The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Deruji

Deruji International Traditional 2D Animator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    The Porsche license doesn't seem unreachable anymore, at least when Takara finally confirms the leaked testshots to be theirs.
    So it's only a matter of when, not if.
    Same for Trailbreaker and Hoist. It's just a matter of when Takara gets to them at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Where did they say that? SS86 Jazz doesn't have one and Cliffjumper doesn't look like any Porsche I've ever seen. I mean look at him:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/cliffjumper-jpg.28812621/

3. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s just the common assumption behind why we don’t have those characters or Mirage yet. I mean what other reason would there be? Because Skids and Arcee are so much more popular than they are?

MP figures always get the license when they are pertinent. That isn’t the case for Chug. Even Chibi Bumblebee had the VW license.

• Like Like x 2
  4. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

Sort of off topic, but I was looking at a house listing yesterday and this was a shot of the street. Sure looks like a Chibi Cliffjumper in the foreground of this picture, right? Haha

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  5. Sunbow Prime

News Credits:
    I don't know. To me MP-36 looks more like a real Walther than Cliffjumper does any real factory Porsche but there wasn't a license for it.

6. Deruji

Deruji International Traditional 2D Animator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    I think @Liampope made a thorough comparison of the Cliffjumper toy and cartoon model in the prototype thread.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  7. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully they work something out combiner wise, going through the comments in the Shouki video people want to see:
    Devastator ( duh)
    Menasor
    Bruticus
    Blaster

Blaster has to be in the works, he never shows up in any surveys, but when things are revealed or released, you get post of people saying they want a Broadcast. Menasor is a no brainer due to the cars but its hard to say it will ever get made especially because of wild rider. I imagine the next survey will ask some questions about how they want to go about the combiners, hopefully they’re on the same page we are.

8. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh. I wonder what the reason could be that gun companies aren't licensing out their products to be used as children's toys? ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  9. Sunbow Prime

News Credits:
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  10. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The height of UW Superion is already taller than MPG Raiden at 12 inches or 30cm. The limbs are Deluxe sized too. If Takara made the Aerialbots MP Ironhide’s height and gave them some thick platform shoes, we might get pretty close to that 18” height. Silverbolt will have to be MP44’s height but it CAN work. Not sure about Menasor, but we ARE getting the Stunticons next year with a rumored Commander Class Motormaster. This could be a great proof of concept for the MPG line.

• Like Like x 2
  11. jackisking

News Credits:
    I think I could do 15-16in combiner with minifigs. I'm actually curious to see how Raiden's combined mode works out, for the most part combiners feel pretty garbage, they often feel like a bunch of other parts stuck together instead of one figure. Maybe keeping the size down helps it feel like a more complete figure.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I’ve got a feeling the cartoon consistent MP’s are still going to be the main emphasis in the MP line but that Takara is branching out in different directions to keep the line going and attract newer audiences. We see this with the train modes of the MPG Raiden team and somewhat see it with Skids due to an emphasis on vehicle modes. I think this is supplemental to the line rather than a shift from cartoon emphasis. While all this is going on, who knows, maybe Kobayashi is cooking up some G1 cartoon styled MP none of us is expecting.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only four carbots left now... combiners have a home... it's time for Takara to turn their attention to that holiest of holy Diaclone teams... the Dinobots.

I mean I really don't want to be buying MP Dinobots and MPG Constructicons simultaneously.

• Like Like x 13
  14. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

Ebay:
    Absolutely! Money aside, there were so many times I wanted to get the Fanstoys but I'm glad I never did. They don't really fit into the cartoon aesthetic. They are very much needed from Takara in all their cartoon glory

• Like Like x 2
  15. jackisking

News Credits:
    I wonder how big Constructicons would scale in altmode? I imagine you could do alot more all in one wise if they're larger like Inferno lenghth

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    They'd better be. None of this shrimpy Devastator. Takara is going to have a royal problem if their Devastator comes out only a head taller than Grimlock.

• Like Like x 4
  17. jackisking

News Credits:
    :lol 
    To play off if Shin's comment, Ono is real big on altmodes, curious if we got constructions with functioning alt modes. Nobody really thought they were going all in as they were on the Trainbots.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    I say there's a good chance they'll license the Constructicons. They're maybe not as noteworthy as the Trainbots, but with the connection to the old Tomica toys, there's a roadmap in place. And then they'll be functional.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    If Dinobots are on the way I hope they’re Dianaut compatible and have toy color versions in mind, I LOVE the smoky translucent plastic of the original Dinobot toys!

• Like Like x 7
  20. jackisking

News Credits:
    So question about the MPG line, if isn't limited to only combiner, when do they announce their next project? Halfway through Raiden, after the last train? Outside of combiners will there be multiple releases a year like Overlord and some other character for example? Don't know to really look at it, is it something connected to the main MP line or this is truly its on line like Diaclone for TT.

I kind of want to see if something else gets announced to see if the lessened discount is just for this project/line or something new going forward.