The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hes counting the MPMs, from BW Megatron to Lio is 8. 3 repaints and 3 reissues, so about 14 releases over 13 months.

• Like Like x 4
  2. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hmm. I was positive there was 8 new molds in a row. That number keeps coming up. Maybe MPM was in my list at the time I made it?

but yeah. 6 new molds in a row. You're right. Still amazing compared to 2018 lolol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Ah, I often forget about MPMs. It's like they're MPs but also not. (I'm fine if people talk about them here and post their shots in the appreciation thread)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ohhh, I'm tellin' you guys... my spider-sense is tingling...!

I believe when the Huffer toy was originally marketed in the Microchange line it was called "American Truck." Nevertheless, I doubt a license is going to happen for those guys.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    A translation also says they’ll be setting up the guidelines for the first ever Transformers Examination. Looking at the info they link to about that, it seems to be some kind of official certification exam.

トランスフォーマー検定

Full details here: お申し込み - トランスフォーマー検定 - 日販の検定ポータル[検定、受け付けてます]

Edit: looks like this was first announced in June and there’s a thread about it here: Transformers Kentei(Proficiency Test) on February 16, 2020(Tokyo & Osaka)

Hobda is also there so… City Turbo? Maybe we’ll see the reveal of everyone’s favorite underrated theoretician, Skids. :D 

Or maybe—dare I say it—there may not be any new molds at all. :( 

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  6. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    This would sadly not surprise me :(  Forgot something though, maybe Hound will be shown and we can find out what's going on with that toy gun he had at the other show!

• Like Like x 3
  7. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually pretty great marketing unveiling those hard to get Porshe licenses infront of a bunch of car heads. Im actually hoping for multiple reveals simply because its a car show. CJ at 49 (allegedly), Tracks + maybe and MP 50 ( Jazz/ Trailbeaker/ or Skids).

If CJ ended up being a non-Porshe, I wonder if it would mean, they would be willing to cheat on a Menasor. I know their car line has or had Ferrari and they have a good relationship with Lamborghini.

• Like Like x 2
  8. HolyCulture

News Credits:
    I've been drinking. My wife's girlfriend is at our house for her bd and the drinks are flowing.. and I tend to get all glass eyed and 'starey' with TFs when drinking ( I just might but that second Artfire, Targetmaster Hotrod, Shadowpanter, and Cordon in my cart.....) ... but I think we're going to get some news soon. And it's going to be sexy af. And we're all going to party hard. and it's going to be sexy af. And I think we're going to get some news soon! :p 

• Like Like x 8
  9. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Heeey, ya might want to ease off the Energon there before you make any radical decisions, Like a second Cordon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HolyCulture

News Credits:
    fuck that noise! It's a BEAUTIFUL HOMAGE to the Diaclone line. The toy itself is a love letter to Robot Enthusiasts!

Thanks man. The blue text pushed me. ORDERED <3 <3 <3 <3

• Like Like x 7
  11. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    No problem, nice to see the Diaclone love.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    I can't describe how positively giddy I am over this news. There's literally no reason to exhibit toys at a car show unless they're licensed replicas. I would expect to see all of the appropriate MPs they've made to this point, plus new ones. What if they unveil a neo-Binaltech line?! (I mean I know it would put everyone else to sleep, but I would absolutely lose my shit...)

• Like Like x 6
  13. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I am right there with you! And do any lines beside MP (or something like a new Binaltech) do licensed vehicle modes? (I truly don't know). In any case it shows the "real car" focus is still strong!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

A car show ... would they do a racing car like Jazz or a normal sports car like a Cliffjumper?

How about a Ferrari Omnibot? Honda Skids?

Is Hoist/Trailbreaker too plain to show at a car show?

My fear is it is more Bayverse.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    I'm going all in on predicting MP-49 Skids. Wasn't the Honda City pretty popular in Japan? Could make sense for a car show reveal.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Chris C137

Chris C137 Have some self respect. Take the QC sticker off.

News Credits:
    It would make sense for Takara to reveal a licenced MP if they're at the Tokyo Motor Show, and if the Honda City was popular that might boost the possibility of a Skids, but he was a nothing character in the cartoon and the G1 MPs heavily revolve around the cartoon version of G1.

We'll find out soon I guess. After their no-show at the last toy convention the pessimist in me says we won't get any reveals here either, they could well be there to show off licenced model cars (what was the name of that line again? ). I'd love for there to be MPs announced though, whoever it may be. I don't want a return to the Great MP Drought of 2018

• Like Like x 3
  17. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Why all the MP excitement over the Tokyo Auto Show?
    Takara is a toy company, not an Auto Maker o_O 

As much of an optimist as I am, I'm also a realist.
    I'd say that there's as much chance of a Masterpiece reveal at the autoshow, as there is Blitzwing being cured of his schizophrenia :p 

18. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    Yes, all cars in the Studio Series line are licensed. In my opinion it proves that it's easy and inexpensive enough to do licensed vehicles in a mainline at the usual price points (and therefore no real reason why WFC Cliffjumper couldn't be a licensed Starion).

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yay, someone other than me and a handful of others buying MP Diaclones!

(puts on Tobias Funke cosplay)

"There are dozens of us! DOZENS!"

After the Cliffjumper rumor, the chaos lover in me would kinda love this, despite also just buying XTB Savant. It'd be interesting, hilarious, and kinda crushing. I can just picture it now...

Excited Takara employees #1&2 at car show: We are happy to announce, we have finally come to an agr--
    Takara employee #3 rushes them, whispers in ear: Porsche backed out of the deal. It's off.
    Formerly excited Takara employee #1: FUCK! (grabs what's clearly a Cliffjumper prototype, snaps in half and throws on the ground, storms off)
    Formerly excited Takara employee #2: ...Um, we are, um, happy to announce...(whispers at #3: "Get the backup box!," gestures frantically)
    Takara employee #3: (rushes back on stage, clumsily grabs another prototype) SKIDS! We are doing Masterpiece Skids. Yes, the beloved Honda City Turbo, finally, as a Masterpiece toy, as long-time favorite character Skids.
    Audience: (confused looks, eventually some mild "Ooooohs" and pity applause)
    The one Transformer nerd at the show looking on: (sadly goes back to checking MakeToys Downbeat prices)

• Like Like x 4
  20. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    With some luck there will be a G1 Masterpiece reveal, could easily be MPM or another line.

I'd like to think it could be any of the cars... I don't think the manufacturer needs to be present. It could be more a thing of putting their product amongst non-Transformers fans to gain a bigger audience.
    It would be a fantastic platform for Jazz or Cliffjumper. Porsche is very popular in Japan, especially the wider fender flare ones which are modded by RWB.
    Exciting times ahead.

• Like Like x 3