The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

So, we can say that the divisive lineup of this year are the seekers v 2.0 and Skids? Then we will have the BW MP and Bee Prime + Camaro77 Bee, for the other slots

2. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Don't think that qualifies as divisive, 3 seekers and Skids in 6-7 month cycle is actually pretty good. What it is for me sadly is boring. Dragging out the full reveal for Skids with the design change basically ties up the rest of 2021 before it even really started. The only ray of sunshine left is the anniversary of the movie meaning we should be getting either a new Rodimus or Galvatron finally and hopefully Raiden being out of limbo

• Like Like x 1
  3. jackisking

News Credits:
    Time to ressurext this thread. Figure King she ve out in the next 7-10 days, so we should finally get a look at a colored Skids. Of other somewhat importance are the reveals of Kingdom Rodimus and Galvatron both figures that need a MP release. Kind of think we'll see Rodimus first, that altmode could have been better with just paint apps, that they decided against, maybe because a more perfect MP version is coming.

• Like Like x 2
  4. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

Of course I’m down with new MP reveals but I think Takara pulled a judo move on us. They can claim we have 4 new MPs already coming but 3 of those are all from just the one new Starscream mold. Skids can be squeezed for 4 variations too. We might not get an all new MP for another 2 full years. Kidding of course.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

It looks like MP Skids is on the cover of the Generations book coming out in May. That doesn't mean he will have pages inside for sure but I'm hoping he does. Along with Arcee, Tigatron and Starscream. If he is in that book I would assume Takara will be showing a painted prototype before then. Hopefully in the March or April Figure King.

I was still hoping for Raiden or someone else shown this year but I'm losing hope. I hate to be a pessimist but I've been really enjoying the CHUG figures lately and I can't help but wonder if Takara is winding down the MPs and replacing them with CHUG figures that continue to improve every year. I hope not!

I'm really liking the Kingdom Galvatron so far and I'm still hoping that his engineering is loosely based on an MP in the works. :thumb 

• Like Like x 3
  6. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    On the topic of Figure King, it's a bit late this month.
    Release date is the 27th.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    #ReleasetheFigureKing

• Like Like x 7
  8. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

It was @Phamduc to say that the MP lineup could be divisive and expensive, right?
    So i throw in another theory:
    People could stick with the excellent Kingdom/Generation figure, because the MP lineup is centered on Galvatron/Rodimus/Cyclonus/Scourge (so all Season 3 Mp + more affordable figure already on the market).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was it ever said for sure if the "divisive" comment wasn't just referring to Skids being in this retro Hasui-era style? Because he is definitely having a divisive effect, from what I can see. Half the people who got out of MP over the slavish cartoon style are on board again, and half the people who love the slavish cartoon style are defiantly insisting that Skids is just a one-off and not indicative of a return to the old ways (and they say this without being 1000% sure it's true).

• Like Like x 4
  10. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    I wonder if the decision to put out Thundercracker v2 and Skywarp v2 so soon after Starscream v2, and releasing Skids this year are in part the result of how TT is dealing with issues relating to the pandemic.

A series of repaints and a new release with simpler tooling might be less challenging to produce than what they may have originally been planning to release before the pandemic hit and impacted labor, transit, etc. Just some random speculation.

• Like Like x 1
  11. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

I’ve wondered this as well. I also wonder if the decision to do Skids was due to an easy license and the anniversary of the Honda City, while still trying to iron out something with the usual hard ballers. I’m still not sure why they avoid groups like the insecticons, minibots or something like reflector. Unless they put out a reason, I guess we may never know. Filling three big spots for the Decepticons is still nothing to sneeze at. I’m super excited about getting all three seekers in such quick succession. If they’re looking at version two of anyone, I’d love to see Soundwave and the cassettes. I think they’re sort of inevitable, really.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Agreed!

I heard a rumor a few years ago that they were working on MP Insecticons and deciding whether to release them individually or as a three pack. I hope it was true and that we’ll see them soon.

As much as I love the existing MP Soundwave and pals, an updated version would be awesome.

I’m also really hoping they make a Sideswipe v2, he needs an update real bad.

• Like Like x 7
  13. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

You know, this is gonna be of no importance to some people, but the human characters have never really been done in a good scale. On the one hand, they should probably be about the size of the spike that came with Hound. However, if we scale that to Rumble from the scene at the Hoover dam, that probably makes rumble and frenzy too small. I think the almighty 10 commandment scale chart even shows rumble being about human size. I also don’t think we’re ever going to have a 100% totally correct scale across the board. What size would insecticons come in at? Bumblebee’s size? That seems about right to me.

• Like Like x 3
  14. jackisking

News Credits:
    you got the anniversary for the movie in Japan and the BW anniversary, the may just be planning for a fairly large 2022, using the seekers and Skids to fill slots for the year. I think Skids will probably be it for 2021,but we should get some reveals by June or July hopefully going right into the beginning of 2022. I think one of the two leaders will be revealed by the end of the year.

• Like Like x 4
  15. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

I would be SO VERY IN for Insecticons and for Reflector. The Decepticon shelf needs those troop builders to really make the rest of the non-combiner cast filled out.

Given how often Takara has played jump rope with that chart, I think we'd need to get a new round on Rumble/Frenzy before we could reasonably figure out how big people are supposed to be (and I have to admit, I am decidedly in the don't care about the flesh-bags in the context of Transformers camp), largely because if Rumble is supposed to be about a head taller than a full-grown, average human male, we've got problems.

if Optimus is, irc, 36 feet tall standing a little shy of 10 inches with MP-44, and Sparkplug is, let's be generous and say 6 ft to make it easy, Sparkplug would end up being around 2 inches or less as a toy. I know the heights have been all over the map, but it just doesn't seem feasible to make that size ratio line up if we put any faith whatsoever in size charts that try to match transformer heights up against humans.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    And the latest rumour.... MP Skyfire!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As well the Raiden is still alive.

Although either he or Skyfire will be UT Devastator height. Don't know for absolute sure which one cause Twitter translate sucks half the time.

18. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I don’t even want to think what MP Skyfire would cost...

• Like Like x 1
  19. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

MP Skyfire would be awesome !

I think the size could be something like MP Star Saber

• Like Like x 1
  20. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I caved and preordered Super7's Thunder Tank today and told some buddies of mine that since I did that, the MP Raiden preorder should go live any minute now. Twenty minutes later, while not a preorder, we get word about MP Raiden, first Skids repaint, AND a possible MP Skyfire? I guess... y'all are welcome? haha!

• Like Like x 12