The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Why not both? :D  Thanks buddy!

• Like Like x 1
  2. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Maybe the lead time on Raiden won't be that long, it might end up being the regular 6 months . Cost might not be enough issue as Bandai just put out a ton of Stuff due in Nov and Dec. A $700-1000 combiner actually isnt sounding that crazy,.
    Screenshot_20200703-050803.png

• Like Like x 3
  3. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

I’ve always felt that the $600-1000 range is where combiners would sit at a minimum, but the lead time would be the really interesting point there. The dates around putting the pieces of Raiden up for order is the really big challenge, I think. Are they going to take a whole years worth of spots one-by-one? As a single mega figure? I’m really curious to see how they do this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jackisking

News Credits:
    Kind of always been a fan as a single figure, as cost wise that's probably the best. EMS/DHL for places not AJP is about $40-50, now multiply that by 5 and you could be looking at an extra $250, on top of whatever they charge and customs for some people. Also wouldn't mind that "mega" release counting as 1 and not 5 or 6 leaving the door open for other releases.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GearsRollo

Could be. That’d definitely make it harder to sell in one go, though, as a price tag that high would eliminate a lot of potential buyers. I’m often surprised by how few MP collectors in North America seem to plan for these, and we’re all aware of the degree of sticker shock new releases generate :rolleyes: 

I could see them breaking the groups into two 2-packs and a larger central figure release for the scramble city style guys, but Raiden and Devastator are tougher because of their makeup.

• Like Like x 2
  6. jackisking

News Credits:
    I'm surprised as well, about people still being surprised:lol 

I think its a part of why they went after the train people with this release as some people probably will get squeezed out or I could even see them reissuing all six again individually as I imagine there would be some people who would doubles of certain trains/characters.The Bandai Voltes athat thing is a foot and change, I want to say 330 mm, so if Takara can deliver a MP Combiner that after discount still uses only 3 place spots on the left side of the decimal, I cant be that to bothered by it, and it will most likely be a lot easier to order. If you've never seen bandai madness check out the Macross thread at say 2:59:lol 

• Like Like x 1
  7. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I've been fortunate with my two MP Hounds, with the widespread qc problems people had with that release, I really hope combiner characters get their own single releases. Having to return a whole set because one figure has an issue just sounds like bad times. While I'm far from a TT scholar, it does seem to me that the combiner teams have been released as sets over the years as far as I've noticed so I kind of expect them to follow suit with MP combiners.

• Like Like x 3
  8. jackisking

News Credits:
    I'm sure Hound is an outlier, it's the only MP I've had that was totally unacceptable and had to replace, I would still feel a lot more comfortable knowing the factory that did Sunstreaker is working on Raiden.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    Brilliant digi! I’ve not tried to get him into that pose where the Toy head is visible through the chest, is it possible?

• Like Like x 1
  10. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Ah thanks again so much!! Sadly, the pose itself is possible, but the surprise toy face that they molded on the joint behind the windshield would not be visible through it this way, and the actual robot head ends up somewhere completely different. However the van roof weapon port is near where the toy head SHOULD be, so if they included an adapter to hook into there, with the toy head attachable to the other end...not as cool as an entirely new mold or major retool, but I think it would be a lot more satisfactory than just releasing the exact same toy in black!

• Like Like x 3
  11. jackisking

News Credits:
    Seeing Bandai go nuts last night, hopefully Takara returns the favor and we can get multiple reveals before the end of the month.

Fanstoys have reissued their Galvatron and XTB announced their toon Scourge. Could a Galvatron reveal be in the air? That rumor did say "he tell me" Galvatron is on the way:D . BWII Galvatron is in demand after Lio, but I don't see them doing him before G1 Galvatron. Licensing is not an issue.
    It's just funny we've got nothing but static from Takara,while other companies are getting the word out about upcoming releases and POs. Not that I'm concerned the line is dead, but its going to be quite disappointing at the end of the month to see just a BW reveal of MP52 Flash Lio.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nathaniel Prime

Nathaniel Prime Member

Twitter:
    I really hope we get a Galvatron in the MP line soon. I'm terribly surprised they didn't make one for the anniversary of TFTM. Here's hoping we get one soon!

13. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You mean the 35th anniversary of the movie? The 1986 movie? In 2021? o_O  ;) 

I've just snagged a FT Sovereign M in one of the frantic selling season affairs. I might just keep it sealed in case TT do pull it out, then see what I think of it and it's price. My FT purchase is safe money in any event right now so I can let myself assess things...

14. Nathaniel Prime

Nathaniel Prime Member

Twitter:
    That's what I meant by soon! But I was referring more to the 30th Anniversary in 2016!

• Like Like x 3
  15. GearsRollo

I think the chances of Galvatron will improve if Arcee had good preorders. My suspicion for a while has been that Hot Rod and/or Magnus didn’t light up the sales charts the way TT had hoped they would, and that’d caused them to switch secondary focus after the Ark crew to Beast Wars instead of the TFTM group.

The Beast stuff has obviously done pretty well, and with the line growing in releases and fans, I bet they’re thinking that if Arcee is a good seller, it might be worth going back to the 1986 well to feed that segment again.

• Like Like x 2
  16. jackisking

News Credits:
    ダイアクロン隊 結成40年 特別《5大》作戦|タカラトミー
    So there's,an announcement for Diaclone stuff, with some upcoming stuff for them and their 40th anniversary. I'm guessing we should be seeing something really soon. Also mentions they'll have a virtual expo, which is probably what Bandai did the other day. It would probably make sense to plan theirs in concert with Transformers, especially if we get a Diaclone derived character.

And if Takara pulls that Dinobot nonsense again and the next release is July , I really will by that Voltes:mad: 

• Like Like x 5
  17. GearsRollo

I think it’s worth keeping in mind that Takara may not have a choice in it. Factories all over the world have been flipped over to produce medical supplies, or had workers shifted to a facility that is. I play the TCG, and the new wave, along with a lot of WoTC stuff, hasn’t been able to get another round printed after initial release.

Arcee is set for December, so theres often a Jan or Feb release, but who knows if they’ll be able to hit that mark this year?

• Like Like x 3
  18. jackisking

News Credits:
    At this point Hasbro and Bandai are carrying on as business as usual. Which is why I think for the most part things will get back to resembling some kind of normal, unless your in the States, but that's another story :rolleyes: 

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Three two-packs feels like the compromise between a single, incredibly expensive gift set release that will immediately price out some of the MP-buying market, and not tying up their release calendar too much or risking losing the impatient by spreading things out a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jackisking

News Credits:
    I could see the gift set and reissuing the figures individually over the next 2 years. I just don't want a combiner to become all or nothing. You get a combiner and nothing but repaints and reissues for the rest of the year. People who don't want the gift box price, would get their chance just over a schedule. For something like this In pretty sure they'll work something out, despite the complaints about pricing, Takara is still pretty consumer friendly compared to other lines.

• Like Like x 1