The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I’ve come across 2 types of sources before at different moments, as of late, there’s an additional type that I’ve come across. We’re for 2 for 3 at this point.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As in, 2/3 sources have confirmed this mystery character?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    Agreed on all points. On the subject of paint etc., Tracks stands out as one of my most solid MPs when it comes to his finish - even after years of posing and multiple transformations, it’s still holding up without any noticeable wear. A quick dust off once in a while and he’s like new.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

The master of riddles returns .... :D 

5. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

I want to see the dinobots. I have fanstoys, but they take too many creative liberties with the design. I never understood why the dinos are seemingly not very popular in japan. I mean, dinosaurs that turn into robots??? C'mon. But most importantly, they need to get their QC under control. Way too much sloppiness lately

6. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

So I guess that Figure King is cool in that the CAD drawings for Starscream make him an official confirmed details pending along with Raiden, but a little bit of a bummer in that we got no actual new figures.

In retrospect, I think this was pretty unsurprising since there was so much WFC: Siege stuff in the issue.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Deruji

Deruji International Traditional 2D Animator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    For an announcement I thought it was ok, better then the constant teasing they did with MP-44. This is also supposed to be a celebration of the 35th anniversary.
    Perhaps they'll have more to show of Starscream in the next issue.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    What’s a realistic time frame to get the main 3 Seekers in v2 mold? 2023? 2024?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I speculated when Starscream 2.0 was announced that we'll likely get on Jet per year until they're done. That's my hope! So Starscream in '21, hopefully the og trio will be done in '23 unless TT throws us a curveball and does a Sunstorm first (that's what they did after MP-11).

On another note, I was talking to some buddies about how Hound is paired with Ironhide on the back of his box and was wondering just how rando and arbitrary that really is. I was thinking about how there's a precedent of new figures being paired with older figures on their boxes and then the older figure soon gets a + release or a complete re-do. Inferno was paired with the og Red Alert on his box (RA got a + release), Sunstreaker was paired with the og Sideswipe (SS got a + release), and Bluestreak+ was paired with 21 Bumblebee (45 Bumblebee was released shortly after). There may be more, those are just off the top of my head. I've said it before, but it seems really suspicious that TT's never gotten around to a black Diaclone van release 4 1/2 years after MP Ironhide. I'm certainly down for VanBros 2.0!

• Like Like x 12
  10. Stryder Wolfe

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    well Sunstorm would save me money but I hope they go right for SW/TC myself. One a year in any case is probably ideal. I find the Maketoys mould works better for Skywarp and Thundercracker than it does for Starscream but I’d still like all 3 replaced as quickly as possible. It’ll be so cool to have the full Decepticon side of the ‘84 toy catalogue back to being done “official”.

I don’t feel like I “need” an upgrade on the vans but I’ll take one if they make one! Although I do think Ratchet in particular holds up fine...of course the bumper could transform a little more...and I dislike his Autobot symbol...and of course the hip flaps...hmmm maybe I DO want a v2.
    89B91716-0A24-4FA6-A6F8-EE624F7A8642.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  11. Dean ML

Couldn't agree more about having the og Jet trio in the new mold!

Can you imagine the Vans with no bumper in bot mode, no hip flaps, an ab crunch, and deep knee and elbow bends? Imagine how much that'd help ol' Ratchet to kneel down and bend his arms as he works on his buddies!

• Like Like x 8
  12. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

It may have been as simple as Hound looking good next to Ironhide. Green is kind of a weird colour since it’s a secondary, and depending which primary makes up the dominant share of it (high blue or yellow), it can affect how it appears next to certain other shades.

The unfortunate thing with Hound is that because he was the original audience entry character, they never did much with him after they shifted to Bumblebee, so there’s not a ton to draw on for posing him. With no Mirage and updated Ravage to use, Ironhide is a good bet since he was around a lot with Cullen doing double-duty with he and Prime. Also, Prime has a lot of blue, so he probably didn’t make Hound pop standing next to him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dean ML

It's certainly possible, but then Hound was also notably paired with Bumblebee a few times (Insecticon Syndrome) and Sunstreaker (The Movie, Dinobot Island) and yellow really makes that green pop, too. If they wanted Hound with red and for some reason felt Prime's blue wouldn't go well with green, they could've used Inferno, who not only famously had Hound pinned down in the rubble in Insecticon Syndrome, but can be considered one of the "new batch" hyper articulated complex cartoon figures that arguably doesn't need a redo.

Like I said, it could've been random, but there's definitely precedent for it not to be.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    And don't forget on the back of MP-14+'s package was him standing next to MP-10 ;) 

[​IMG]

But no I don't really believe this theory :p 

I do believe a new Ironhide is a possibility, it's almost like they intentionally gave him and Ratchet non-toon insignia for a weird reason.

At this point I'm definitely expecting a Deep Cover to only come from v2 Sideswipe, so the same could be true of black Ironhide.

I wonder if they'd engineer it so that Ironhide is an all-in-one and Ratchet has a separate sled that detaches for transformation?
    Feel like they'd have to do something to make it different enough, to 'warrant' it (though maybe just tying it in with an anniversary like they did with Prime and Starscream is enough)

• Like Like x 5
  15. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Wait! On the back of 19+'s box is.....

[​IMG]

Tracks! And we have been expecting a + version of him. Dayummmmm :eek: 

• Like Like x 8
  16. Stryder Wolfe

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    you may be on to something detective!

• Like Like x 3
  17. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's always this photo that bugs me
    1588219801-masterpiece-spinout-08.jpg
    Maybe two different red lambos was their thi king , but they only show them in bot mode. They easily could have compared all 4, just makes me go hmmm.

If orders don't go up by the 15th, I'm thinking I guess we're looking at probably an April/May release for Statscream. Guess they must plan on announcing some reissues maybe mp36 and 47( hopefully) and there's most likely going to be a mall exclusive before then. Maybe black ironhide or the Hound repaint they've been planning for.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Dean ML

@Sam , you know this theory holds water! Tracks+ confirmed!

@jackisking , that's definitely an odd pairing, unless they were trying to show what we came to know as Sideswipe along with what was originally intended to be Sideswipe? (Sideswipe was originally going to be the red "Sunstreaker" and what we now know as Sunstreaker was originally going to be a yellow "Sideswipe").

This photo also sadly shows how careless TT has gotten with their posing/transformations in official photos. Spinout's inner boot panel is angled in, Sideswipe+'s upper/outer boot pieces aren't transformed and the windows in his backpack are a bit mistransformed. Makes me nervous for Starscream 2.0's official pics. I already love him based on the silhouette and schematic drawings, but there's always a crowd of posters who interpret an unflattering photo, pose, & mistransformation as a shit figure.

Anyways, can't wait for Sideswipe 2.0! ;) 

• Like Like x 8
  19. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

ìӀӀմʍìղąէì çօղƒìɾʍҽժ

Well based just on the silhouette Starscream is already carelessly posed:

[​IMG]

One of his intakes isn't pushed forward :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 9
  20. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator