The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    And don't forget on the back of MP-14+'s package was him standing next to MP-10 ;) 

[​IMG]

But no I don't really believe this theory :p 

I do believe a new Ironhide is a possibility, it's almost like they intentionally gave him and Ratchet non-toon insignia for a weird reason.

At this point I'm definitely expecting a Deep Cover to only come from v2 Sideswipe, so the same could be true of black Ironhide.

I wonder if they'd engineer it so that Ironhide is an all-in-one and Ratchet has a separate sled that detaches for transformation?
    Feel like they'd have to do something to make it different enough, to 'warrant' it (though maybe just tying it in with an anniversary like they did with Prime and Starscream is enough)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Wait! On the back of 19+'s box is.....

[​IMG]

Tracks! And we have been expecting a + version of him. Dayummmmm :eek: 

• Like Like x 8
  3. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    you may be on to something detective!

• Like Like x 3
  4. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    It's always this photo that bugs me
    1588219801-masterpiece-spinout-08.jpg
    Maybe two different red lambos was their thi king , but they only show them in bot mode. They easily could have compared all 4, just makes me go hmmm.

If orders don't go up by the 15th, I'm thinking I guess we're looking at probably an April/May release for Statscream. Guess they must plan on announcing some reissues maybe mp36 and 47( hopefully) and there's most likely going to be a mall exclusive before then. Maybe black ironhide or the Hound repaint they've been planning for.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

@Sam , you know this theory holds water! Tracks+ confirmed!

@jackisking , that's definitely an odd pairing, unless they were trying to show what we came to know as Sideswipe along with what was originally intended to be Sideswipe? (Sideswipe was originally going to be the red "Sunstreaker" and what we now know as Sunstreaker was originally going to be a yellow "Sideswipe").

This photo also sadly shows how careless TT has gotten with their posing/transformations in official photos. Spinout's inner boot panel is angled in, Sideswipe+'s upper/outer boot pieces aren't transformed and the windows in his backpack are a bit mistransformed. Makes me nervous for Starscream 2.0's official pics. I already love him based on the silhouette and schematic drawings, but there's always a crowd of posters who interpret an unflattering photo, pose, & mistransformation as a shit figure.

Anyways, can't wait for Sideswipe 2.0! ;) 

• Like Like x 8
  6. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

ìӀӀմʍìղąէì çօղƒìɾʍҽժ

Well based just on the silhouette Starscream is already carelessly posed:

[​IMG]

One of his intakes isn't pushed forward :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 9
  7. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    This would bring me great joy!

• Like Like x 5
  8. jackisking

News Credits:
    oh yeah can't forget the posing it's not that flattering for Spinout but Sideswipe just looks bad. A new Red Alert would look pretty sweet with a new Starscream. I'm thinking black Ironhide, because of an old diaclone commercial. That and diaclones were relatively expensive 1500-1700 yen compared to the $6-8 dollars we payed for the transformer version. I'm guessing Jazz has always been a big deal he basically had his own diaclone commercial,

• Like Like x 3
  9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I’ve heard nothing of this from sources but due to my tempered expectations I’m expecting the MP-44 rerelease to lack paint, Starscream parts, the voicebox and I’m 50/50 on expecting either retooled/fixed MP-44 knees or the bandaid retool applied to MP-49.

There is a very easy way to cross sell this with the mystery MP so maybe by the time MP-44 is rereleased, the mystery will reveal itself not long after. Or maybe before.

Just hope Takara fixes things instead of just releasing stuff as is by the time they get to it.

• Like Like x 5
  10. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cross selling, eh? Hints...

• Like Like x 3
  11. BrutiKing

BrutiKing Solidworks noob.

News Credits:
    Ya like Jazz?

• Like Like x 6
  12. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Given that the most associated characters with OP are Megs (nope, 36 is top notch), Bumblebee (v3? o_O ), Elita-1 (not yet...) and Jazz as his #2, I think I might be persuaded :D 

• Like Like x 4
  13. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I don't understand the reasoning that a rerelease would include less parts. Where does that come from? We've never had a single rerelease where they changed the contents of the package. Agreed, they might not have a knee fix better than the one they did for MP-49, but they're not going to remove the Starscream parts or the voice box. I'd bet my entire collection on that.
    I'd say it's pretty unlikely they won't include paint for an MP-44 reissue as well. Maybe only on the yellow pelvis details, since it looks like they've changed things around so that they can be moulded in yellow instead. Even then they could still paint them yellow (and paint chips would simply be less visible).

• Like Like x 11
  14. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

100% agree in regards to a 44 reissue, @Sam . What do you think will change parts/accessories wise if we're talking about a + toy homage release?

I think they'll leave out:
    -Battle damaged head & oblique piece
    -Spike, Carly, & Sparkplug
    -Ax
    -Starscream parts
    -Jetpack

I think they'll include:
    -Rifle (duh!)
    -Trailer/Roller/Gunship
    -Fuel nozzle
    -s1 & 2 heads
    -Blast effect (maybe)
    -Matrix
    -Toy head

Not sure about that clear adaptor for the Dinobot stand.

I also think 44+ would be fully painted and I cannot wait to see it! I won't be getting it, but I'll sure as hell enjoy it vicariously through all your awesome photos!

• Like Like x 6
  15. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    Rodimus Prime it is! Lol.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think you're right on for the list.

I think they'll include the matrix because it'd be weird to have an empty chest, but maybe they'll make it fully chrome to homage the first ever matrix in toy-form:

[​IMG]

I expect in many ways the release will mirror MP-36+. So that means like you said they'll include the trailer, Roller, gunship and of course the toy-accurate hose (they could've simply saved that for this release if they'd wanted!). No axe because Megatron didn't come with his mace (despite the Book Collections G1 versions of both coming with those weapons).

For the blast effects, I'm not sure. MP-49 didn't include two, because the only thing it was compatible with that he included was his gun. For MP-44+, they could still include two (to use with the gunship), or maybe they won't include any since they won't include the axe (and they may be on the same sprue set since they're made of the same material).

Along the same lines of mirroring MP-36+, I think MP-44+ will have some bare plastic. Since the original toy had red paint on his chest (because it was diecast), I think they'll make all the red parts painted. But I could definitely see them making the blue unpainted (and I'd be fine with that).
    Hopefully they'll chrome up the entire pelvis and thighs, that'll look incredible.

I'm most curious about what new parts he could include, apart from the toy-accurate head. New forearms without the arrows? A new gun?

• Like Like x 5
  17. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Dear Takara,
    If you announce G1 MP Jazz as a cross promotion with an MP44+, I will gladly buy freaking MP44+.

What? My fingers are crossed as a solemn pledge. :cool: 

• Like Like x 2
  18. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I wouldn’t be too surprised if they retool the entire front of the cab. They could make the windows and grill more realistic. They could even secure a license if they felt they wanted to. And the entire cab would make for a different backpack more flush like the toy.

everything else sounds flawless.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    How do you keep the 35th anniversary branded release of MP-44 special? By keeping certain aspects unique but not including them in future releases.

Again, just speculating by my tempered expectations, I haven’t heard anything about an MP-44 rerelease.

20. jackisking

News Credits:
    I guess my question is what's going on with Cliffjumper? There looks to have been some fire with that smoke.

What's up with Raiden? If we're seeing line art of anything it should be him. I don't think people would be as critical if a release like that was teased.

I guess my new reveal high is coming down:( 

• Like Like x 2