The Generation One Toys Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Jan 15, 2012.

1. khopson

khopson Well-Known Member

Thundercracker was one of my first Transformers (along with Soundwave). Got both for Christmas in '84.

2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Thanks, HD! :D 

Yeah, he was going for more than double what I paid for those two other Headmasters Brainstom and Hardhead. ah well. :lol 

3. UltraMattimus

UltraMattimus Well-Known Member

Is there significant price differences between Takara and Hasbro MIB Headmasters? I really want to get the Headmasters but they're so expensive complete and MIB. I've only got Hosehead, but the Headmaster is such a cool gimmick that I've only recently begun to appreciate.

4. UltraMattimus

Beautiful photo!

5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    yes, I would think so. I've seen compete boxed Japanese HM's (mint in box , unused) selling for approx 50K Yen and above. So that works out to be about 500 USD? Hasbro ones tend to go for slightly lower prices (say USD 300 per box?) Also, somehow Chromedome is kinda of rarer to obtain from the set of four... wonder why that is? :confused:  A quick Ebay check reveals some limited amounts sold. :( 

Here's an auction for a MIB Japan Chromedome... but the price! :cry :
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Japanese-MIB-C-101-Chromedome-Headmaster-Nice-/251259559470?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3a803c9e2e

6. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    That's basically how I see MP Prowl. My (personal) holy grail.

7. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    WOW!

8. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    Thanks, B. :thumb 

A custom would be the a great way to have BZ without having to worry about the GPS issues... I actually had Encline make me one, but lost interest after it was made so I told him to sell it to someone else.

Thanks, UN. :thumb 

Thanks, WSX. :thumb 

Those HM's are BAD ASS!!!

Thanks, AM. :thumb 

100% complete, but Guardminder's shoulder has a broken piece that can be glued back on... Damn GPS!

I will always love seeing pics like this! :thumb 

Man, I still need a Bumblejumper.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice stepper, think thats the first time I've seen the original out of package lol

10. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Wow, there's been an explosion of awesomeness over the last few pages. Keep it coming!

11. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Where's Bluestreak?

12. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

That MIB Victory Leo a few pages back was beautiful, but also made me realize the only Victory Leo I will likely ever own is the Robot Masters version. . .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Ultra Lagmus

Ultra Lagmus Well-Known Member

Anything in general. It's not as if one box/one price per figure would paint a good picture. I'd love getting multiple stores for each figure or cluster of figures (i.e. each Insecticon is going to be the same price in the same store). I had some gaps in 1987 and I'm strongly lacking in 1988 (surprisingly the Seacons, odd because they seem to be the most popular of the 1988 figures). Any specifically?.... let's see, Ratbat/Frenzy (or any 1986 cassettes. Ratbat seems to get overlooked for some reason), Runabout/Runamuck (just have a KayBee price for them), Gnaw, Doubledealer, several combiner leaders, the 1987 Clones (I'd like more than 1 Menards price), Targetmasters & Headmasters. Any large boxed figure with a price would be great as so many of them have the sticker peeled off. It's always nice seeing defunct stores (Zayre, Venture, et al) or unusual places (Farm Fleet, Osco, Service Merchandise). It gives us a sense of where Transformers were sold at. Some I can't tell due to image quality or the price tag lacks a store name on it. I still record those prices, just with a "???" listed as the place. So far, looks like Service Merchandise had some great deals/charged less vs. other stores, the mirror opposite to Kay-Bee Toys.

Even some 89/90 figures would help to round out G1, provide price context, so we can see which Micromasters were the equivalent to which figures from earlier years in price class and so on.

I've also noticed in general, there aren't too many images of MIB or even empty boxes/cardbacks of 1988+ figures online (even of non-Pretender 1988 figures). 1987 was also spotty. Not many people like the Battlechargers. They have few pics online of their cards. There are way more pictures of Jumpstarters.

I'm also curious about Ravage/Rumble cards. Weren't there some with gold accessories? They were evidentally sold in 1986 as well (of the 1984 Cassettes, Laserbeak got left out, replaced by Ratbat of course) based on the toy catalog insert that came with boxed figures and Hasbro's 1986 toy catalog. All the pictures online show silver and often are pre-rub. It would be nice to see if there were any changes made to the front/back of the card in 1986.

14. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you're lucky i like you sq7...lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Furyan

Furyan Furyanicon

News Credits:
    I vote that this is the best Transformers thread EVAR!

16. UltraMattimus

Here is my Sunstreaker, complete and MIB (with repro bubble). I'm pretty sure he is my favorite of the Autobot cars. if not number 1 then definitely in the top 2 or 3 (I dig Hound and Mirage quite a bit, too). Just a gorgeous alt mode and robot mode. I really like his head sculpt in particular. All around awesome fig, even with the gorilla-esque arms. This particular specimen has nice tight joints and solid paint, chrome and decals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. tilallareone08

tilallareone08 Well-Known Member

Hahah...awesome. Good spotting.

Yeah...where IS Bluestreak???! (original pic)
    [​IMG]

There he is! Alternate pic shows him hiding behind Prime's trailer! The Sneaky devil.
    [​IMG]

1984 dudes with their duplicates.
    [​IMG]

Heres Bumblejumper looking awesome
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1000% agree with this! Sunstreaker is my favourite G1 Autobot car. Just looks superb in both modes. He's the only AFA I own because I wanted a pristine version of him :

[​IMG]

18. heroic_decepticon

heroic_decepticon Cybertronian

stunning photos as usual!
    I see Motormaster and Onslaught has invaded (or integrated) into Autobot City

Very nice collection you got there.
    To me, the Bluestreak toy is my favourite Autobot car (though not necessarily my favourite character) - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards - heroic_decepticon's Album: Bluestreaks!

19. tilallareone08

tilallareone08 Well-Known Member

Sweet pictures!!

Yeah I like them all really.

I never had Sunstreaker as a kid though and he's one of those ones that if you've never seen it, then see it for the first time its like 'Wooah Awesome!" Unlike Ironhide and Ratchet which were incredibly disappointing when I saw them in robot mode for the first time! Heh :)  I do enjoy Bluestreak, Prowl and Smokescreen though. Just not the main window which has snapped off several of my Prowl's throughout the years...causing many re-buys :) 

20. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Superb run of pics by everyone in the last couple of days!!!

Sunstreaker love is more than welcomed by me, can never see enough of that mould.

All the best
    Maz