The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

I would like to have Jazz

• Like Like x 8
  2. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

The jets and Sideswipe/Red Alert need it more, but I'd love a new van mold someday, too. I say that as a guy whose Ironhide is in my top 5 favorite MPs, but I really want those deep elbow and knee bends and an ab crunch. These guys kneeled quite a bit on the show and I love recreating that.

If MP Cliffjumper is true, then great. Hope he has no piloting ability (no one drove him on the show) and they just worry about making his feet and backpack as tight as possible so we don't get a repeat of all the Bumblebee whining (I think 45 looks amazing).

Accessory speculation: Faces (neutral, laughing, yelling), pistol, BFG from the pilot, and a blast effect. Anything else?

@chchchch wisely pointed out Cliffjumper's glass gas. I took this phone shot from Enter the Nightbird showing that it's actually a nozzle (I'd forgotten).

[​IMG]

It's washed out in my phone shot here, but the glass gas effect is actually an orange/yellow billowing firey stream.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  3. chchchch

chchchch Weight Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    That's the one! And I'm remembering now it once shot from a gun, and once from his exhaust pipe in car mode too I think?

MasterBuilders_Cliffjumper_glass_gas_gun.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

A clear or cool blue effect with glitter in it would look perfect!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

If MP Cliffjumper is indeed coming, then this without a doubt is very interesting for the future of the line, because of licensing.

If he's a licensed Porsche (which we all hope), then this would mean that the issue with Porsche has been solved, and opens the door for a potential MP Jazz.

But what if he's not licensed? Most of us don't or didn't know Cliffjumper transformed into a Porsche. The likeless to the actual car is minimal -- there are non-MP figures closer to an existing type of car that don't need licensing -- so maybe they could get away with it being not licensed. Just an amalgation of different (deformed) cars. Or just be very cartoon based, since that unlike Bumblebee who's clearly a VW beetle, is not so readily identifiable as a Porsche. But then it would be the very first non licensed MP car (not counting the futuristic Hot Rod). That could open the door for more non-licensed cars.

I have little to no interest in a MP Cliffjumper, especially with the current direction of the line, but I hope he's indeed MP-49 just because of the interesting licensing situation and to get an inkling of TT's future intent.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Kranix_OZ

Kranix_OZ Well-Known Member

I won't be jumping on a chibi Cliffy, even though he, along with Hound (who I'm also skipping) were in my top 3 wants but if this means MP-50 Jazz, I am very excited!

7. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz A.K.A Sex Pistol No. 4

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THis?
    [​IMG]

I wonder if the one below are Siege Two figs.
    If it is cliff, that works cause there are two BW characters in front of him

8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beyond the hips being changed, so something like a Shadow Fisher kit is no longer needed, what else is there to improve on MP-27/30? Fold-out treads for the sled? Fixing the chrome issues? I'd rather not see a whole new version of the vans that just fixes that one thing (hips) and is basically MP-27/30 everywhere else all over again, when I've already bought the Shadow Fisher kit and fixed that issue for my purposes.

I'd much rather see a new Seeker or Lambo mold instead than another run at the vans, especially with things like the Hiluxes still unmade.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I don't think a 5-8k run would cost $375 US. He'd cost about that as an official release importing from Japan. A small, exclusive run would probably have to be closer to $500.

10. Chris C137

Chris C137 Has a faux butt-flap. That partsforms.

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm with most here, I don't think the vans need a 2.0 update. The Shadow Fisher upgrades and some toon symbols do the trick for me:

20190925_171336.jpg

I can maybe picture a slight retool and redeco along those lines for a + version but not sure there's a need for a full remake. They were already designed with the toon aesthetic in mind, maybe they could include a swappable full toon van front like they did Inferno/Grapple in a + release also.

Now a Seeker 3.0, Soundwave 2.0 or Sideswipe/Alert 2.0, I would be in for across the board.

• Like Like x 3
  11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Agreed. The latest rumor could be complete BS...and even if it is true, it could be an unlicensed chibi car. So I'm not holding my breath. IF it's actually a licensed Porsche, though...great! Then Jazz has to be imminent. But I'll believe it when I see the Porsche license. Not to say I think it's impossible, but I'm skeptical.

• Like Like x 3
  12. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I'm holding in a wait and see pattern, with regards to MP49 being CJ.
    That being said, I still truly believe that we will get MPs of CJ, Jazz and Mirage.

As for MPs who I think need to be updated:
    Sideswipe
    The Seekers
    Tracks

• Like Like x 3
  13. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

If the rumors about Cliffjumper are true and he is licensed, then we are soon to get the MP Jazz we all are waiting for. If he is unlicensed, then I interpret that as Takara having given up on obtaining the license from Porsche, and I'll give up my hopes for Jazz.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Toddimus

Toddimus Well-Known Member

I would go nuts if they unveil Cliffjumper and Jazz. Cliffjumper does make sense if you consider the timing between a lot of similar molds which were fairly released close together such as Grapple/Inferno and Ironhide/Ratchet among others. But like you- I could see it. Maybe a resin version of MP Jazz to go along with Cliffjumper?

I think that the vans will eventually be + versions or V2's with the things that you are talking about being cleaned up. But I think it will be awhile before we get that due to the fact that they were fairly recent compared to Starscream, Sideswipe, and Soundwave among others who need an update far more.

15. er4smiths

er4smiths MP Grimlock v2.0

News Credits:
    G R I M L O C K

• Like Like x 5
  16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Not doubting, but does anyone believe the Cliffjumper rumor? I ask because it's still Porsche.

Someone just confirmed that those other 3 figures on the list are true. So we may get a MP49 Cliffjumper.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Who confirmed them?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    @Jtprime17

He only confirmed the other 3 figures. MP49 is still yet to be determined. But if those are true, then...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    TCracker mentioned last year that his contacts from Chinese Factory had some info on MP Cliffjumper. No other mention of Cliffjumper by TCracker or any other insider/source. I think its about time they did another minibot. Still hoping for that Brawn TB77 mentioned.

• Like Like x 8
  20. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    We chatted often off site. CJ and Jazz were both completely designed, and Porsche was already on board. Jazz was designed back when Smokescreen came out, but they kept pushing it back for reveal until they saw the line was changing. Then they scrapped that Jazz all together. Now we will get a new Jazz :)  But CJ should be shown this weekend hopefully.

• Like Like x 22