack's fall of sanity,also there is a reason why i picked Brad Dourif to voice him

6. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Interesting take on him, is he still loud and clumsy as well?

7. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Mostly,though his in his insane part he's also rather unpredictable.

8. Stardust262

News Credits:
    Nice

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Nice expansion ideas, ISleepnow :) 

And I'm liking your ideas as well, Megatron. I'd give it an 8/10, because I'm interested in how all the multiple sub-factions and foes intermingle as they pursue their respective goals, even if it might get a tad crowded, so to speak.

One idea I had is that of Kup's story. Once the most effective and skilled Wrecker ever, he is now one of the few remaining members, since the sub-faction was specifically targetted by Megatron in retaliation to the plans they've foiled; Megatron crafted elite Decepticon units called the Hunters, whom were designed to, obviously, hunt and kill Wreckers. After the Hunter's efforts disbanded the Wreckers, particularly when their leader Ultra Magnus was murdered by Overlord, Kup struck out on his own, gathering a small team (Warpath, Arcee, Cliffjumper and Hot Shot). As time went on, Kup's memories of the past, of when the Wreckers were the Autobot's greatest advantage and he was the Wrecker's greatest advantage, begin to cloud his judgement, inspiring delusions of returning his old unit to glory. He now harbours desires to collect and train Autobots into the new Wreckers, starting with his motley crew, but as the series goes on, his inability to let go of the past and his pangs for the glory days begins to render him psychologically unstable, deluded, perhaps even dangerous to his fellow Autobots....

10. bookwormdalek

bookwormdalek Gotta get a grip

News Credits:
    Yes it does! But not as full blown as it has in the past.

11. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

Adding on to this, over time he keeps upgrading his body, going from Armada's car to something similar to Lockdown's vehicle mode before going full-on Exigeyser.

12. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    ^ Great idea

My Idea:
    After exploring the galaxy, Cosmos and his crew find one of the lost colonies, and find it populated with Predacons. Named after one of the Thirteen, Animatros Prime (Badflip let me make the name, because he did the design even if I haven't seen it), the team has to fight their way off-world.

Welcome to the tales...

Of the Beast Wars!

13. Stardust262

News Credits:
    I see

14. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like fun!

My idea: the next Transformers cartoon series should be kind of like Batman: the Brave and the Bold. Every episode Optimus Prime teams up with one other Autobot (and sometimes Decepticon) to fight villains and stuff.

Low level entry for non-fans, who easily enjoy Optimus, while being interesting for both more hardcore fans, who might love the more obscure bots he teams up with - and interesting from a toy standpoint because every episode introduces a new character viewers can potentially start liking.

15. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Interesting. It has potential.

The Hot Shot idea or my Beast Wars idea?

16. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I actually remember a fan-comic that featured here for a short while, Bots of Honor, that did something very similar. It's an idea that could work very well for a more light-hearted series.

17. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

A Batman: the Brave and the Bold-esque Transformers series?

Digilaut, let me love you.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    This should happen. They can literally do ever character in one continuity like this.

19. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

The one bad thing about this thread; I keep wishing I thought of some of these first. :lol 

I particularly like Honorbound's, Stardust's, and Digilaut's big picture ideas. I'd love to see an Autobot team up series Digilaut!:D 

Well, here is my attempt at presenting my idea for the past and Great War of my universe. I'm not very good at big picture ideas, so things are in constant flux and below is me trying to collect all of my ideas together.

After finally pushing the Quintesson slavers off of Cybertron, it was discovered that Cybertron is blacking out and running out of energy. For a little while, the race survived by scrounging for resources from lifeless planets. Eventually, Military counselor Straxxus suggested that one planet which sustained organic life held enough resources to jumpstart Cybertron's development back. The rest of the council (not unanymously) voted against the action with the current Prime being the greatest opponent saying "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings". After that, Straxxus began organizing the underground Decepticon movement to overthrow the "weak minded" council's reign and bring Cybertron into its "rightful place in the universe." Many transformers joined believing their race is more important than any primitive organic one. Megatron was Straxxus' apprentice; a former young prisoner of Kokular prison for radicalism, he was released and trained in the arts of warfare and diplomacy (and when to use each one).

After gaining more supporters, the Decepticons make their move by murdering the non-con members of the council (including eventually the former Prime) and setting up Megatron in his planned place as Cybertron's ruler with Straxxus as the adviser whispering in his ear. This marks the beginning of the true Great War of Cybertron.

The Autobots were originally the Prime's personal officers and guards. (The Prime was the head of Peacekeeping/ Law enforcement, The Autobots could be compared to SHIELD). Optimus was an explorer turned history professor at the iacon archives who was content with his role and in his former naivity, hoped the power shift wouldn't affect him. He was pulled in when after Megatron manipulated him to letting him into the building, the Decepticons proceeded to kill any staff member there who pushed pro-Autobot messages. He then decided to join the Autobots to make sure Megatron's ambition and charisma won't ruin the lives of anyone else.

As the war goes on, the Decepticon's positions weaken, Optimus is nominated Prime, Megatron betrays Straxxus getting tired of being reigned in when his ambition reaches beyond Straxxus' vision, and Cybertron is made desolate and barren. With the planet they are fighting over lost, the Decepticons disappear while the rest of the species find a new home in one of their colonies.

And that's basically it. I think I'm going to have a ship full of Autobot characters following Prime either originally on an exploratory/ diplomatic mission or to follow already audible whispers of Decepticon return with some characters forming the inner circle of Optimus' crew, while other crewmembers also getting their "spotlight" episodes. Like I said way up top, I'm having trouble finding that elusive thing called a "plot".

20. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    A further addition to my previous idea, Megatron, obsessed with the combination tech that gives Prime his advantage impliments a series of experiments, carried out by his mad surgeon Scalpel. The results of these experiments being the decepticon combiner teams: The Stunticons, recruited from Velocitron, the Constructicons of Gigantion, the Predacons of Beast Planet, and the Combaticons of Combatron.

Scalpel btw tfs from a 1950 styled ambulance, into his spider legged bot mode from rotf