The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only four carbots left now... combiners have a home... it's time for Takara to turn their attention to that holiest of holy Diaclone teams... the Dinobots.

I mean I really don't want to be buying MP Dinobots and MPG Constructicons simultaneously.

• Like Like x 13
  2. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

Absolutely! Money aside, there were so many times I wanted to get the Fanstoys but I'm glad I never did. They don't really fit into the cartoon aesthetic. They are very much needed from Takara in all their cartoon glory

• Like Like x 2
  3. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I wonder how big Constructicons would scale in altmode? I imagine you could do alot more all in one wise if they're larger like Inferno lenghth

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    They'd better be. None of this shrimpy Devastator. Takara is going to have a royal problem if their Devastator comes out only a head taller than Grimlock.

• Like Like x 4
  5. jackisking

News Credits:
    :lol 
    To play off if Shin's comment, Ono is real big on altmodes, curious if we got constructions with functioning alt modes. Nobody really thought they were going all in as they were on the Trainbots.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    I say there's a good chance they'll license the Constructicons. They're maybe not as noteworthy as the Trainbots, but with the connection to the old Tomica toys, there's a roadmap in place. And then they'll be functional.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    If Dinobots are on the way I hope they’re Dianaut compatible and have toy color versions in mind, I LOVE the smoky translucent plastic of the original Dinobot toys!

• Like Like x 7
  8. jackisking

News Credits:
    So question about the MPG line, if isn't limited to only combiner, when do they announce their next project? Halfway through Raiden, after the last train? Outside of combiners will there be multiple releases a year like Overlord and some other character for example? Don't know to really look at it, is it something connected to the main MP line or this is truly its on line like Diaclone for TT.

I kind of want to see if something else gets announced to see if the lessened discount is just for this project/line or something new going forward.

9. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

Is it confirmed that it’s something more than combiners? I’m not talking about reflector, I mean teams of five or six members that merge to form a giant gestalt. I haven’t read anything other than speculation about that. Just looking for clarification and something official about it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jackisking

News Credits:
    Nothing official, besides information about Shouki, not much information as what to expect from the line.I don't see how we don't get a full interview in Figure King or some point in the next few months a video with Ono or one of the designers giving the project the Star Saber treatment.

11. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    The Japanese article that mentioned the two year release schedule also reiterated that the point of this line is combiners. I would not expect to see non-combiners in this line.

On the discount front, discounts have been lower than the previously normal 30% range for their Studio Series and other mainline stuff as well. With Hasbro raising their prices as well, I think this is TT’s being clever by increasing their prices without increasing the MSRP.

• Like Like x 4
  12. jackisking

News Credits:
    Think that's somewhat in response to cost will be rising. There's already a plastic shortage of sorts with Gundam. While some of it probably is rising prices,some of it may be smaller production runs. I don't know how involved Hasbro Asia is with this as American stores are charging +$40 over MSRP. Thats a pretty big jump , when domestic prices have been the Yen to dollar conversion.

• Like Like x 1
  13. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Exactly. Costs and prices are rising everywhere. While the MSRP for TT products remains the same, they are likely charging retailers more than they used to, resulting in lower "discounts" for the consumer.

• Like Like x 2
  14. jackisking

News Credits:
    Would it bother you if we didn't see a new diaclone car over the next two years, with the thinking the trainbot releases will fill that spot the cars have in the past? I'm thinking Soundwave/Blaster and repaints will be addressed over the next two years, as well as Rodimus or Galvatron. Throw in coneheads, and possible minibots/triple changers, would people eat not getting the remaining four ,over the 2 years? I've been watching Headmasters lately, I would be suprised not to see Chromedome or Cerebros either. Not really sure how deep they would want to go down the headmaster rabbit hole though.

Also would kind of hope they would reveal the next project halfway through Raiden, while I think Devastator is most likely, Predacon and Menasor would also be kind of likely. Both Titans had unique engineering which could be refined better in a MP especially at a smaller height and it would surprise me to see the Legacy Menasor as a mirror to an MP one.

15. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    Would it bother me... hmm... Well, I haven't really been bothered up to this point waiting for Jazz and Mirage because I've assumed licensing hurdles are at the core of their delay, and I've assumed Trailbreaker and Hoist were coming last due to engineering requirements and increased price, so I haven't been too bothered waiting for them either.

But if they didn't chuck out a Minibot, if they just sort of futzed about with the Trainbots, teased the Constructicons, ran off to do a Headmaster... or worse, went into their patented "Takara radio silence" act where we just don't see or hear anything for months... yeah, I'd be a little bothered. My central need is a complete 84-85 cast, and more central than that is a complete 84 cast, and more central than that is a complete 84 Autobot cast, so if they don't at least give me a Brawn, or a Huffer, or a Gears or a Windcharger to keep me pacified... that's a bit troubling.

• Like Like x 5
  16. KylewithaC

KylewithaC Well-Known Member

who would like to see a new MP grimlock? I do like the one we already have, and I would really like the other MP dinobots. Realistically I don't see them focussing on the dinobots till a couple years after the SS86 ones are sold. But if they were to start releasing some MP Dinobot consecutively, I could see them starting with grimlock in an aesthetic that would match all the new MP dinobots

If they made a new grimlock, I would like to see one with a little more complex transformation. Although his transformation works really well and gets the point across, I do like complex transformations. They are like little Rubik's cube puzzles to me.

• Like Like x 3
  17. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Under Maintenance [-0%-]

News Credits:
    Meanwhile i'm just sitting here waiting for the next reveal. Not sure if it's just me but the wait seems almost on the verge of being due and i'm metaphorically starving.

It's gonna be Sideswipe 2.0

• Like Like x 3
  18. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

That leaked CJ hasn’t even been announced yet and we’ve seen a couple different copies of it surface, which implies they’ve done revisions to it. What’s the latest thing we know about, Skyfire?

19. jackisking

News Credits:
    Nothing yet, I'd imagine Dec/Jan we see a new reveal. Its probably time for a BW release, but we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    Well, the schedule right now looks like
    • November: Skids and Reboost
    • December: Skywarp
    • February: Nightbird
    • March: Crosscut
    • June: Shouki
    Probably no big release before July, then, and I personally wouldn't think they'd follow up Shouki right away with anything, give him a month to breathe. Could be August or later before the next new-mold figure. Skyfire will probably get a long run-up, if he's next after Shouki, they could do the reveal next month for a Fall 2022 release. Also keep in mind Trainbot #2 for October-ish, probably, so the second half of the year is already partially populated.