The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I love transformers and I luckily have some money to burn. Currently I would buy anyone from any timeline from TT. They’re just doing so well engineering wise. Even though I just decided to stop working for a full 7 days. My apartment complex had several confirmed cases of Covid19 today and I guess we will need to play it safe. Can’t have our students coming and going back and forth in our apartment. Korea doesn’t really have an outbreak per-say but when it’s right her on top of us I guess I should be safe.
    That tangent aside I would strongly prefer season 1 of G1 or BW or something ‘new’. Minibots, triplechangers, moviebots (the REAL movie with hair metal and Vince DiCola obviously), or Combiners. Or headmasters. Or powermasters. OR V2s of already made characters! FUCK OKAY I DONT CARE!! ANYTHING

• Like Like x 9
  2. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

Even though we've never met each other, I hope you're able to stay safe during this mess. I don't personally know anyone that's tested positive, but I have a lot of friends that work jobs that could be considered high risk. I hope you're able to steer clear of the virus.

That said, I agree with your wishlist of anything at this point. I think if Jazz is announced it will mean anything is possible. CJ might be a bit more difficult licensee to procure if they go the chibi route, and I don't think they'd do some Sunstreaker engine magic and give him two vehicle forms. One real world and one chibi. (That an interesting concept moving forward, but totally unrealistic.) I'm guessing with the way they did MP-45 Bumblebee, he'll wind up being the chibi version if we get him which is fine with me. IMO, they could use the BB transform sequence and just reshell CJ with his own car parts, as the toys had the same transform. I'm sure the show recognized that too. I haven't watched it in a while, so I'm not sure. Rambling... sorry.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:

Cliffjumper was listed as MP-49 a few months ago. I'm sure the listing was real, and there was just a change in plans that pushed him back.

There's no doubt in my mind that he'll be a chibi licenced Porsche. However I don't think he'll follow the same transformation scheme as Bumblebee.

[​IMG]

I think maybe they could incorporate a flipping roof a la Sunstreaker instead. Perhaps his actual spoiler will remain on his chest.
    Feet would still be made of the front of the car, though like Bumblebee they'll need to hide part of the hood that contains the Autobot insignia.

I suppose potentially they could reuse the shoulder pauldrons? Maybe the hands? I don't think they'd reuse the thighs since Bumblebee's were designed to allow room for someone to sit inside.

[​IMG]

No real need for anyone to sit in Cliffjumper (they can have opening doors if they like, again a la Sunstreaker).

I'm also super looking forward to the Hubcap repaint they would do. Still remoulding to remove the spoiler. What a handsome Autobot he was:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  4. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    There were never any retailer listings. It was almost certainly someone who saw Earthrise Cliffjumper and mistakenly thought it was an MP.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Disagree. It was revealed in the same way as the likes of Artfire or MP-38 were. A screenshot of a listing. Earthrise Cliffjumper was listed separately in the same reveal.

• Like Like x 2
  6. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Did they mistake the "MP_49" though? Since that wouldn't have been written anywhere near ER Cliffjumper, that means they were either guessing a number, or made it up.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Not sure if we figured out what LYC meant.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Licensing Yet to be Confirmed?

• Like Like x 4
  9. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Yeah, I still have a hard time buying TT FINALLY gets the Porsche license sorted and they go Cliffjumper rather than straight to Jazz, whom they've wanted to do forever now. To be fair, Jazz could still require some sorting of how they handle the Martini thing, but you'd think they'd have something in mind for that in the event Porsche ever gives in.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    Nope, it was just a screenshot of text, not a retailer listing. ER Cliffjumper was not listed separately.
    555a9cd3ly1g7blqmrfu5j205j02hwed.jpg
    MP-38 came from a reputable rerailer, and Artifire's at least looked like a screenshot of a retailer solicitarion:
    FB_IMG_1480646192117.jpg

Also we know what MP-49 is, and it's not Cliffjumper. I don't think Takara would solicit product and then cancel it.

The leaker most likely just guessed 49, as that was the next number to be revealed. Why would a Hasbro product leak have any info on a MP release that they're not involved with, anyway?

