The Generation One Toys Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Pure WIN!

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love the color matching in those pieces, they look so good together.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, I know some of you aren't gonna like this, but I've taken the path of ghoullery. In a couple of weeks I'll have my first ever G1 Red Alert... some of who's parts will swiftly be re-purposed to complete my G2 Sideswipe.

On the positive side though, Red Alert should still be displayable in robot mode after the fact, as he'll probably just be missing a spoiler piece & side windows. Possibly the roof as well, but even if I end up using his arms & feet, Sideswipes old ones will be donated in return, so he'll still be alright.

*hides*

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Shit, people are crazy. I might just have to sell mine at that cost. Shiiiiit.

Get an original then. I will keep an eye out at the NJCC for you. If there is something there in pretty mint condition, and complete, you want me to pick it up for you?

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^^

It depends on what tapes you are after. If you go with the original, you'll just get Buzzsaw; however, if you buy the SDCC set, you could sell the tapes you're not interested in.

Personally, I like the double doors with Soundblaster but not Soundwave. In my opinion, it just doesn't match with the blue/clear like it does with the black/red.

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Overlord plus Dreadwing/Darkwing bros = match made in G1 TF: God Masterforce heaven! :D 

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Thanks! It wasn't cheap though. As has already been said, the dealers were charging eBay prices. At least this way I had the advantage of being able to hold the toys, and inspect things like joint tightness that no quality of pic can tell you over the internet. So I didn't mind the prices too much. You want to cry more? Everything but the monsterbot is 100% complete. The only reason I got an incomplete toy is because the dealer just threw it in with the red Bumblebee and yellow Cliffjumper.

He's actually in pretty good condition. Joints are tight, and the stickers aren't half bad. The only things wrong with him are one loose horn ( it flops about ) and the chrome has some wear. It's by far not the worst I've ever seen, but it's also not the best either. Bought him, with his gun and sword, for only $23.

Thanks! There was a guy with a complete Thunderwing that I wanted to buy as well, but it was $200 and I had ran out of cash by then. :(  I got his email address though. Hopefully he's still willing to deal and also willing to ship overseas. As soon as I get another $200, I'll be emailing him. ;) 

8. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I have an orginal double dealer complete with both little guys but I don't understand why the pic was posted. IS this figure going for a extreme amount of money on evil bay now or something.

9. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I was wondering because I just upgraded mine to a minty one for about 45$ You got a good deal.

A complete Doubledealer runs around 100$ shipped on ebay.

10. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    A few more oldies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Damn you all your crazy rare vintage Japanese TFs and whatnot for making my attempt to piece together a complete vintage Scorponok a lot less impressive.

[​IMG]

EDIT: And that's an old pic too - I noticed the photo has a huge paint chip on the chest that was there before I replaced the whole part.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    This thread isn't just for really expensive toys. It's just a G1 appreciation thread. Any G1 toy can be posted, regardless of value. If it's G1 and you like it, feel free to post pics of it! Even if it's only worth $5.

13. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Nonsense! Piecing together a complete Scorponok IS impressive! Looks nice :) 

Agreed. I think I misunderstood what he was saying... Anyways, this last quote is seconded.

14. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^:lol  noted! ;) 

^rocking! :rock :

^this, guys. So-called ''Junker'' bots and what's really worth personally to a G1 collector are more than eligible to be posted in this thread! :thumb :

15. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    In that case...

[​IMG]

I got the Takara reissue at Botcon last week, and taking him out and putting the stickers on was like going back to '85 when I first bought him at Sears.

I've got MP11, Robot Master, Robot Heroes, Universe 2.0, etc., etc.... and I love them all. But there's something special about this guy that none of them, no matter how fancy or articulated, can touch.

16. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    As it stands, I may just have a G1 Red Alert that could possibly help you out on that end. Hell, might even still have the accessories.

Ironically enough, with the exception of the Scattorshot accessories, I'm most jealous of the Cliffbee and Ladybug.

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    agreed 100% the charm that the g1 figures have and nice quality builds, makes them untouchable

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Agreed.

I REALLY tried to make this clear in the first post. This thread is all about appreciating G1. That can certainly take the form of AFA graded pieces, sealed pieces, or mib . . . but this thread is all-encompassing. There's no "king of the hill" here, nor should anyone come here to try to best another person out. We all share a hobby, and we can all appreciate things here :)  I constantly look into this thread for the photos of the busted up, "war-torn" G1 figures of the day.

Simply put, if you have photos of G1 to post, by all means do so! :) 

19. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Thanks broski. If I remember, I'll bug you down the line once I've stripped this one (I should have it in 2 weeks), and the cycle might continue hah.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I was just gonna suggest it might be cool for people to post some photos of G1 figures that have survived a childhood of play and now sport genuine 'battle' damage.