The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    TC got in a heap of trouble for leaking info and he was probably covering himself about that Sunstorm debacle. At the end of his life he only had one close friend in one of the factories in China. He did have another close source actually in TT somewhere, but the TT friend severed all contact with him after it was found out he talked to people on this forum. It hurt him a lot, so he tried to cover up a few leaks that might have been started by him around the time of Sunstorm. All I do know is he told me abbout Blackarachnia and a big white cat coming a few weeks before the reveal. I do miss talking with Simon :( 

• Like Like x 8
  2. HolyCulture

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I'm 100% sure a licensed Jazz is happening, but I'm more interested in that Jetfire! Bandai would burn the world before they let TT make an MP Jetfire! :eek:  Could that little toy be a hint????

• Like Like x 2
  3. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Maybe. However, MP Sunstorm was all the way back in 2012 and he sure leaked some other things afterwards. Furthermore, he was really attacking the one who rumoured Sunstorm demanding that he'd show his TT employ card. If he was just covering his own sources, then he could've done that completely differently. He was actively stating that Sunstorm wasn't happening and calling the other insider a liar. (And the rumoured MP Soundwave was likewise denied by Tcracker)

He definitely knew stuff. Absolutely. But is also wasn't absolute what he was leaking (even ignoring the "plans change")

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    It's a crazy one for sure, I was also really surprised by that! Of course I assume if TT did make an MP of that character with the present direction, it would be Skyfire with the altered cartoon jet design...but someday I fully expect that to change and then maybe toy-based/hybrid designs will be on the table again.

• Like Like x 2
  5. HolyCulture

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I was imagining a 36/36+ scenario. But who knows. I’d take either happily

• Like Like x 2
  6. HolyCulture

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Strange. Who knows. Sounds like you’re right. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sam

Sam Arrival From Cybertron

News Credits:

Glad you got a chuckle out of it :thumb 

Seems entirely plausible to me. I'm not saying that it's directly related to "licensing isn't a problem anymore" either. Maybe Takara got the greenlight from Tomy, and when they're ready to approach Porsche they will. I don't know how licensing agreements work. Maybe @Enterlaw can chime in if he's still around.

Interesting also to hear the information about TC and Sunstorm/Soundwave. As I already said, his insider clearly didn't know everything. I wasn't around at the time so I didn't see TC's interactions on that topic. But we've all been dicks about something on the internet, right? :) 

I do remember when that ex 3P employee on the boards talked about how Tracks and Galvatron were the next MPs. He was right about Tracks, and his inside info was probably correct about Galvatron but we know that was delayed. The TT designers even said themselves in a recent interview that every year they're wondering if it's the right time for MP Galvatron. If that doesn't sound like 'delaying a heavy-hitter' than I don't know what is.​

• Like Like x 5
  8. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Takara trolls again, Tigatron ends up MP 50 while 51 and 52 are Arcee and Jazz;) 

No, they're going to troll even harder announcing a 2nd Sideswipe before the first Jazz at 52. Boom goes the dynamite!!:lol  seriously it will be almost 3 years since Sunstreaker, so a new Sideswipe definitely would have had the chance to be in development and this picture:
    1588219801-masterpiece-spinout-08.jpg
    Reminds me of this picture,
    MP18-Bluestreak-013.jpg
    and we know how that turned out.

• Like Like x 8
  9. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Actually that could kind of make sense to immediately follow up Spinout with Sideswipe v2 as the "completion" of the Diaclone anniversary celebration, as while the CR-01 mold+deco was the first transforming toy, Sideswipe's character was originally intended for that mold+deco upon introduction to the TF line...(unless I'm getting that all twisted around and backward in my head :lol  )...

• Like Like x 5
  10. Smokescreen1980

Smokescreen1980 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wouldn't pin your hopes on that. Porsche don't have - and never have had - a problem licensing the model to toy manufactures. And that's all the Jada one is. The problem is when you make that model turn into a heavily armed robot with missiles sticking out of its shoulders. That's where Porsche have concerns. The modern company, for very understandable reasons, would like to distance itself from its military history (particularly Ferdinand Porsche's close personal association with the Nazi government). That's why the phrase "war toys" crops up in this discussion, and that's why this isn't a simple question of licensing arrangements. Takara-Tomy aren't coming up against some mildly vexatious legal red tape here - it's a whole corporate philosophy that is resistant to seeing their name associated in certain ways, and doubly so when it's a product whose origins are in children's toys. I personally think it's very understandable for them to take this mentality, as much as I would love an MP Jazz.

