The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Higgs79

Higgs79 Well-Known Member

Ironhide height is about right for me.

If (when?) this happens, I really hope that Long Haul remains cartoon accurate and isn’t sacrificed as he was for the UW version. I’m itching to go back through old G1 episodes to refresh my memory on some of the accessories that TT might include.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is this a recent mention of Devastator or is this going back to the 4 year old rumor?

3. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

No, i read it in this very thread around the same time of Raiden reveal, with SoundWave 2.0 rumor.

I hope, the hard part is selling the "team", i explain myself: leaving the carbot, Prime and the Decepticon main character, all transformers are grouped in teams, expecially the decepticons. Takara has released all the seekers as mall exclusive (talking about the soft reboot MP), and for now these are the major teams already sold (Coneheads and Seekers - also cassetticons, but they sold them as "soundwave accessories").
    My two cents, price of the complete team will play a major role in robot crafting. Of course, we will not have the generation engineering, but maybe nor the Sunstreaker complexity.

More or less, the limbs/constructicons are Ironhide height, the leader is Prime/Megatron height

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Higgs79

Higgs79 Well-Known Member

Perhaps I’ve misunderstood you but the Constructicons are all roughly the same height. Obviously there’s six of them to make up for it.

BCA49746-3393-4987-B7BA-FBC31AFCE541.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  5. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a feeling that Devastator is up in very short order after Raiden. I'm still kinda semi-shocked that we got Raiden first, but it's cool. Probably gonna be tied to how successful the Trainbots sell.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Was Raiden first of g1 combiners released in Diaclone line? It might be a nod to Diaclone history?

Also, I’ve been looking at the original Transformers Manga volumes coming out right now. I’m surprised Devastator is hardly in there, but Menasor is heavily used. Also the Dinobots are hardly used at all, maybe Grimlock just one time IIRC? I don’t know if we can glean anything from that?

7. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They could include trumpets for Starscream's coronation. If there isn't a Galvatron by then, that'd be a fun way to hint at him.

I was just thinking about how Spinout would be pretty fun to pose with Raiden.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Onilink

Yes, i have explained myself in a bad way: Constructions and the limbs of other combiners = ironhide or inferno height
    Leaders of other combiners = Optimus or Megatron height

• Like Like x 4
  9. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Sooo, I'm thinking are Hasbro/Takara collaborating on some stuff for next year. We're getting Unicron, MP Arcee, and a sleep edition Generations Prime was leaked today. Could they go all in on the movie in 202q
    I thought next year might be more Diaclone orientated with Raiden(maybe) and the push from Spin out. The price of Delta Magus and some of the other Diaclones are rising in price in Japan.The red carpet they're rolling out for Spin out, makes me think they want to capatilize on the Diaclone anniversary.
    Besides Galvatron and Rodimus, there are still a few characters they can tie to both Diaclones and TFTM. Which way do ypu think there going? Could we get another mp44 repaint before a reissue, skipping the toy and issuing a sleep edition?

10. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    A few characters come to mind...:
    Perceptor
    Blaster
    Devastator
    Dinobots
    Starscream V2
    And I shudder to suggest...Ultra Magnus V2

• Like Like x 2
  11. jackisking

News Credits:
    I think Jazz and Sideswipe show up in Headmasters

• Like Like x 1
  12. Onilink

The toy version is a big deal, they will not skip that repaint

• Like Like x 1
  13. jackisking

News Credits:
    One shall stand and one will fall :D 
    It will be interesting to see which, as both would require the trailer. Maybe you do toy Prime and they announce Starscream with a Ghost/Sleep version later on? I just think toy Prime would be a general release, while a sleep version could be a Mall exclusive. In hindsight it sort of sucks they wasted a G1 spot on a Prime repaint, especially knowing how the rest of the year ended.

• Like Like x 2
  14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I agree a Dev release is dependent on how well train guy does...but because of that, I don't see Dev being up in short order after train guy. I don't think they're going to put huge effort into Dev until the results of train guy are in. And if they release him one or two limbs at a time, we won't know how well he ultimately does until the last of his bots are at least put up for pre-order. IMO, that's an important factor in how successful a combiner is, if he's released separately, how well do the bots released at the end sell?

I used to think combiners would sell just fine...but with how expensive the line has become, I don't know if they can sell a combiner as a set and have it sell great. And I'm curious how sold separately would go... Train guy should answer a lot of questions...and I'm especially curious how well he sells as a fairly obscure character outside of Japan. Star guy didn't seem to have the greatest sales numbers being in a similar situation...and that was when the line was super price friendly.

• Like Like x 1
  15. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Devastator or any other combiner from S2 will kill sales wise - novelty factor alone ... price won’t matter, look at how nonchalant so many on these boards regard the economic ramifications of Co-Vid - a lot of WFH “engineer” types, quasi-trustafarians, and parents’ basement dwellers - they’ll cough up the dough, no matter the cost ...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    tbh MP collectors would probably pay Unicron prices for a full combiner.

Though realistically the price would be more than that?

• Like Like x 4
  17. jackisking

News Credits:
    I don't think they would be cheap, because each bot would be worthy of being a stand-alone bot. I think Superion would be a good choice, in that similar to Fanstoys the limbots respectively arms vs legs share similar engineering. Unlike theirs, I would expect TT limbots to have the same articulation as any other Ironhide/seeker size release. I don't even have a problem with them fudging jet size, 6 seekers already take up enough space.

With Arcee POs moving, do they stick with rotation at 52, or do they double up on G1 at 52? I want to say Tigatron is still on his original AJP preorders, I scrolled through posr about him and didn't see as many ranking bots post, but I might have missed them. I would expect some announcement with what would have been TTS and Wonderfesr coming up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. crazyman

crazyman Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    A combiner would rip my wallet asunder.

Would need to buy it thrice. For the individual bots, one for alt mode and another for bot. Then the entire combiner. Thankfully I don't want Raiden but others? Nervous sweating

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I think $600 is wishful thinking at this point. If a Carbot goes for $130 from Amazon.jp, I'm thinking a Seeker-sized, quasi-Triplechanger isn't going to go for less. I'm thinking closer to $200 a piece at best...and those are Amazon prices! Never mind what BBTS and pals would charge. :eek: 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    wait Unicron was only $600 in the US? Shit you guys are lucky

• Like Like x 2