The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

They posted the ML Bumble & Cliff video on their Takara kids YT channel, not T-Spark. Not sure if that was a mistake or what.

To be clear, I am not saying that I honestly think MPG is dead. I'm just wondering if it will be considered a part of T-Spark or not. And I'm frustrated because I want way more MPG releases to get this collection going already, and they seem to be using resources to start all these other adult toy lines instead.

• Like Like x 3
  2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think anyone is saying anything about what you should or shouldn't do, though. @Superquad7 was merely replying stating that there are collectors really do only stick to MP, and don't like the idea of deviating. I'm one of those types as well, but I don't know that this new direction for TT will actually change anything for my collecting habits. Ultimately, it's just a do what you want type thing.

3. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

[​IMG]

"This just in: Turning 50 (or 49, in the crosshairs of 50) means it is now a legal requirement to STOP collecting. This also just in: the model train, Dr Who and Star Wars collectables industries just overnight lost 95% of their revenue. Now if you'll excuse me, there's a Lego Boarding the Tantive IV set on offer at Walmart with my name on it."

Last edited: May 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
  4. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    The Takara press release specifically said T-Spark is made up of 8 lines total (ant the moment) including the 5 newly announced. The other three are Zoids, Transformers and Diaclone.
    Source: 日報:タカラトミー新ホビーレーベル「T-SPARK」始動!5つの新シリーズが公開! | 超偏見超変形/リベンジ

So yes, ML and MPG should fall under the T-Spark branch of TT. The ML minibot vid being on the other channel is likely a mistake. Even before the rebranding, it would’ve been more appropriate on their other channel.

MPG is continuing as usual, with MP integrated into it. No need to worry @Paco Grande

Of note is that they make the following distinction on the T-Spark website: The 5 new lines are considered “brands”, while the 3 existing lines are “own company products”.
    T-SPARK公式サイト|タカラトミー

Last edited: May 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  5. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wonder how crazy Preorders are going to be next month. I do think the leaker was right and we'll see a Decepticon missing link soon. Bee and CJ just feel kind of meh. I get why they made them a lot of people probably have strong memories of the minibots, they just werent as meaty as an announcement as Prime.

I was hoping a MP Decepticon announcement was coming like Soundwave or Blitzwing, just harder to see them now with all the new stuff on the table

• Like Like x 7
  6. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    The MP line is premium meals served at Michelin star restaurants cooked by the best chefs. Every other line is just fast food.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    What this man said.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    Even Skids?

9. jackisking

News Credits:
    Being inundated with Hasbro this, Hasbro that in the Missing Links thread made me realize why they went from MP to MPG and not the other way around. In the beginning the MPs were a collaboration with Hasbro, as they were separate versions for each company. MPGs signify it is wholly a Takara venture with no input or considerations from Hasbro like everything else under the Tspark umbrella.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    upload_2024-5-18_18-37-6.png

• Like Like x 4
  11. jackisking

News Credits:
    I'm sure someone at Takara reads these boards and laughs.
    • Hasbro will never let them do Misding Links Megatron
    • Harmony Gold will never let Takara, Bandsi,and Big west make a Missing link Jetfire
    • The MPG line is going to reboot the line making bot modes smaller
    • Ginrai is a CHUG, or my favorite "does not look like a masterpiece to me"
    • We"ll only see combiners now, because they're are no MPs
    I know its other stuff that's been echoed the last couple of weeks, but that's a good summary.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    Did you consider that it looks like CHUG?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Even Michelin star restaurants can give people food poisoning from time to time

• Like Like x 7
  14. Kranix_OZ

Kranix_OZ Well-Known Member

Hehe. Well, after getting screwed for a purchase of MP-53 Skids, not once but twice, I purchased a new one last night. I'm excited! My first MP since MP-36 Megatron. Well, I had MP-39 Sunstreaker, but sold him. I think my interest in Super Ginrai got me looking at MP again. I just wish they would re-release MP-29 + Shockwave.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

*fights unmistakable queasiness not dissimilar from being poisoned* :lol 

Like, personal preference to the power of ten, but this animation model has always made me wonder if, well, maybe Floro Dery had a touch of food poisoning the night he drew it. I cannot imagine buying a toy slavishly modeled on this. :2c: 

• Like Like x 6
  16. jackisking

News Credits:
    I could see Ono designing Jazz like Skids and in an interview shouting out Sam at TFW2005 for the inspiration:lol 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    ??? Considering harmony gold/bandai own the original Jetfire figure, he was never actually released in Japan, and they tried to sue hasbro a few years back for a non transforming gi joe crossover? Yeah, no fucking way in hell that gets made.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Onilink

News Credits:
    99% someone gives him a mistransformed Skids (actually the MP one shows the correct toy arms transformations, you have to push them all the way up, lol).
    Funny thing, instructions in Japanese are wrong too (IIRC in the Encore Skids were wrong)
    They made a nods in the MP one, you can rotate the shoulder to have the all blue lowered ones on the front

• Like Like x 3
  19. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Harmony Gold's ownership of the original Valkyrie does not apply to Japan, where it's owned by Bandai. Thus HG sueing Hasbro everytime a Jetfire based TF was released, is not relevant to whether or not TT can release it in the ML line.

Bandai's ownership is. As is that the original G1 Jetfire was indeed not released in Japan, which are indeed two very major strikes against it.

But as suggested, it is possible that TT and Bandai work together, share the work, share a design and Bandai releases it in every colour for SDFM and TT releases it for Jetfire. It's not impossible, but it's also not likely. But then many never expected we'd get a MP Skyfire. I know I expressed the wish for a MP Skyfire back when TT teased a long awaited MP (apparently Sunstreaker was long awaited), and I recall getting some deregotory replies about that, about how TT was never ever going to make a MP Skyfire because of Harmony Gold (and Bandai). It's not the same, but it's also enough to make me think a ML Jetfire is not impossible.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Onilink

News Credits:
    I think it's more a "not a cartoon character" affair, tbh.