• Like Like x 1
  11. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I don't think this contradicts anything I actually said :lol  I still think there's a distinction--however slight--between Porsche licensing a Transformers-branded toy ("war toy" by association) and licensing to e.g. Hot Wheels that has no such association.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Max Rawhide

I think such a scenario is unlikely for someone like Jazz. Megatron, I could absolutely see, and the same with characters like Galvatron or Devastator. Maybe even Trailbreaker. Or in other words, characters that are easy because they either don't need licensing or getting the license is easy.

Porsche, however, has been hard to get in the past. They didn't get the license during the alt/BT days, and I remember a former Hasbro employee revealing that there had been more attempts. I thus expect that should TT get the Porsche license, they will not hesitate and release Jazz as soon as humanly possible. Just to be on the safe side.

Definitely. I can think of many posts I've made in the past that I'm not proud of, and I'm sure that goes for all of us -- unless someone is a self righteous duck (did I miss spell that again?). Besides, that other insider was later banned.

But TC so often had excellent intell that I Always took note when he posted something. And I never forgot that he talked about smaller MP's being licensed cars long before there was even a hint of an announcement.​

• Like Like x 3
  13. Max Rawhide

Also, in 2013 there were protests against Porsche company exactly because of this war related history.

And you see this mentalitly of guilt over the Nazi's in the German society as a whole. Trump like Obama before him, rightly accuses many European countries (including the one I live in) of not spending enough on their military, but with Germany there's a good reason for this. It happens too often that Germany is reminded of what the Nazi's did in the war. Just this month a comparison was made between Hitler's wish to conquer Europe and Merkel as the German prime minister having so much influence in the EU.

Hence why, should the difficulty of the Porsche license indeed be the result of the War Toys argument, I can completely understand this.

• Like Like x 3
  14. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Would they really need to rush and put him out at this point? The line is in a far different place then it was this then, you can compare coverage in the magazines. My guess Jazz and Mirage are probably at the top of a lot of list, but I'm sure for most people that list is pretty long. While I would a Jazz, I'm not exactly heartbroken if they announce Kup or Windcharger.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Takara could announce Jazz tomorrow and I'm still not losing interest in the line. Not before the rest of the Diaclone carbots get announced, including Skids, and they can keep me on the hook with Insecticons, Constructicons... and also v2's, newer, improved versions of characters they've already done. Good work will be rewarded. On the other hand, when they release bad work, like bad plastic on Hound, that's when people will start to think twice about staying with the line.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

While undoubtedly popular I can't see Jazz as having such an impact on the MP, especially now that Takara is also doing BW characters, is starting combiners and can redo other super popular characters under the banner of toon accuracy and hyper articulation. I can see them carefully planning his release so he can get the proper spotlight, maybe avoiding an already crowded year like 2019, but as others mentioned if they have secured the Porsche license I find it hard to believe they would be sitting on it indefinitely.

• Like Like x 3
  17. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I think all that is entirely possible, if not probable...or it could be something else entirely. About the only thing I can say is about the notion that money talks that some people mention? I can't imagine there's a shit load of money in it for Porsche either way. It probably amounts to chump change to them. So if they're not interested in an association with Transformers, for whatever reason, there's not much on that front to easily change their minds on it. They need to somehow be convinced it's in their best interest or whoever has the stick up their ass about transformers be replaced. This is possible...it happened with VW, but IMO it's not exactly a forgone conclusion. Maybe someday it happens...or maybe more likely it doesn't. In the meantime I'll skip holding my breath or expecting it's going to happen just because we want it to.

18. Digger

Digger Collecting with the goal of no end

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Dude an MP+ Jetfire would just end them lmao.
    Does this text at the bottom of the Spinout picture say anything important? Cause I remember reading the Bluestreak translation and it was very telling of the new BB.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sam

Sam Arrival From Cybertron

News Credits:
    Nah I think you're confused there. When people on the board were asking for a translation of that pic someone jokingly said something about a new Bumblebee. Pretty sure the actual translation was pretty innocuous.

Probably just something like "MP-12+ sold separately. Scales with existing Masterpieces - complete the line-up!"

• Like Like x 1
  20. Digger

Digger Collecting with the goal of no end

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oh really? I guess that must’ve just stayed too long in my mind as a fact.

• Like Like x 1