The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. BenLeong

BenLeong Well-Known Member

Preceptor has to be one of the easiest figures for Takara to engineer for MP. I’m surprised they didn’t bang him out already.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Was Perceptor ever available in other colors in the Microman or Transformers toy lines? I only know of the black Transformers repaint called Magnificus, but I don't even know the origin of that repaint. Is it from a crossover comic or something? It's not from the G1 cartoon anyway and therefore I would not be interested in it. But if there is any repaint possibility, then doing Perceptor would be even more interesting for TT. On the other hand, TT still hasn't released a black Nissan Vanette, which would be easy money from the Diaclone crowd I think.

I'm sure we'll get Perceptor one day. It can be next year, but it could also be in five years. TT is full of surprises. Raiden, Skids and Skyfire have proven that once more. I don't think anyone expected those to happen before Blaster, or Trailbreaker and Hoist for example. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride, being glad with every G1 release that we're getting, even with poor Skids. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

The black e-hobby Magnificus is a recreation of the origin of the figure from Micro Change/Microman.

In Micro Change Transformers Perceptor was black and the actual size of the toy. A toy with three modes: robot, microscope and a light emitting tank. The latter could be operated by humanoid toy, a Microman, that formed the base for the GI Joe figures. This is why Magnificus was black and came with such a figure.

(There was also a KO of this Micro-Change Perceptor, also black.)

But that's it for alternate deco's. In the past we might have gotten a Marvel version (mostly dark blue with some red), but that seems unlikely these days. Another option is the colours of the limbs: the thighs and and lower arms were a different shade of blue in the cartoon than the toy, but if this would be enough to warrant a release I doubt.

Thus little repaint potential, but that doesn't seem to be important anymore.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

I am very curious as to why we don’t have a lifeline teal Arcee repaint.

5. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Previously, I wanted this to happen more than any other toon-accurate refurbish, but the upgrade kits to remove the skirts really have made me take to these two guys more than I ever would've thought.

Cell-shading on the chest also helps, but I really pulled a 180 on these two.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. Shadow Fisher kit installed, and I really don't see how you can improve the aesthetic. Perhaps adding articulation etc. but I don't see them itching to do that when they can convince us those figures need that overhaul by doing an articulated Trailbreaker, or something, first.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    One difficult but doable thing I’d like to see is a way to make the chest window completely rectangular. It would really minimize his beer gut appearance.

• Like Like x 4
  8. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

They haven’t gotten to it yet.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

They also have to leave us in suspense. I mean, why else collect if you don't know where the collection might go?

• Like Like x 3
  10. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    In fairness you also dont see tweets saying "Meister and Galvatron and I'm done". I think its a different mindset thats the total opposite of this board.

• Like Like x 4
  11. GearsRollo

Whenever someone says that sort of “X character and I’m done” thing, I kind of just want to reply “thanks for adding 5 years to the wait.”

I swear, it’s like breaking a mirror with Takara.

• Like Like x 5
  12. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Not to knock anybodies collecting habits but I always think people who say that aren't really having fun, it's become more a task than a hobby.

• Like Like x 10
  13. GearsRollo

Man, I couldn’t agree more. It makes me sad to see those posts. I can be really annoying to see a character you have no interest in made, but there’s a fascinating arc of design evolution in this line that few others can most because of the transforming.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Samue1

Samue1 Not to be confused with Sam Witwicky

Just out of curiosity and because I’ve been debating just getting the regular version, does anyone think it a possibility that mp-29+ will be reissued?

15. OCDChad

OCDChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I knew the Masterpiece schedule for the next 20 years I would still enjoy it. I would know when to get in, get what I want, and leave.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I like the suspense, not knowing what we'll get and when. Being surprised again and again by what TT will be releasing this time around. Take Skyfire or Skids for example, which were both unexpected. But I agree, even if I would know the schedule for years to come, I would still enjoy collecting Masterpieces. I even enjoy watching the characters in which I have no interest in collecting, such as Beast Wars. These are all little engineering miracles.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Suspense is not for me. Spoil everything, books, movies, Masterpiece release schedules. I want to know everything that's going to happen before it happens. Few things unnerve me more than being caught off-guard.

• Like Like x 4
  18. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

I have to say, I love checking here for the first time in the morning and being surprised by a figure I had no idea was coming. Skyfire was a pleasant surprise

• Like Like x 8
  19. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be a really nice surprise!

by the way love the avatar pic. Hate the scene tho :D 

• Like Like x 4
  20. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

lol,thanks, I was looking for a change up and I decided on Brawn and this was the most "Brawn" picture I could find. It's just shame knowing what happens next. At least he goes out fighting

• Like Like x 5