The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If that is true and Raiden is not 50, then I expect a few more reveals in pretty quick succession. I can't think of too many times Takara has revealed these out of numerical order. Plus I don't know if this particular train convention would be the appropriate venue to show MP Arcee, Galvatron or Starscream for example. Don't get me wrong though as I would enjoy this greatly. Bring on more MP goodness! :D 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You appealed to the narcissist in me, I searched the thread for earlier times I mentioned Raiden and it turns out I was liking him as the first MP combiner back in 2016! (Of course I was also doubting that this new Raiden would even be marketed as a Transformer just last month, so I don't know what that says about my prognostication skills.)

• Like Like x 3
  3. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How was your guesswork on Liokaiser? Come on, BIG MONEY, BIG MONEY, BIG MONEY!!! :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  4. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    STOP AT A WHAMMY!

5. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    They just revealed 49 so I wouldn't expect anything till after new years. Mp Raiden may be a big enough carrot to dangle, that it allows Takara to release some of their "high cards" they have been holding on too G1 wise. Maybe finally finishing the diaclones or releasing Galvatron for instance.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder if 49 will finally nudge Takara to remember they haven't done a Black Rodimus from MP-28/40 yet either.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

Wait, Raiden counts as G1? We don't need a Japanese G1 continuity speculation thread? Hm.

Combiner talk has me interested, but I have no interest in anything from the Japanese continuity. Hell, I just sold off all my season 2 and "extra" MPs, including Acid Storm and Sunstorm, though the latter two were a bit tough to part with. If Raiden is in fact an MP, and gets a full release plus potentially heads us into combiners from the earlier G1 stuff? Then I'll be quite the happy camper, and to that end I hope it does very well.

As for MP-49, color me underwhelmed. Something about the v2 mold is superior to the v3 in Nemesis colors, I can't seem to put my finger on it. It just looks kind of boring, even compared to a lot of other black repaints, while MP-44 looks like a marked improvement over MP-10. Also kind of annoyed they don't show the alternate animated face in basically any promos for MP-44 or 49, but I guess I'm the only person who likes that face over the more "anime" style one from the film. That said, the numbering is something to note. Other than AKOM Hot Rod, who is just a totally weird thing I can't justify or explain in any way, this is the first time we've had a repaint get a full designation as a "new character" drop, if memory serves. I would expect going forward pretty much everything is going to be like this, and presumably Seekers v3 will get their own unique numbers. I do question whether the coneheads will be remade, but I don't think they sold well enough for it at all.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

So, with a vanilla mp44 body price, we can do a more accurate speculation about an armored magnus.
    It could have voice chips: Magnus is an A tier character, and has some famous quotes in the movie (so the price from MP44B could be more, if the electronic don't cannibalize the ion rifle and round head).
    Trailer could (sicurely) will be a lot more expensive than the MP44 one, let's say from 5.000 to 10.000 yen more.
    The question is: can Takara deals with a so expensive product for Ultra Magnus?

• Like Like x 1
  9. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

I just don’t think they will. It wouldn’t surprise me to see a Magnus with some armor changing gimmicks, but the white Prime thing has just never been Takara’s preferred version.

As far as I can tell he was designed as a robot who’s trailer integrated fully, and I’d be a lot more excited by that staying the case. I find a lot of these popular fan repaint of Prime (white and black specifically) kind of reductive. I know evil twins and brothers are a big thing in Japanese storytelling, and I thoroughly enjoyed the comics where Magnus was a small guy who could support this massive armour, but I don’t want any of them for a new MP. Ultra Magnus should stand as a special character all on his own.

• Like Like x 3
  10. jackisking

News Credits:
    I just don't see a Prime in armor happening for a Magnus 2.0. Why negate everything you could gain, ( correct scale and articulation) just to make an equally out of scale ,less articulated " robot in a suit.

• Like Like x 7
  11. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

That’s a really good point too. They’d basically lose every advantage of possibility they built into MP-44 by covering him in massive armour. The Prime body itself would have to be rebuilt to accommodate the gimmick.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

I'm on the same board, but could be interesting if TT could kill two bird with one stone: a retail MP Magnus with the same (upgraded) transformation of the old one, and the possibility to use the trailer as an armour for a mp44 body, with the white one sold as exclusive separately

• Like Like x 1
  13. jackisking

News Credits:
    I guess in theory if they released Magnus2.0 and then decided at some point release a 44-LX or something, I guess it's possible. Problem being unless 44 was originally designed with the concept of plugging him into armor, the results probably wouldn't be that best.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Prime is covered in paint, I can’t see Prime in armor ending up well...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  16. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like a new mold Decepticon should in that space, followed with the "whoop whoop whoop" chime :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  17. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    that and black ironhide and e-hobby black megatron

• Like Like x 4
  18. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...deep cover is loooooooong overdue...

• Like Like x 5
  19. jackisking

News Credits:
    Blame Clampdown for that. Maybe it was Lamborghini fatigue had set in,an people were just tired of the mold. I do wonder with Lambor 2.0 will they feel the diaclone and Deepcover.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Deep Cover is in, well, deep cover at the TT factory.
    :confused2 :lol 

I think we'll see him when Swipe V2 graces us with his presence. :) 

• Like Like x 1