The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Pff good little G1 MP collect-a-holics would have pre-ordered MP-51 :p 

The timing of when Tokyo Toy Show was supposed to be is surely approaching though, right? Maybe they'll show something off in Figure King instead. It might be Raiden related, though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Figure king is out for this month, guess it's no Transformer stuff or nothing new, saw some macross stuff earlier

• Like Like x 2
  3. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I'll tell you what, IF Takara reveals an MP Jazz, CJ or Mirage by October of 2020, I'll buy MP Arcee.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I'll hold you to that :D 

Well it was planned June 11th-14th so I'd be expecting something from next month's magazine, maybe.

• Like Like x 4
  5. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I'm not too worried about it, since I don't see Takara announcing any of them this year. That being said, if I'm wrong, I'll gladly buy MP Arcee. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  6. jackisking

News Credits:
    Yup, that was more or less my thinking of where they go with 52, we have June and July and I'm kind of expecting a release for Jan/Feb in 2021. I'm guessing their situation with Unicron was the same, paying up front, allowing the beginning of 2021 to be left opened for a release.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trip

Trip Prudentia Fortitudo Temperantia Iustitia

Shoot if Takara announces a Jazz, I'll stop collecting beast wars and go all in on mp autobots.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I'm trying to remember this time last year or maybe two years ago.

Two years ago I guess we had our MP-44 reveal at a toy show and in magazines (that was weird, since he didn't come out for another 15 months).

We also had Hound's reveal in July 2018, and he didn't make it out for 17 months.

Bumblebee was revealed in February 2019 and released 9 months later (originally supposed to be 7 months).

I don't know what any of this means. We could get some more teasers of Raiden, who won't come out til late 2021?

Summer Wonder Fest this year had already been pushed back to Autumn Wonder Fest in November, and that's cancelled too. November was way too late for them to reveal MPs for early 2021 anyway, so we'll have to rely on magazines or website reveals.

I feel like usually MPs weren't announced in the summer months. So if we don't hear something by July then I won't expect any news til September.

Where's @TTemploy at these days?

• Like Like x 6
  9. jackisking

News Credits:
    Im pretty sure Lio was a TTS reveal with a Feb. release.
    Maybe this is an easter egg but both of these pose are from TFTM, the hand over her chest pose is after she pulls Windcharger's body next to Wheeljacks. Could they be hinting at a MP Windcharger?
    mp51-10_uulPdSZV_840vf_eucxsPCwsB2Qz6EAK.jpg
    index.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Nah, that's just equal-rights matrix desires. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Lmao what if this how they hint stuff and we just get a new pic of Megatron just strangling the air?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Chris C137

Chris C137 Have some self respect. Take the QC sticker off.

News Credits:
    And the first pose is her checking to see how far out Hot Rod and Kup were when they're about to transform autobot city. So...

I'd take Kup and Windcharger (especially Kup).

Frankly I'd take anything at this point.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Think we all would, right?

I know for me I have certain characters that I want, but with how much I love what TT are doing right now I wouldn't be surprised to be tempted by whoever's next.
    Hell, it already happened with the BW releases (the only reason I watched Beast Wars is because of how impressed I was upon MP-41's reveal).

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would take another carbot, or Starscream. Anything else, I'd need a lot of convincing. I did preorder Arcee, but I've always been charmed by her Bertone-esque car mode and her place in history as the first female Transformer.

• Like Like x 2
  15. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love transformers and I luckily have some money to burn. Currently I would buy anyone from any timeline from TT. They’re just doing so well engineering wise. Even though I just decided to stop working for a full 7 days. My apartment complex had several confirmed cases of Covid19 today and I guess we will need to play it safe. Can’t have our students coming and going back and forth in our apartment. Korea doesn’t really have an outbreak per-say but when it’s right her on top of us I guess I should be safe.
    That tangent aside I would strongly prefer season 1 of G1 or BW or something ‘new’. Minibots, triplechangers, moviebots (the REAL movie with hair metal and Vince DiCola obviously), or Combiners. Or headmasters. Or powermasters. OR V2s of already made characters! FUCK OKAY I DONT CARE!! ANYTHING

• Like Like x 9
  16. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

Even though we've never met each other, I hope you're able to stay safe during this mess. I don't personally know anyone that's tested positive, but I have a lot of friends that work jobs that could be considered high risk. I hope you're able to steer clear of the virus.

That said, I agree with your wishlist of anything at this point. I think if Jazz is announced it will mean anything is possible. CJ might be a bit more difficult licensee to procure if they go the chibi route, and I don't think they'd do some Sunstreaker engine magic and give him two vehicle forms. One real world and one chibi. (That an interesting concept moving forward, but totally unrealistic.) I'm guessing with the way they did MP-45 Bumblebee, he'll wind up being the chibi version if we get him which is fine with me. IMO, they could use the BB transform sequence and just reshell CJ with his own car parts, as the toys had the same transform. I'm sure the show recognized that too. I haven't watched it in a while, so I'm not sure. Rambling... sorry.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:

Cliffjumper was listed as MP-49 a few months ago. I'm sure the listing was real, and there was just a change in plans that pushed him back.

There's no doubt in my mind that he'll be a chibi licenced Porsche. However I don't think he'll follow the same transformation scheme as Bumblebee.

[​IMG]

I think maybe they could incorporate a flipping roof a la Sunstreaker instead. Perhaps his actual spoiler will remain on his chest.
    Feet would still be made of the front of the car, though like Bumblebee they'll need to hide part of the hood that contains the Autobot insignia.

I suppose potentially they could reuse the shoulder pauldrons? Maybe the hands? I don't think they'd reuse the thighs since Bumblebee's were designed to allow room for someone to sit inside.

[​IMG]

No real need for anyone to sit in Cliffjumper (they can have opening doors if they like, again a la Sunstreaker).

I'm also super looking forward to the Hubcap repaint they would do. Still remoulding to remove the spoiler. What a handsome Autobot he was:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  18. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    There were never any retailer listings. It was almost certainly someone who saw Earthrise Cliffjumper and mistakenly thought it was an MP.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Disagree. It was revealed in the same way as the likes of Artfire or MP-38 were. A screenshot of a listing. Earthrise Cliffjumper was listed separately in the same reveal.

• Like Like x 2
  20. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Did they mistake the "MP_49" though? Since that wouldn't have been written anywhere near ER Cliffjumper, that means they were either guessing a number, or made it up.

• Like Like x 2