The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    I think so.

As much as I'd kill for MP Cliff or MP Miester, I'm not gonna assume anything till we actually see them due to the lisencing history of it all, but that being said, especially after rotb, this is the highest chances we have.

Big Convoy and Ginrai, there really aren't reasons to doubt, both make sense, especially for the 40th anniversary and lines up with other things like previous MPG leaks and Big completes the Beast Wars Convoys.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought about Rattrap (well, I thought about Bighorn), but then I thought, at no point in twenty years have they revealed four Masterpieces in one go. Three at once is unheard of already. Is that possible, they would reveal four at once? It would have me running for the bomb shelter because clearly the end of the world is imminent...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    What I'm thinking is that for the big anniversary reveal (next month) we're just gonna get one from each line. So MPG will show Ginrai, MP will show Big Convoy, Missing Link will do whatever they're doing next (my guess is screamer) and any other exclusive stuff TT wants to show for their market.

Then the other rumored stuff like Jazz, Rattrap, and Cliffjumper are gonna be spread over the next months normal MP reveal style.

4. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im skeptical, its some other things that have to line up, like a ton of missing ling reveals over the nex few months. Chances are the big convoy at 60 is actually soundwave 2.0 with tapes. Maybe they have plans for MP13Ts, or MP45-c or MP52D,R or T but the that really doesn't seem reasonable. Doesn't really line up with the theme of the anniversary or them reairing the original cartoon.

5. kshaps

kshaps Busting Deceptichops

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Ponyboy Curtis

Ponyboy Curtis Malevolent Taxonomic Anodized Redeemer

News Credits:
    Not to throw cold water on the enthusiasm but let's put some perspective on this. Over the years, my dude Ben and others have been met with pitchforks whenever they brought up the pace of the line and the subject of "completion", or specifically the prospect of that never materializing. Finally noticed a collective change towards the latter part of last year. This time last year, folks were expecting a reveal, more so because of the upcoming 20th anniversary of the line. I correctly guessed there would be a sizeable groan when the first train repaint was revealed. Mind you, that included peeps that were buying the MPG bots.

Feels like the passage of time finally caught up with some people. It was mentioned in one of the MPG interviews that the number of releases was about to increase. I don't know if something didn't translate well or plans changed. See, I don't buy the notion that a movie year sets everything back. The trainbots kept going. Should be obvious given the small number of designers that MPG most likely held up the Beast Wars MP's rather than the movie as some have speculated. The MP team did that Ultimate Primal for last year. Almost fell out of my chair when I read that the MP team also did the Canon crossover figures. Juxtapose that with members posting what they have bought outside of Masterpiece because of the lack of new product. I know some liked the Canon figures, but come on, those threads were like a funeral. Wouldn't those three slots have been better served for... I don't know...an actual Reflector?!?!

I grew up poor, so back in the day I stopped keeping informed with video games beyond the 16 bit era. Almost hilarious watching the retrospectives about the many fumbles from the Japanese video game companies in the 90s. I don't see these outside consumers that TT is trying to appeal to sticking around for the long run, especially at the expense of the people that got them this far. A declining domestic population and being stuck at the hip with Investorbro doesn't help. I'm holding back going further but I've got a couple of great responses for the inevitable "yeah, but" responses.

I can see four reveals but its more like catching up. God Ginrai was expected but it's honestly meh, for some of us. Ditto a carbot reveal which isn't hard to guess who it is. What I mean by that is a carbot is too predictable in the grand scheme of things. It was a fun ride for a while.

9. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

After Riggorous and Green Ratchet at the end of this month, I only have Rhinox and a very few mainline things for the rest of the year. Granted, I do have a few Three Zero items but otherwise no other orders. So, the remainder of this year and next year are wide open for MP purchases.

So, if Takara rats out a few announcements that jump out at me as music to my ears, I'll be able to buy two or three of a specific stylish character :D 

10. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  11. jackisking

News Credits:
    If you go by the still Takara puts with their episodes( character is prominently featured in frame) announcement we're getting at least one of these
    Soundwave
    a Dinobot( showed Slag in all of them)
    Jazz
    a new Ironhide/Ratchet

• Like Like x 2
  12. ThePrime84

ThePrime84 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Slag would be a dream

• Like Like x 3
  13. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

It seems really reasonable to expect these reveals, but after Cliffjumper I'm going to believe that Jazz is coming only after Takara officially reveals him on a day that's not April 1st.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Fairly for God Ginrai, it overlapped in different listings from different sources so I think it’s the most likely of the 3. In addition, Yuki’s initial sketch for Ginrai was publicly shown years back so it wouldn’t be surprising if he’s been working on it all this time.

15. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime!

Ebay:
    I don't think I remember seeing that... Any chance you could share the sketch or point me in the right direction to finding it?

16. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

Man, if we got Slag before Grimlock, and his size was different than MP-08 it would be a big tip off that more Dinobots are coming and they planned on making them bigger. Also, I doubt Slag is in the works but it would be nice to see them tackle those guys.

• Like Like x 2
  17. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

IF an MP Rattrap is in the works, I'm making him a little hat to cover the top of his head. To this day, I still can't figure out why they thought an exposed brain would be a good idea o_O 

If the BW MP is Big Convoy, easy pass as I did not watch the sequels to the original BW.

Other than being another iteration of Optimus, I'm not familiar with Ginrai. Plus, I really am now officially done collecting any more Optimi. So, he would also be an easy pass.

MPs of Jazz and CJ would be instant buys. If doable, I'd buy two or three Jazz and maybe doubles on CJ.

A V2 Soundwave would need to have noticable differences from original Soundwave for me to buy him.

V2 Sideswipe would be an instant buy.

MPG would need to be pretty freaking awesome for me to invest in it.

MPM- Can we PLEASE move on to ROTF? We've been stuck on the 2007 movie for what seems like a freaking decade.

Does Takara still have the MP36 mold, or was it lost/broke?

18. jackisking

News Credits:
    A MP Slag is the kind of reveal they need during the anniversary. They need to do some stuff they simply haven't done before. A headmaster like Chromedome or Brainstorm would also be different enough.

• Like Like x 3
  19. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

That would be a fantastic release!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    A little recap:
    As G1 OP, Missing Link and MP are already served, a God Ginrai will come on MPG so also JG1 has his piece of cake.
    JBW should have his arald with Big Convoy, Rhinox comes out in the anniversary, another BW is a given at this point.
    One of the movie leader could be presented (Rodimus, Galvatron or Grimlock), a new combiner could be a S1/2 one, probably Bruticus, while Jazz was basically teased, also some minibots at this point

• Like Like x 4