• Like Like x 5
  11. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Cliffjumper WILL have opening doors. Sunstreaker, Prime, and Bee all have it. The only reason Hound doesn’t is because he’s an open-top vehicle. I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say all future close top carbots will have opening doors as a “real licensed car” feature.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Well, I don't think he will...

...because I don't think he'll happen. Happy to be proven wrong...and I don't even think it's impossible for something to change, but until it does, everything I've ever heard is fat chance. So I'll believe it when I see it. I do believe MP Jazz was designed, had a physical prototype, and was all ready to be made...but Porsche wouldn't budge so it didn't happen.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Digger

Digger Collecting with the goal of no end

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hubcap is my absolute boy I’d love to see him.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Smokescreen1980

Smokescreen1980 Well-Known Member

100 percent agree. Of course TT would love to put out a Masterpiece of one of the franchise’s most instantly iconic and saleable characters. A legend of the line from Episode 1. But it’s never going to happen. Porsche said no when they asked for Binaltech and they aren’t interested in changing their mind.

What I struggle to get my head round is why so many people write on this board as if a TT employee is combing every page for tips on who to release next, and that if only they’ll read this one comment begging for Jazz to be released they’ll go, “my god! How did we never think of that? We should do a Masterpiece of one of our most famous and popular characters! What idiots we are. Thank you board members!”

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 When the Curtain Falls

Some Hounds had crumbling doors, does that count?

Too soon? I’ll see myself out...

• Like Like x 3
  16. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    I know it's highly unlikely we'd get them, but I would love for Takara to do Masterpiece figures of the Omnibots and Powerdashers.

17. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Biggering Is Triggering More Biggering!

News Credits:
    I really wonder what the combiner limbs will cost. Most 3P MP Combiners range from $70 (except XTB Breakdown) to about $100 per limb unless your name starts with F and ends in anstoys. I say the TT limbs will probably be around $130-$150

18. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Everyone knows Jazz is the most-wanted next MP, including TT. Poll results prove that easily:

Most-Wanted G1 MP Autobot
    Which G1 Masterpiece do you most want to see next?

And this jives with what has been said by insiders here before. Takara are afraid that once they release Jazz people will start to lose interest in the line. They're purposefully delaying that heavy hitter as late as possible.

TCracker 100% had insider info, and his insider told him that licensing isn't an issue anymore. I believe that, because his other tips panned out too. From his info years ago that TT were thinking about introducing a lower price point Binaltech ver 2.0 (said maybe a year before MP-12 came out), plus all the other new characters that he knew about (as recently as Hound himself). Before he passed away, TCracker even said that Tigatron was coming next, which is possibly because he assumed a big white cat was him rather than Lio Convoy. Or maybe Tigatron was planned even at that time, and he was just delayed a little.

If a reliable insider has said it's not an issue, then I believe it. It's been ages since Binaltech, I can believe that times have changed.

• Like Like x 8
  19. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I'm very curious to see if that Jada mini Jazz car is still released this year and if it's officially licensed. Not that it would prove conclusively that licensing is no longer an issue, but it would certainly be a step in the right direction!

IMG_20200224_102939.jpg

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  20. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, but I laughed so hard when I read this that my GF came downstairs to ask what was so funny...

Sure, Porsche has finally given them the license (after it being difficult for years) and TT won't release Jazz because they fear it will kill interest in the line.
    To counter this, when someone claimed to be an insider and told us about MP Sunstorm going to be made, Tcracker said with absolute certainty that Sunstorm wasn't going to happen. And yet it did and he didn't know about it. So his intel wasn't absolute. He definitely knew some thing that would happen before the official reveal, but he was also wrong from time to time. And not wrong as in "plans changed", but just plain wrong.

Thus him saying that the Porsche license was no longer an issue could be interpreted in several ways. The most positive of course, that TT have secured the license. But it could also mean that they've found a way to circumvent the license. It could also mean (like the big white cat) that it refers to something else.

• Like Like x 3