The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. crazyman

crazyman Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Basically, MP11 was a retooled MP3 so it seems TT sees MP11 as v1.5 than v2. MP52 is a completely new mold.

Imagine they announced a new Sideswipe, it's gonna be a v2, not v3 cause Sideswipe+ is just a retool (though MP11 had much more done to it compared to most of the + line).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Enterlaw

Enterlaw Well-Known Member

Woof - how to unpack this?

I don't know, a remold is a new version. Even if only tweaked and not wholesale rebuilt from the ground up, it's still a new version. And here are the reasons:

1. I had to buy it. Ok, ok, no one held a gun (or "gub" if you're a classic Woody Allen fan) to my head, but it's different, updated, and therefor a new version. It's not exactly the same as that which proceeded it.

2. Sideswipe isn't the same as Red Alert. Red Alert had slightly different molding and different coloring. They're not the same, they're different. But, ok, that's not enough because it was only the shoulders, accessories which were different? Ok, so all the MP Prime's were different, right? What %? I mean, some of the transformations are wildly different, while others are quite similar - the cab mostly ends up as the chest, etc. Same as with Starscream. What's the magic % line of difference that switches an item from "a tweak" to "a new version?" Like, on one end, you have, say, a production tweak; let's say an item has weak connectors or something, and TT realizes it and puts better plastic or whatever in the next batch. The transformation is the same, everything is the same in engineering, it just works better because they addressed a parts issue. Ok, so that's not a new "version" because it's essentially the exact same. To me, though, once you start adding the ".X" numbering, it's a new version. So MP v. 1.5 only had SOME differences, in the legs, etc. while others stayed the same? Still a different version. Right?

Maybe I'm making this more convoluted, but it seems clear cut to me.

3. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Please don't...... There have been MANY arguments about this, posts deleted and general mayhem in the Starscream V2 thread (which used to be called the Starscream V3 thread until the official name was revealed as V2). :) 

The fact is that Takara is putting V2 on the box so that's that. Many people agree with you but not TT. :) 

It's more complicated than usual because MP-11 is based closely on the original prototype for MP-3 before it was changed. So MP-3 and MP-11 are very closely related and Takara sees them as being the same design overall.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    2F2B7F52-3CD6-4B1B-8CCB-F04291E633C9.jpeg

What I think of every time I see yet another argument for calling it v3 over v2 (must be over 10 times now)

• Like Like x 8
  5. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

All I know is I was all about buying Starscream v3...I mean, ALL ABOUT IT! Then I found out he was actually only v2...and you know what? Nuck that foise! This guy is now a PASS!

• Like Like x 5
  6. Enterlaw

I know, right? I already BOUGHT a v.2

• Like Like x 2
  7. Enterlaw

Oh god, am I going to have to re-purchase all the seekers again?

GUH.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Deruji

Deruji 小説家と翻訳者とアニメーター

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    MP-03 is Starscream
    MP-11 is New Leader Starscream (New Emperor of Destruction Starscream)
    MP-52 is Starscream Ver. 2

• Like Like x 2
  9. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    MP-52 is Star Cream v2.
    There, fixed it for you.
    Don't know why Star Cream v1 was never released...

• Like Like x 2
  10. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  11. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Pretty sad state of affairs, when the G1 MP thread is 5 pages back.

It makes you wonder if Takara even has a set MP release plan beyond V2 Starscream, or if things are still in chaos due to covid.

12. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Arcee’s out in a month & Starscream’s out next July. We’re fine. It’d be nice to have leads on what’s after but chances are we won’t have another G1 till fall or end of year 2021, so we likely won’t have another reveal till Feb or even spring. Biggest surprise to me has been no Tracks+ or Hot Rod+ as of yet.

• Like Like x 10
  13. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    Remember back in 2018 or 2019 when people were seriously speculating that the MP line was dead? I think the line's just hit a dry period at the worst possible time.

• Like Like x 5
  14. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Starscream is 7 months out, right now they're showing off their kingdom /SS86 stuff, and the next release is probably BW, so I'm not really expecting something till Feb. Maybe if they plan to reveal something about Raiden in Feb, we might see some line art or something in FK working up till Feb.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm expecting Tracks as a plus release, maybe even with smaller wings, but I don't see them doing a plus release of Hot Rod anytime soon. I'm expecting them to do a Rodimus Prime before that. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking. ;) 

I hope we'll get a reveal before Starscream is released, so that we know what we can expect for the rest of 2021. As long as it's G1, I'll be happy. If it's not G1, my wallet will be happy. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  16. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SS series gives me some hope that Jazz could be a possibility. Still after a bigger piece like Screamer, any missing carbot would be a more affordable way to end the year.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Dean ML

Why no Hot Rod+, brother? Proper pink deco, bigger toon insignia, new head w/swappable faces, maybe even blast effects for his exhaust guns - we need it!

• Like Like x 6
  18. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Oh yes, a Hot Rod+ is definitely needed @Dean ML! I'm just not expecting TT to release him anytime soon. He already had two releases, the second being the AKOM deco with Targetmaster. I don't see them doing a third now. In the future, yes, but not soon.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Dean ML

Hope you’re wrong, brother! Wheeljack, 21 Bumblebee, & Sunstreaker all got three. Sideswipe & MP-10 got more than that, so I think it’s possible.

• Like Like x 6
  20. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Yeah, I dont think well see a Hot Rod plus Onishi did the studio series after working on Mp-28. Seeing what he did with SS, pretty safe bet they'll call is number on a new one in the next few years. If not a new Hot Rod we need another 2010 autobot to follow Arcee's release.

Looks like with Arcee and Starscream, they may have heard some of the complaints of being too complex and went back to the Inferno and Hound well versus the Sunstreaker and Optimus well. Variety is good. Maybe they get the BW release out of the way this month, so we can get hyped for February. I'm thinking when they're ready to show something about Raiden it will probably be similar to the Starscream silhouette.

• Like Like x 3