The good idea\bad idea thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DerVernichter, Feb 5, 2013.

1. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

So here's how this thread goes (which by the way isn't at all a copy of the "unpopular opinions" thread in any way! No sir!): One person presents an idea he has for Transformers (anything from toys to fiction and beyond). Then another person rates it whether it's a good or bad idea, writing down his\her reasoining if (s)he wishes to, and then writes his\her own idea, which in change gets judged by another forum user! Now isn't that fun!? *smiles awkwardly*

Here it goes:

I think it'd be nice to have a Soundwave toy that can go all GATTAI with his minions and combine with them to reach a super\armored mode. Laserbeak and Buzzsaw could for his shoulder pads, Slugfest and Overkill could for his boots, Beastbox could be his chest plate etc.

2. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    Cassettes for armor? He's gonna look like the crazy dude I used to see around Vancouver with the CDs hanging all over his jacket. Perhaps Soundwave could use his shoulder cannon as a pack of old cigarette butts and whisper all-paranoid-like into the end of it and shuffle around cursing at people.

Gonna have to go with.... barely a good idea. I give it a 6 out of 10 rating, and would still like to see it because the nerd in me wants to see anything TF related.

Now that Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster, and just for the hell of it, Twincast are all vehicles now, and the cassettes are now giant hockey pucks, make the cassettes become the wheels. The permanent wheels could be pretty thin, and push in a couple of spaces to allow for two disc-bots to fit each wheel space. I have my calculator right here, so that's 8 discs in all that they'd be able to carry!

Rate it.

3. SkyJack92

SkyJack92 Dude with too much stuff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Curious, but nice.

My idea of an alternative way of combining Soundwave with his minions was this one:

-Frenzy and Rumble as giant fists (think of Space Marine Power Fists or Generator Rex's Smackhands)
    -Ravage as a jetpack
    -Laserbeak and Buzzsaw as shields (also able to merge with Ravage to form a humongous winged jetpack)
    -Ratbat as a claw-thing similar to Tripredacus's weapon

4. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

The concept of Soundwave fusion with his minions sounds pretty darn interesting, and I like Roller's note of them actually being wheels :lol 

I'd rate it an 8/10. It's a fun idea, but I kinda prefer Soundwave to be not quite as reliant on his minions. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing it :) 

Okay, here's one from me; we've all seen that Grimlock, generally, turns into a T-rex. And that's awesome! But here's a twist; what if it is was his robot mode that was the tyrannosaur, rather than the alt-form? So, rather than a robot that turns into a robot dinosaur, he's a robot dinosaur that can adopt a vehicle mode.

5. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Headmaster Compatible

10/10. I've seen that idea before, and I always loved it. It helps set the Dinobots apart as powerhouses.

This thread has put me in a Soundwave mood. Instead of having mini minions, they (except Laserbeak) would be independant agents in Soundwave's Decepticon Spy ring.

The specific idea is that Rumble would transform from a large vehicle such as a hummer into a lumbering earthquake generating robot while Frenzy would be his Powermaster and transform into Rumble's engine/ parts of his soundsystem.

6. unchained5150

unchained5150 Time to Disappear.

That's an -interesting- idea for sure and one I'd be keen on seeing but, I prefer Grimlock and his ilk to transform into brutish robots. Still, like Roller said, anything TF related I'm game for seeing haha.

I've always wanted to see some kind of third faction given a legitimate take in the story. Not like minicons or MECH; I'm talking more like a mercenary clan or something similar. We have Lockdown, Devcon and the like. Why not expand on that?

7. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    like Thundertron and the Stars Seeker pirates? yes more of those please.

my idea: a new series that heavily features the colony worlds like Cybertron did, however Optimus now combines with representatives from this world examples include......
    Rodimus, from Velocitron, giving Optimus a massive speed boost
    Ultra magnus: from Gigantion, giving him heavy armour and guns
    Grimlock: from Beast Planet, giving Prime a berserker mode and flaming chainsword
    Star Saber: Earth Native Autobot, gives Prime flight and swordsmanship

Later on it is revealed that Megatron and Optimus used to combine, Megatron being easilly the most powerful, but then they parted ways and the war began. at one point Megatron has a nemesis prime constructed so he can reclaim that lost power

8. bookwormdalek

bookwormdalek Gotta get a grip

News Credits:
    That would be an interesting concept. Would they combine Energon Powerlinx style? Anyways...

A star trek/Transformers crossover series. It could be like the Star Wars transformers, only awesomer!

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Oof, I'm liking Roadbuster's idea of Optimus combining with tons of peeps across the universe. I'd give that 10/10 for the sole purpose of Optimus-combining-with-peeps-and-kicking-ass-is-awesome.

And a Star Trek/Transformers crossover? I never watched Star Trek, so I can't appropriately rate it, but it does sound fun :) 

Okay, got another one; in Cybertron's past, the planet was ruled by a unique breed of Cybertronian called the Storm Heralds, due to their ability to wield lightning and electricity as weapons. Living alongside them were Cybertronians who lacked the ability to control lightning as the Heralds could; dubbed 'Rejects', they were the unwilling slaves of the more powerful breed. But eventually, the Rejects rose up and declared war on their masters. Though the Heralds had the initial advantage, since Rejects were vulnerable to electric attacks, the slaves made clever use of specific WMD's to target Herald weaknesses, eventually driving their former oppressors into extinction. The Rejects took Cybertron for themselves, and thus, we have the Cybertron of the present day, all traces of their former masters removed.

10. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

Huh, interesting origin concept. I could see something like that happening, perhaps a rebellion against the 13 Primes?

I'm terrible when it comes to coming up with good ideas, but I'd personally like to see a TV series where the earth lies in ruins due to the Cybertronian war. The few humans that yet live have banded together to fight Autobot and Decepticon alike. General post-apocalyptic setting, I suppose. Maybe the humans have created low-tier mechs or something.

11. KaguyaHouraisan

KaguyaHouraisan TORANS-FORMAAAA!

A new transformers series featuring headmasters.
    A MLP FiM/Super God Masterforce crossover.

12. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    oh gods no. I was thinking Prime would wear the other dude like armour, kinda like RID

13. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Lol, now I want to see a paranoid, hyperactive Soundwave who religiously filters every bit of broadcast and creates one conspiracy theory after the other!

While it might be a bit seedy without some distacing from the core G1 concept, I think that between SkyJack92 and Meta777 we could come up with something awesome! Maybe it'd be a bit too Japanese Super Robotish in fiction, but the toy itself would be sweet.

The wheel idea is interesting, especially if Soundwave could indeed hold 8 minions at once. Even though it would be funny to see someone as graceful and elegant as Ravage being constantly pushed and rolled in the dirt... :D 

@Meta777: Want, absolute want! I used to muse a similar fan character when I was little, he was supposed to be able to transform form T-Rex (with huge murder-canons for arms, of course) to a Lamborini. Don't ask me how a robotic T-Rex toy'd convincingly change to such a sportscar, though!

As for your Grimlock, I'm wonder what a suitable alt. mode for him'd be. A duel-rotored helicopter á la TFA Megatron, perhaps? Or a monster truck? Maybe some gigantic contruction vehicle?

Also, I'd totally love it if his tiny, gimpy looking little arms would actually be immensely strong and dexterious. He'd be operating some incredibly complex consoles and everybody else'd be like WTF?? :lolol 

@Rewind Attack: Hmmm. That idea kind of gets me in a heist movie mood. Niiiiice!

@unchained5150: An independent guild of mercenaries, assassins and spies for hire, accessable to both bigger factions? Sounds cool. Especially if there's a kind of code of discrecy amongst the guildsmen... I mean, bots, something that'd be completely ignored by those of them who'd shamelessly sell out their colleagues to the opposite side they're working for... at risk for arousing the wrath of their guidlmaster. Intricate.

