The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. SpiderPrime

SpiderPrime Well-Known Member

What is a Megazord style combiner? And how does it differ from G1/Scramble City combiners? IIRC from Power Rangers, there was a core bot, and 4 limb bots, though I could be wrong on that.

2. SpiderPrime

SpiderPrime Well-Known Member

Preach!!! I’d love a Windcharger as I think 3P offerings for Jazz and CJ suffice.

Edit: and are available if you look hard enough. Windcharger not so much, nor Reflector.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd think alts that plug together, and probably 'adjust' rather than transform, and so would have no robot mode at all

• Like Like x 1
  4. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    After watching the Zone OAV (WTF), Dai Atlas is in my low priority list...
    Omnibots never appeared in a media, so i think they're out of the MP table

Yep, only alt modes (Voltron style)

• Like Like x 5
  5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know it's been answered to a degree, but just because I want to be part of the convo; I believe what's being hypothesized is that this AMT Predaking will only be 5 animal parts that combine into the one robot, and not transform individually into separate robots themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the whole purpose of the line is to transform. Also a good chance that what they showed were initial designs depicting the plans for combined mode, that dont account for the individual bots. Something similar to what they do now with Ohshima, where they mesh his designs with what they can actually engineer.

With the new line consisting of guest designers, it would be kind of funny if they simplify things and partsforms the waist and thighs. These projects are very much about aesthetics

• Like Like x 1
  7. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Co-signeth.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree with this. I just don’t need Takara to do Jazz and Mirage and CJ as those have been very well covered recently, I’d rather they work on some of the others and then maybe do them after a few years. They just are releasing these so slowly. I’d feel differently if they were giving us a G1 MP every 2-3 months.

Last edited: May 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  9. jackisking

News Credits:
    People do know most of the collectors in Japan arent buying 3rd party stuff , outside of SS86 Jazz, there's no other toon Jazz or Meister.

Speaking of Jazz is next month finally the month? Should be a new reveal, but with TTS pushed back and the likelihood that several of the Shizouka reveals are probably ready to go, I hope they dont push the next MP announcement back.

Last edited: May 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I am so tired of hearing about T-Sparkles and Takara’s new lines. I could not possibly care less. Why do people think the AMT or whatever it is will fit in with their MP collection? It won’t. Why else would it be a separate line? I would prefer they continue on with only mainline and MP as before. But I assume I’m alone in this opinion because there seems to be a huge amount of excitement about it from people on this board and YouTubers like Wotafa. Wotafa seems super happy about it and made it sound like TT have been asleep all this time and have finally woken up. Personally I find Bandai’s gazillion product lines confusing and I have no idea why TT would want to copy that. But I guess it makes more sense in Japan.

• Like Like x 10
  11. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't have any delusions that AMT will fit next to MPG. And while I am interested to see what they do, it hasn't replaced MPG in my heart as the line I obsess over. But I feel like AMT is where we'll see high-end releases of characters who probably won't ever get MPG figures, and representations of non-Sunbow art styles. I may not buy many of them, but I'm glad Takara is branching in this new direction from a diversity-of-product perspective, which should help their overall financial health.

• Like Like x 4
  12. dljbae

dljbae Well-Known Member

Close. lol. MP line ended one year later.

In one year, I got only mpg 4-6 and mp 58.

That is quite slow… And even slower for those that didn’t buy mpg 1 to 6.

13. jackisking

News Credits:
    Im looking at as anything that gets me more figures. I am interested in the Brave stuff, which is a big part of the excitement. Even if stuff doesnt scale correctly or at all, it'll be nice to see some stuff get some representation. I'm not an IDW fan but a metalbuild like Optimus and Stealthbomer Megatron are pretty solid one-offs for me, Even though its kind of late in the game, its pretty exciting to me to see Takara introducing all these new line in addition to rebranding the MP line and Missing Links

• Like Like x 3
  14. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

I don’t buy much, if anything from the mainline these days, but sometimes a figure or two will get my attention. I really
    only have space for vintage G1, MPG1 and ML. Would I like to see the latter two lines have more output than we currently get? For sure. I do like that I’m able to fill in some holes in my vintage collection in the down time of newer releases. Plus, I hate spending money and it’s a nice pace. Now, if I found out tomorrow I only have a year to live, maybe there’s a tiny little part of my brain that would say “TT never finished the 84/85 Ark crew”. Haha. I kid. There are bigger things to worry about if one were faced with that kind of situation. At this point, I just enjoy what we’re getting and try to play around with each new figure for a while to get the full experience of poses, and cool new transformations. I do wish we’d see certain characters revealed, and checked off, but those are the ones that keep us engaged and discussing the potential for the line. I don’t think it would kill them to do an 84 minibot not named Bumblebee, or a random Reflector. Those kinds of figures bring variety of size to a shelf and it’s one of the things Hasui touched on when Sideswipe was revealed all those years ago. Releasing Jazz might just be the tap-out some collectors are waiting for and they know that. Better to keep us on the hook for a while if they can, for better or worse.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dljbae

dljbae Well-Known Member

Happy collecting all. Hoping the new lines or products keep us entertained or give us something to chat about. Cheers

• Like Like x 6
  16. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I've been saying that for years! All I need is a Windcharger and I'll be done with MP's. I have the XTB version, but it's trash. Fans Toys and Gigapower has helped to fill in the gaps for everything else.

17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The bigger picture regarding T-spark is that Takara now has a dedicated division aimed at developing products for an older fanbase. We, the frequenters of this thread ultimately benefit from this.

Better to do this as a way to compete with their biggest rival Bandai while their cost cutting counterpart Hasbro’s decisions may not match the same goals. We already know from interviews with the Japanese designers in magazines that Studio Series and MPM budget and such were dictated from Hasbro and Generations mainline releases stateside are sometimes relegated to TakaraTomy Mall exclusives in Japan with even some mainline releases being substantially more expensive in Japan compared to stateside for some reason. That tells me Generations isn’t doing as well in Japan and hasn’t been for a few years.

If making a more consolidated hobby division under T-spark helps Takara in Japan’s struggling economy and us MP fans continue to eat, then all is well. Just be patient.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Y'know, we still haven't got a MP Galvatron...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Next up, Takara announces AMT Galvatron...

• Like Like x 6
  20. jackisking

News Credits:
    I think Galvatron is safe, but I wonder if this is what they meant merging the lines to streamline to allow for more releases. I dont expect the new line to focus on scale compatibility, but it would be a hoot if they delivered on the Sunbow Combiners or even Dinobots.

• Like Like x 2