The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. dljbae

dljbae Well-Known Member

I missed the later transformers shows of victory master force etc. is the height of raiden and devastator supposed to be the same bc they faced off against each other? Similar to omega supreme and dev? Or no correlation.

2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Going thread-diving, I find that a Skyfire rumor started in late October 2016, and on November 7 our own late lamented TCracker said he could "cautiously vouch" for it. Crazy to think that they could be the same Skyfire, already in development over four years ago and just now reaching a stage where Takara feels comfortable confirming they're working on him.

• Like Like x 5
  3. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wonder what shifted in getting Arcee,Skids,Jetfire,and Raiden on the meni. Is the line doing well enough in their eyes they can venture outside the lines they've sort of set. Springer is still left field,but it seems the stars are aligning on some of the others especially Blitzwing and Galvatron.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I haven’t seen those shows either. I’m just going by artwork I’ve seen of the two of them plus the fact that they are both originally Diaclone combiners. For me personally I would like to see all of the combiners at a similar height. Maybe not exactly the same but pretty close.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Combiners are kind of tricky because the shows tended to just make them the same size as each other, but their component parts vary in size so much. Menasor and Defensor should probably be significantly smaller than Superion and Bruticus when you consider that their sum parts are one truck and civilian-scaled vehicles vs. five jets or a tank (or space shuttle) many times their size one-to-one.

That said, mass displacement covers a lot of sins. I’ve always felt that Devastator and Predaking should be the same size as Omega Supreme at the upper end of combiner size, and the others be two smaller bands beneath that.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just picked up a misb mp-36. Super excited, got it for a decent price. Looks authentic, has all the box hallmarks. Seller said it was from tfsource. My question is, was it normal for these to be double taped? Both tapes are doubled.

557C899E-3E42-43BF-ADA0-A970AF81333A.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Double taping is fairly common on TT MP products. It’s safe to assume it’s real.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah i figured it was real. I was more wondering if it wasn’t new as advertised and had been resealed. But figure it might be common. Thanks!

9. HolyCulture

News Credits:
    I think it’s safe to not ‘speculate’ about a new MP Megs lol

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say we're more likely to get MP Cliffjumper before we get a new MP Megatron.

And we already got MP Cliffjumper.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I just notices MP Skids deco is very toon?

Do you think he gets a + toy deco? I think I would prefer that along with the toy headsculpt instead?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mung daal

Mung daal Dancing is forbidden

Soundwave v2 when?

• Like Like x 1
  13. jackisking

News Credits:
    the toy+ will be the diaclone repaints,that's about as close as that will probably get.

• Like Like x 3
  14. HolyCulture

News Credits:
    Maybe today

• Like Like x 4
  15. Mung daal

Soundwave v2 is probably getting reveal in an hour

• Like Like x 1
  16. HolyCulture

News Credits:
    I understand you’re joking but your initial question is just so farcical. No one here knows when something is getting announced. So just asking “when’s Galvatron coming?” is impossible for anyone to really reply to.

here’s a sincere answer: Maybe next year. With Seeker remakes happening all this year, and with several big releases like Raiden and Skyfire revealed so far I think it’s at least a year before a Soundwave 2.0 is even announced.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mung daal

Lol sorry, since this is a speculation thread I think dinobots could be coming soon, hopefully 2023 at earliest.

18. jackisking

News Credits:
    If they keep with more simplified designs/scale back on some accessories with the idea of putting more out, there's a good chance we get more than a Dinobot but a complete set in the future. I'm not totally against Skids as some people are,but if we're only get 1 or 2 releases a year,then yeah I want them to pull out all stops, if they looking to increase releases I have less of problem,especially if they stack that stuff in accessories packs or with the repaints. Arcee is fairly simple in design and Starscream looks to be much simpler than Prime or Megatron, so they can still keep a reasonable degree of accuracy, articulation, and still maintain the ability to look dynamic while toning down the designs. Maybe the choices of Raiden and Skyfire are pointing in that direction,they're pretty bold choices when for the last 16, 17 years you've bet on the safe release.

• Like Like x 1
  19. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    I want more minibots, man! Season 2 especially!
    I love the speculation that an MP Skyfire could be used on the back of future MP Minibot boxes to show cross-compatibility, in the same vein as MP10 was used for the longest time.

• Like Like x 7
  20. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

I bought Kingdom Warpath to put with my season 2 guys. I know the scale is off, and that would bother some people, but I’m just gonna roll with it for now. I don’t remember what I read the other day (maybe an interview about Raiden?) where one of the TT designers mentions how they have a lot of characters they could still do and says minibots are basically untouched. I thought that was a cool nod in the right direction even if it was an innocuous comment. It shows, they’re at least willing to bring it up in interviews and fans know they know about certain groups we want.

• Like Like x 2