@SG Roadbusster: Could be interesting. At first it sounds a bit too gimmicky (then again, we're dealing with a franchise based upon the gimmick of transformation, so my point is moot), but it could potentially serves as a basis for some good stories. Imagine if not all the colonies would foster a rosey relationship with their mother planet. It'd take real political stunts for the ambassadors to get away with aiding Prime on another planet. I like it!

@boomwormdalek: Well, if you can find an author whose a fan of and an expert in both franchises then I'd be game for it. Seeing how most crossovers turn out, I have my doubts. Still, the idea itself is promising.

As for another idea: how about taking another continuity where Cybertron is yet again wasted and uninhabitable (like Bayformers), and have Cybertron going through a self regeneration progress, develop a consciousness, decide that his former inhabitants are a plague to the universe that must be eradicated, thus becoming a brand new take on Unicron?

14. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    This would be cool to see. Or at least, a third party who simply had a different idea of how to run things.

My idea: Cybertron was once an organic world, with human-esque lifeforms. The Thirteen were the only survivors of a nuclear war on Cybertron, following which Primus intervenes and reformats them and Cybertron into a technological world by uniting himself with the planet.

15. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Headmaster Compatible

@DerVernichter: Sounds really cool to me. Reminds me of one of my scatterbrained ideas (READ: all of my ideas :lol ) that Primus and Unicron would both be sentient programs inprisoned in Cybertron mentally duking it out for control. What Cybertron's landscape looks like would change in small ways depending on who has control.

Another idea from yours truly; Treat the Decepticons as a secret society like the Illuminati. Soldiers and Scientists, Aristocrats and thieves, Barbarians and diplomats all united for the purpose of placing Cybertron on the map as the crown jewel in a galactic empire for the glory of their race. Put the Decept- back in decepticon.

16. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

In my own personal continuity, which I have masterfully dubbed the Metaverse :) lol), Grimlock's alternate form is a tanker truck, specifically this model:

http://static.commercialmotor.com/big-lorry-blog/2010/08/18/D_bumstead 605hp-vactruck.jpg

The tank unfolds into the tail/back half of the body, the wheel frame bit makes the legs, the cab splits apart and fuses with the front of the tank into the 'torso', while his head unfolds from the cab's innards/engine :) 

17. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I can kinda get behind your Grimlock idea, but I would rather save that for a Transformers anime or something.

I like the idea of Mindwipe being a calm and modest psychologist that has an insane addiction for tears. He loves the feeling of someone telling him their backstories and strafes, even if it's just for their sadness. He simply 'gets off'' by seeing people crying because of what happened in the past.

He'll then (of course) use said history of the patient to his advantage and break them not only physically, but mentally.

18. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Rewind's secret society concept sounds cool! I'd rate that 7/10; may take a little while longer for the whole robot-slugfests, but it'd be neat to see how they develop from a secret society to the warmongering psychoes we all love :lol 

Nice idea, Dinodigger! Definitely a 10/10 for character interpretation; I can picture that sadistic sucker Mindwipe drinking the tears of unfathomable sadness from a wine glass.

But I'm curious; why specifically anime for tanker-truck Grimlocks? :lol 

19. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I don't know. When I think "Robot T-Rex that transforms into a giant truck" I think something along the lines of Zoids. I don't know why though.

Other idea: The Dreads being a subcatagorey of the DJD. The Dreads just go after cons who do small things (Fatal friendly fire, leaving someone on the battlefield, so on and so forth) while the DJD go after the bigger offenders.

The Dreads don't kill them, but they just torture them and leave them to die/with major injuries . Ow, and change Crankcase's name to Crankstart. Just sayin'.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The vok are the true creators of the Transformers. Primus will indeed exists hell he's the last line of defence againist Unicron whenever Unicron attempts to destroy Cybertron and its people. but he did not create the Transformers.

The Vok will be more akin to the Guardians of Oa from Green Lantern or the Watchers from the Marvel Universe. They pretty much just sit back and enjoy the show.