The Generation One Toys Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Jan 15, 2012.

1. icewolf74

icewolf74 Well-Known Member

This is an awesome display setup. I love it!! :thumbs2: 

2. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I see a very nice error box Optimus Prime there with your grey roller/metal plate toy to go with it,

Very very nice :) 

All the best
    Maz

3. TheShape

TheShape Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So many maxes! Love it

4. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    Hey HD! Did you ever end up getting a US FortMax to go with that box? Or did I read the story wrong on your blog. I love that C-114 box art. I hope he gets reissued next year

5. AMG

AMG Old School

So much awesomeness.

6. heroic_decepticon

heroic_decepticon Cybertronian

Nope, didn't get one. I could easily get one here though, but really, Hong Kong is so small, I don't want to be fighting for space with an extra FM.

The key question is this - would you consider that the lucky draw Brave Max should form part of the Maximii family?
    (you would know that this was a lucky draw C-027 Brave Max that comes in a complete white box with black words (a little like lucky draw Tracks), but has all the normal FM parts in blue that Brave Max never had; also has the sword too).

What do you think? Is that needed to "complete" the Max family?

7. 2punish&enslave

2punish&enslave Starscream's Brigade

Ebay:
    Thanks! If not for your article about it I wouldn't have even known it was special. When I won it I was ecstatic.

Thank you. I really appreciate it!

8. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    For me, having all 3 MIB color decos of Maximus completes it for me. You're definitely setting the standard by having both Jap and Korean release of Brave. I'm not crazy enough about Brave's color scheme to want the LD one for just the extra accessories.

However I would bet that if you came across a LD Brave one day during your travels you'd probably pick him up if the price was right :D 

Btw I visit HK a lot on the weekends to take a breather from work in Shenzhen. Maybe we can meet up in HK some time.

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Anyone see à mp thundercracker, can i pick it up for me, I Will even give à bit extra for your trouble

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    With the '84 class, I don't care for rub signs in my collection, with only a few exceptions (MIB or sealed piece for a good deal passes, but that's about it for me). Otherwise, I'm quite the rub sign fan. :) 

Part of the "family"? Yes. Needed to be complete? NO. Lucky Draws are something of a "bonus" to me. I've never felt the "need" to have one in my collection.

Then again, that's what makes this hobby cool - each person can determine their own limits [to an extent]. For "completing" G1, to me I drew the line with the US releases. Don't get me wrong, I'm a sucker for things like packaging variants and the like (see Maz's articles for some good readin' there :) ), but my collecting is very much determined by expendable cash and space, and they both typically run in much shorter supply than others here. I also don't care to have the '86 versions of Hot Rod, Kup, and Blurr simply because of redundancy in my collection. Cyclonus and Scourge get a pass since they are troop builders to a level. :) 

11. heroic_decepticon

heroic_decepticon Cybertronian

I did actually see one, and for $800 only. Passed on it and now it's gone. F**k.

Yes, let's meet up if you are here. However, my weekends from now till October will be spent on renovating (supervising only) my new place, so weekends are a lot less flexible. I'll PM and let's keep in touch.

I care for pre-rub versions only to the extent that the molding is different (and very often better) than the rub sign version. I don't care about the rub sign itself, either way. hahaha....

For USA and Jap G1, I'm not really only looking at the stuff on the periphery since I have all the main pieces - things like completing key assortment 1 variants, pre-rubs, all molds / colours / factions of mini-spies, etc.

Do you mean the '87 (ie: TM versions) of those figures? Or do you buy the TM versions and consider the original '86 versions a redundancy? :lol 

12. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign None shall stand all shall fall

News Credits:
    What's this I read about not caring for rubsigns?! Blasphemy!

I have really fond memories of rubsigns and I love it when they do rubs on new toys. I'm always a bit dissapointed when I get a G1 and there's no working rubsign on it.

iDD

13. jazz89

jazz89 i'm rockin' moon base 1.

Ebay:
    some of my G1's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yep! I only have the Targetmasters of Hot Rod, Kup, and Blurr. The '86s sans Targetmasters feel like they're missing something to me. I still don't feel my collection is "incomplete" without them, and I have no desire to purchase them, as I've certainly passed on each of them several times.

*HUGS* :) 

15. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    I've always disliked rubsigns, personally. IMO they ruin the illusion that you're holding the character in miniature rather than just a hunk of plastic. And I especially hated it when the rubsign replaced a regular symbol, like on the minibots and the recent RTS line.

Now if it were an Ultraman timer-type thing, that might be fun. "If his rubsign should go out, Prowl will never rise again!" :) 

16. Deszaras79

Deszaras79 I ♥ Brickformers

Catching up on new stuff:
    'Countdown'
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately, no perfect fit. The back gunpod doesn't fit with GalaxyShuttle on the base.
    'Sixknight'
    [​IMG]
    I really love the toy. I can see where the hate comes from, if you compare him to Sixshot, but the color scheme is so nice and I'm a sucker for Beast modes.
    [​IMG]

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    What is that toy on the far right?

18. Deszaras79

Deszaras79 I ♥ Brickformers

19. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Love this crew you got! I wish I had a lot of those figures. Very nice!

20. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign None shall stand all shall fall

News Credits:
    I like how you used the claw-arm with countdown. I'm going to do that with mine right now! Why do people hate Sixknight? He is awesome! I only wish mine came with stickers... Reprolabels never got back to me about maybe making a set :( 

iDD