The GIMP and making custom Blu-Ray covers help

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Dr Kain, May 18, 2014.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Does anyone here know how to make custom BD covers using a program called The GIMP? I downloaded this thing as I'm trying to make custom covers for my Godzilla BDs (I picked up 22mm multi disc cases) and I have been at this thing for nearly four hours and I still cannot get anything to work. In fact, I just printed out what I have right now as I was told to make the image 3240x1748 and it came out as if I were printing out an insert for the BD and not something that can wrap around the case.

Also, is there any way to just have the program only copy a partial image? Or a way to cut an image out?

2. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Been a while since I used GIMP heavily but there is a free form selection tool, so yes, you can copy/cut a partial image. It may be easier for you to select that area and create a new layer from it. Then you can select which layers that you want visible.

If memory serves, that last time I printed a case image, I printed it from a Word template for DVD cases. (Don't remember where I got it from or if they had Blu-Ray templates, sorry.)