The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Mung daal

Mung daal Dancing is forbidden

Yeah, bluestreak was awesome based on reviews I've seen but prowl looks like a major disappointment, they could've included extra faces, smoke effects that go into the mouth chest and back, and some other episode specific accessories that everyone forgot about, plus he was still hollow and greebley in some areas like behind the legs.

2. Mung daal

Violence is always the answer you fool.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Megatron? Is that you?

• Like Like x 2
  4. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Plot twist, they pushed the seekers out, because Jetfire is due early 2022:eek: .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mung daal

Nah, jetfire is probably june release, early 2022 is probably for Soundwave v2 and thrust v2.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I look forward to January 2022 when we still haven't heard another word about Skyfire and everyone starts speculating he's been canceled.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I can't wait for Insecticons or Reflector but I think Soundwave V2 will be first.

Like many have speculated I'm wondering if we are getting 3 seekers this year because the MP designers are busy with other figures like Raiden or Skyfire.

• Like Like x 6
  8. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

This. It’s a really easy way to fill out ranks with three of the top Decepticons while working on new characters. Likewise, doing a V2 of Soundwave would fill out even more of the ranks with the cassette characters. I’m interested to see what the engineering is going to be like on new versions of them. I was blown away by what TT did with the first versions, so I can’t wait to see what they do next.

We know a Blaster had to be in some stage of development or consideration after getting that Steeljaw(?) repaint, so I think they maybe went back to the drawing board to tighten up a few aesthetic choices to bring him more in line with the change of direction. I could see TT showing off Soundwave V2 and Blaster for 2022. It seems like they’re working on several things and that’s my speculation. What a year that would be. Throw in a carbot from 1984 or an insecticon and I don’t see anyone complaining about that.

• Like Like x 5
  9. RetroElectro

RetroElectro Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

So the MP G1 releases this year look to be:
    V2 Starscream
    V2 Thundercracker
    Skids
    Reboost

MPM: Another Optimus and Bee

BW: Umm, is this their 2018? :eek: 

11. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

I’m honestly surprised we still haven’t seen Blaster. They must have don’t a total 180 on whatever work had already been done. Combo of changing line aesthetics and some design problems would be my guess.

• Like Like x 3
  12. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Steeljaw repaint was to date the biggest fake-out we ever had in this series. I agree with the notion that they must have abandoned what they had planned with Blaster. I'm sure we will probably never know but I think the redesign must have been significant. I'm thinking MP-10 compared to MP-44 type of differences. The timing is curious because if I am remembering correct they came out around 2017. That would have been around the time of the reboot for the line, toward the more toon aesthetic. They probably knew at that point that Soundwave would have to be redone in the near future. I totally believe that their announcements will not be fair apart from each other, and that includes their tapes.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Mung daal

Man, mp overkill, and slugfest would be the bomb, I slobber just thinking about how these new cassettes could turn out :drool: 
    340-2.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  14. Olfio

Olfio Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    We also have Skywarp in December, Robot kingdom started the pre-orders.

• Like Like x 1
  15. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

To me, I could take or leave these two. They weren’t really memorable on the show if I recall, but then neither was Skids. It would be cool for other people to get them for sure.

16. Mung daal

I believe both are due next year Soundwave being a march 2022 release since shockwave came out march 2016 and megatron came out march 2017, and as for blaster I'd imagine a late 2022 release, and the cassettbots and trons would probably be spread out throughout 2022 and 2023.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Normally I would say Blaster before Soundwave v2.The Jetfire announcenent kind of blew things up, so I wouldnt be surprised if instead of prioritizing those 2 they go with Percy and Blitwing. Jetfire has me thinking after the SS86 dinobots are out they'll turn some attention to them MP-wise. I wouldnt be surprised the real reason the mp designers worked on mainline stuff this year was ground work for future MP development.

I find the idea of a Rodimus similar to the Kingdom one interesting, where his trailer is actually functional and can hold a carbot as well as the integrated mobile turret. Also like the idea of his cab being a "muscle car "Hot Rod on steroids.

18. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats and extremely jammed packed release schedule. Remember we still have to fit Jetfire in there somewhere, and probably Raiden. I'm not saying it won't/can't be done, but that is an awfully lot of larger sized MP's all in 12 months.

• Like Like x 2
  19. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

Unless Jet/Skyfire isn’t slated to come out until 2023. I think a v2 Soundwave is coming sooner than we think, but that’s just my hunch. Nothing official to base that on.

• Like Like x 2
  20. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah we haven't seen any design sketches as of yet for Jetfire. I'm really wondering what is going to be inside the Generations book now, especially in term of the interviews that do sometimes. Hopefully we get a pretty good info dump.

It's crazy because 6 months ago I really didn't think V2 Soundwave wouldn't have been out for a few more years (5+). And now I am interested to see how and what they are going to do differently than V1, and the possibility that we will get an answer to that in the next few months.

• Like Like x 2